Vegas Again/2025 and WCC

23 minutes ago, Damien said:

Pitch in:

Looks great.  When you see the final pics, the corner of the pitch are almost touching the pitch side barriers.  Wingers and full backs will be bouncing around!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

27 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Looks great.  When you see the final pics, the corner of the pitch are almost touching the pitch side barriers.  Wingers and full backs will be bouncing around!

I know! There's a fair slope at the ends of the pitch too, albeit a lot more space than Old Trafford apart from those corners, they look really bad. There's only about a yard of grass along the touchlines too. I'm sure the complaints won't be the same as we hear at the English grounds though with the NRL organising it!

It is what it is and is to be expected with games at non RL specific grounds.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

I know! There's a fair slope at the ends of the pitch too, albeit more a lot more space than Old Trafford apart from those corners, they look really bad. There's only about a yard of grass along the touchlines too. I'm sure the complaints won't be the same as we hear at the English grounds though with the NRL organising it!

It is what it is and is to be expected with games at non RL specific grounds.

Yeah i'm wondering if there's some padding to be installed? There are a few examples of NFL stadiums where the back/sides of the endzone are pretty tight with the stand perimeter and they put quite heavy padding in. Often wondered why none has been designed for the likes of OT and DW where it's hardly a one-off event RL is played there, so surely beneficial to prevent player injury. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah i'm wondering if there's some padding to be installed? There are a few examples of NFL stadiums where the back/sides of the endzone are pretty tight with the stand perimeter and they put quite heavy padding in. Often wondered why none has been designed for the likes of OT and DW where it's hardly a one-off event RL is played there, so surely beneficial to prevent player injury. 

Yes, I think the back walls have plenty of padding.

For me, it is the hard surface about 1 yard from the touchline that may cause more issues.

I am sure precaution has been taken for injury but in Rugby League some action can take place yards over the touchline/in goal with the athletic plays.  Hope they don't interfere with that.

But it will be same on any NFL ground.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 minutes ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

Couldn't we piggy back this in future with a couple of Super League games as warm-ups?

I’d actually like to see the NRL come to London and maybe even Paris. We could definitely piggyback on that to increase SL exposure in two of Europe’s biggest cities

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Well done Australia!  (I don’t think I’ve ever said that before!)

Quoted so it can’t be changed! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JM2010 said:

I’d actually like to see the NRL come to London and maybe even Paris. We could definitely piggyback on that to increase SL exposure in two of Europe’s biggest cities

NRL premiers + 1 other NRL team come to the UK/France. Premiers play WCC, other team plays Challenge Cup winner or just any big club really. 

Both teams then stay to play an NRL round 1 game as a double header with a Super League game, same weekend as Vegas.

12 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

NRL premiers + 1 other NRL team come to the UK/France. Premiers play WCC, other team plays Challenge Cup winner or just any big club really. 

Both teams then stay to play an NRL round 1 game as a double header with a Super League game, same weekend as Vegas.

Sounds like a good plan 

Choices choices. Do I stay up and watch live, coverage from 1am, or do I record and watch first thing in the morning? 

Hope the lucky folk going enjoy themselves! 

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Prices here are ridiculous bottle of procesco in the hotel 180 dollars we stuck to beer 9.50 a bottle :(((((

They have these really nice shops with carpets and fancy lights, where they can give you free cash if you give them your house and keys to your car, if you need some more.

• Haha 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

10 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Sounds like a good plan 

I’ve been spruiking that idea for years 😂 

Now that the NRL has started the overseas games and split first round it’s a bit closer to reality. Timezones are an issue admittedly.

13 hours ago, JM2010 said:

NRL in London makes sense and would be great 

I am finding it very hard to get excited about NRL in Las Vegas ......can someone explain to me why it's a good thing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, jim_57 said:

Minor Premiers vs League leaders shield or CC winners makes sense as second game ....(World Club Shield?) ..if GF/NRL winner same as either then second or other finalist chosen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

NRL in London makes sense and would be great 

I am finding it very hard to get excited about NRL in Las Vegas ......can someone explain to me why it's a good thing?

Mate if you`d seen the press coverage over here you`d understand, it`s been mental. So mental in fact that that idiot union apologist ftzsmmns has written another article in today`s Herald bagging it:

"I think the NRL opening round is this weekend, yes? If only there had been a little more coverage!

" It is just the ludicrous hyperbole that goes with it which grates"

grates" it`s really getting under his skin, meanwhile union super rugby magic round goes unannounced and unattended.

But back to your question, even if it achieves not much more than what it has then I don`t think that will be a bad thing. One interesting development that seems to be coming out of the Nines being held the last couple of days has been the number of female players that have caught the eye of NRL scouts for the NRLW, given the much smaller player pool for women over here perhaps we may see the USA being a useful scouting ground for that comp, what an interesting twist that would be if we started to see decent numbers of American players in the NRLW.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, jim_57 said:

Look the idea has merit, I just don`t think you`d want to dilute the travelling market by having them on the same weekend.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Mate if you`d seen the press coverage over here you`d understand, it`s been mental. So mental in fact that that idiot union apologist ftzsmmns has written another article in today`s Herald bagging it:

"I think the NRL opening round is this weekend, yes? If only there had been a little more coverage!

grates" it`s really getting under his skin, meanwhile union super rugby magic round goes unannounced and unattended.

But back to your question, even if it achieves not much more than what it has then I don`t think that will be a bad thing. One interesting development that seems to be coming out of the Nines being held the last couple of days has been the number of female players that have caught the eye of NRL scouts for the NRLW, given the much smaller player pool for women over here perhaps we may see the USA being a useful scouting ground for that comp, what an interesting twist that would be if we started to see decent numbers of American players in the NRLW.

Pirate Pete always regrets the fact that he wasn't athletic enough to play TGG.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Look the idea has merit, I just don`t think you`d want to dilute the travelling market by having them on the same weekend.

It would pretty much have to be on the “round zero” split weekend though, it would be a logistical nightmare trying to organise either mid-season.

With different clubs involved I doubt you’d dilute the travelling market too much anyway, it should be a minor consideration at best IMO. The main goal would be to attract a lot of locals for each, the NRL wants new fans or “re-engaged” fans of these types of things. Providing more events for existing fans to attend is a side bonus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

" It is just the ludicrous hyperbole that goes with it which grates"

- No, it's the fact that it is Rugby League that grates that clown.

• Like 2