Sat 17th Feb: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 5.30pm (Sky/BBC/SL+)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 18:00

Discuss the match here.

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

1 hour ago, Thunder Road said:

Cannot look further than a Wigan win.

Just keen for it to be a good game. Looking forward to watching. On that note, why on earth are BBC not yet plugging it on the sports website? Not even visible on the RL page from what I can see, let alone on general sports news to catch people looking up this afternoon's  football, union etc.

• Like 1

Pretty much a sellout at Wheldon Road by the sounds of it, looking forward to a good atmosphere.

Wigan will win.

For us Cas fans (the pragmatic ones anyway) I think today we are looking for plenty of effort and athleticism from a much younger team then we have seen of late.  It's year one of a rebuild so basically hoping to see a core of players with the potential to be part of that for thr next 3 years or longer.

Probably looking at a line up of

Hooley (25)

Senior (23)

Wood (26)

Broadbent (23)

Simms (22)

Richardson (27)

Miller (31)

Watts (33)

Horne (25)

Lawler (28)

Tasipale (23)

El Zhakem (25)

Westerman (33)

Mustapha (23)

Hall (21)

Putt (27)

Robb (22)

Obviously not going to beat Wigan today but I'm far more enthused about watching them then the likes of Widdop, Edwards, Fonua, Fariamo and Co who had simply gone beyond there sell by date as SL players.

Edited by Gates1

1 hour ago, N2022 said:

Just keen for it to be a good game. Looking forward to watching. On that note, why on earth are BBC not yet plugging it on the sports website? Not even visible on the RL page from what I can see, let alone on general sports news to catch people looking up this afternoon's  football, union etc.

You didn’t expect anything different from the BBC did you ?

There’s been zero trailers for this game .

I wonder if it will have the same tired graphics with the giants climbing on top of each other.

Perhaps they might go over to Wolverhampton racecourse at half-time for the 18.15 race . A bit like back in the day 🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, soulboy said:

You didn’t expect anything different from the BBC did you ?

There’s been zero trailers for this game .

I wonder if it will have the same tired graphics with the giants climbing on top of each other.

Perhaps they might go over to Wolverhampton racecourse at half-time for the 18.15 race . A bit like back in the day 🙂

Within an hour of kick off, still no sign of. Yes, I've tired of the cartoon giants. Funny that audio jingle / theme can stand the test of decades, with the slightest of tweaks, but graphics date so quickly.

21 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I don’t understand why this and the Catalan game are kicking off at the same time surely they could’ve been staggered. 

I hope staggered games will become more common when everyone gets used to so many games being broadcast, and how they can make the most of it.

Anyhoo, coverage is seconds away. Excited!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The blocky animated figures are the intro graphics - let the whingeing begin!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's a bit moist out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good to see the ref use sense and play advantage rather than just blow instantly.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

A bit silly that. 'Sure he slipped just before the contact, but it's the responsibility of the tackler to ensure contact isn't high.' If I go for tackle at safe height and the player slips / ducks in at last second, How's that my fault?

Really looking forward to see if Danny Richardson's mojo is still there, after the lousy time he's had with injury.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, N2022 said:

A bit silly that. 'Sure he slipped just before the contact, but it's the responsibility of the tackler to ensure contact isn't high.' If I go for tackle at safe height and the player slips / ducks in at last second, How's that my fault?

Head contact is an automatic penalty, no ifs, no buts. The ref makes a decision then based on how it happened, its simple really.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.