Saturday 10th Feb: CC R3: Barrow Raiders V Oldham: KO 12:30pm, Craven Park, Barrow

57 minutes ago, herbie said:

Was Okeefe the Oldham player sent off at the end?

Might of been blood.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

19 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Might of been blood.

I thought the ref was moving to red card one from each team - but then he seemed to just send Broadbent off. O'Keefe was pouring with blood and according to Sean Long had been 'blindsided' and has a big gash on his head. So I'm assuming the ref received info and changed his mind. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

I thought the ref was moving to red card one from each team - but then he seemed to just send Broadbent off. O'Keefe was pouring with blood and according to Sean Long had been 'blindsided' and has a big gash on his head. So I'm assuming the ref received info and changed his mind. 

That was my thoughts, but no idea really!

17 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

The Oldham player was already off the pitch with the physio when the ref brandished the red car in his direction. He definitely wasn't blindsided as Sean long suggested but was probably not prepared for the barrage that broadbent threw at him when it was all really just a bit of push and shove to start with. Not sure the Oldham lad deserved a red really, as for broadbent a 4 or 5 game ban probably awaits 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blue forever said:

The Oldham player was already off the pitch with the physio when the ref brandished the red car in his direction. He definitely wasn't blindsided as Sean long suggested but was probably not prepared for the barrage that broadbent threw at him when it was all really just a bit of push and shove to start with. Not sure the Oldham lad deserved a red really, as for broadbent a 4 or 5 game ban probably awaits 

The live stream missed it, everyone was hugging by the time the cameras panned over.  

10 minutes ago, blue forever said:

Yep. I watched it unfold as it actually started as pushing between Ryan Johnston and Jamie Ellis 

Ellis and Johnston were chirping to each other most of the match I think.

13 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

The match report suggests O'Keefe was sent off.

He may miss the game against his old club with either suspension and / or stitches in bad cut. We can put Morgan in at centre.

Really impressed with the pack in heavy conditions yesterday. Made their size pay in second half. The Chaplehow's and Lawton were great - the big units we have lacked for some time.

• Like 2

Excellent defensive performance as is becoming customary. Thought we controlled the ptb well in both halves but in the first we kept giving away pens to give them territory which they scored from. Once we stopped the pens we dominated field position and it was only a matter of time until we got the lead.

Thought Barrow were good and their kicking was superb at times. Johnston was excellent at scrum half and the full back Cresswell was good as well.

Ted Chapelhow was immense of the bench. Before the start of the season I couldn't find a spot for him in the 17 but he's forced his way in there. The other two forwards on the bench in Moran and Farnworth were great as well and really having an impact when they come on .Lawton was excellent again on the right edge. O Keefe is going to become a hell of a player, he's fast, strong and aggressive.  Craven was very good as well and and on a firmer pitch I think we would have scored plenty down that left as we looked very dangerous.

Roll on the Hairnets next week

• Like 4

I treated myself to watching it back on bbc iplayer today. Worth doing if you get chance because it gives a whole different perspective on the game - for me Oldham were far more in control than I appreciated on the day- O’Keefe looks v good and better defender than I thought - chapelhows can be different class  

• Like 3

Stats-

Astley-3 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle breaks.10 carries=69m

Agoro-one tackle.2 misses. 4 tackle breaks. one clean break. 20 carries=136m

O'Keefe-13 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 7 carries=76m

Turner-5 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 16 carries=162m

Johnson-2 misses.  one offload. 2 tackle breaks. 20 carries=126m

Craven-9 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle breaks. one clean break. 13 carries=71m

Ellis-4 tackles. one miss. one tackle break. 2 try assists. 6 carries=24m

Kopzcak-16 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle breaks. 12 carries=75m

Wildie-38 tackles. one clean break. 6 carries=31m

J Chapelhow-18 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle breaks. 15 carries=112m

Wardle-28 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 10 carries=76m

Lawton-26 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 16 carries=111m

Taylor-26 tackles. one miss. one tackle break. 8 carries=59m

subs

Moran-20 tackles. 12 carries=71m

Farnworth-27 tackles. 9 carries=75m

T Chapelhow-30 tackles. one tackle break. 12 carries=102m

Aldridge-8 tackles. one miss. 2 carries=11m

Six again conceded- Barrow 1 - 0 Oldham

Watching it back Craven and Turner were superb. Pack was excellent as usual

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Stats-

O'Keefe-13 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 7 carries=76m

Turner-5 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 16 carries=162m

subs

Not sure if the club has a statician but you should definitely get this info over to the club 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Stats-

subs

You need to get together with Michael Turner. Publish these stats with his next book.

Did Ben O’Keefe get sent off?  
I have watched the game back and it looks inconclusive. I know Roger mentioned it in his report, but all the other reports only mention the Barrow lad. 
I am wondering whether it was a blood card as he had a huge cut on his head?