SKY - if you are reading this stop the spoilers

Can you all just put like on this comment so that SKY know it's what we want (and also I will be top of the daily leaderboard for likes) 

And no funny b****rs putting 'sad face' emoji on this 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 6

I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave. 

I'm happy with it the way it is.

I certainly don't want to see Sky being told that the Forum supports stopping the practice. 

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The latest score updates are excellent and a key part of Sky’s all game approach.

Sport is only live once.

Edited by gingerjon
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

57 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can you all just put like on this comment so that SKY know it's what we want (and also I will be top of the daily leaderboard for likes) 

And no funny b****rs putting 'sad face' emoji on this 

Is 'buggers' a swear word? If so I'm genuinely sorry for posting it there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

The latest score updates are excellent and a key part of Sky’s all game approach.

Sport is only live once.

I disagree and think it is an abomination that ruins it for those that want to watch whole games without knowing the score 

It takes nothing away for me to be watching 'on delay'/not live 

In fact almost all my 'live' sport is on some sort of delayed start 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I would hope they do look here 

The biggest fan forum for the sport etc 

So they are probably well aware it's as full of nuts as a squirrel's duodenum. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Sport is only live once.

Reported. 

• Haha 2

They can do updates at HT and FT by pulling up all the scores on a graphic.

No need to spoil the in-game experience. They can even say that a game is close. No need to give the score away for those who want to watch later.

Pretty basic stuff.

• Like 4

While I sympathise, it's pretty obvious they're doing it deliberately to lessen the appeal of watching the games on demand on other platforms, they're not going to change it.

7 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Brilliant marketing slogan. 

Please don't tell me you just made that up.

It was (is?) one of Sky's own slogans.

https://lbbonline.com/news/sky-sports-campaign-highlights-the-importance-of-sport-being-only-live-once/

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Some seem to want the practice stopped 

Others seem to want it to continue.

I propose that the Forum contact Sky Sport directly and tell them very strongly that we are firmly, definitely, unequivocally ambivalent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This happens not just on Sky , and not just RL. TNT give latest Champions league scores of other televised matches. Sky give out Premier league scores of Sunday  2pm matches while showing the featured match,  even though its possible to watch the  others later on catch up or highlights.

Sky would rather after the featured game the viewers stayed on the channel and watched what's on next rather than watching stuff we've recorded. There's no incentive for them to say, " watch another game chaps and chapesses, on us ,  don't watch our next great super dooper program." It's also possible that giving out other scores might be specified in the contract they have with SL. This would stop people doing exactly what people are asking for here, and encourage them to sign for SL+ to watch their team unfettered by the inconvenience of knowing the score.

Come August or whenever the choice will be , watch our featured 2 games and know the scores of the others or sign to SL+. Sky are simply not going to say, " we'll keep mum about the other scores and you can watch your recordings and don't bother with our silly SL steaming service."

Why d'you think the tv negotiations went on forever? If it was just about money the deal would have been done in 5 minutes. 

" here's 21 m."

" not enough "

" tough, take it or leave it."

" hmm, OK "

"nice doing business with you,  byee"

Every detail is hammered out, times, highlight packages and giving scores etc. To think otherwise is naive.

Remember the IMG factor, they are not mugs.

Edited by HawkMan

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The easiest solution would be to stop this madness of playing matches on TV at the same time.

I agree. After all, it doesn't happen in any other sport.......oh...er....hang on a min.....😀😀😀

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

While I sympathise, it's pretty obvious they're doing it deliberately to lessen the appeal of watching the games on demand on other platforms, they're not going to change it.

It was (is?) one of Sky's own slogans.

https://lbbonline.com/news/sky-sports-campaign-highlights-the-importance-of-sport-being-only-live-once/

Not sure if they're still using it but it was their major campaign slogan for a while.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The biggest fan forum for the sport etc 

There's like 30 regular posters on here. Their focus group for Brighouse probably has more people in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1