Club Statement by Mark Campbell

I think MC deserves thanks for his commitment and passion that he has shown for Rovers during his tenure as Chairman. But with the looming legal challenge and the recent wages controversy I think he’s made the correct decision to stand down. 

• Like 1

Not always agreed with the way our club was run.But over the years no one could have worked harder than Mark to try for SL and make Rovers the best they could be.To take the gamble for SL over the last two years was a gamble he had to take.The fact Rovers are not in SL is not down to Mark but on the day our players who were good enough came up short.

• Like 5

You can't argue with the amount of money he's put in, although there will always be some debate about how the club has been run. Regardless, I think it gives the club an opportunity to look at becoming truly self-sustainable. Field a squad that can be covered by the income the club gets and use any excess money to improve the facilities. Will we ever make Super League under IMG's criteria? Probably not. But we've not managed it on the field either, so we might as well try doing it this way.

The amount of money and effort put in over his time with us is admirable, and I'd thank him for that. Would I agree with every decision made or statement made: no, but then they aren't mine to make.

What next? Irrespective of the depth of their pockets, I'd quite like to see a broader board made up of individuals with a variety of different skills. That needs those individuals to step forward however, with a view of using their expertise to run the club in a sustainable yet developing manner.

Wakey and Cas have both recently discovered benefactors, is there someone else who has been waiting for MC to step back before throwing money at the club? 

Whatever the outcome, the Fev rollercoaster continues...

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Vast commercial experience. 2 degrees, marketing awards, senior age but still got my facilities. i am not looking for income but just to help if I can in any capacity. UTR.

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I guess he’s a successful businessman who previously played for us. It’s worrying times, as I don’t think that there will be hundreds of wealthy benefactors looking to invest. Maybe stabalise the club and then we will have to reduce costs in the future and become self sustainable rather than relying on someone putting money in like MC.

It would be interesting to see what assets we have and a proper list of creditors and debtors. To see an up to date statement of our accounts would then help to make the next step to recity the position. At the moment we do not know what actions the management are taking in this matter. All we are getting is adverse comments. I wonder if we are using our assets to the best of their ability, unless of course they are all tied up. Please management give us a clear picture. 

8 minutes ago, haskey said:

Why has it taken Jacks up to now to put a claim in. ?

Iam not douting any players but what i can't understand is there's players still coming to the club and plenty stayed from last season. Something doesn't add up for me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, haskey said:

Maybe he’d written it off, but seeing all the stuff on social media, encouraged him to claim. Can’t see that he’d take court action if he didn’t think that he was owed money. 

17 hours ago, haskey said:

My guess is that this isn't that uncommon in second tier RL in this country and we're not the only club who doesn't pay up the last wage as quickly as we should, so players are sort of used to it?  It's still wrong and needs to be sorted, but I'd be surprised if we're the only club guilty of this, we have perhaps waited too long?

Or perhaps it's just us and players don't like to publicly shame a club for fear of affecting their future elsewhere.

Please can someone with knowledge of league rules step in & tell me what sanctions Fev will face with all this they have known about going into the new season?

Do fans just think it can be brushed under the carpet?

Surely there are fines, points or whatever involved here,how can they be allowed to keep paying new contracts when there not paying old contracts, agents you name it

This is a total sham, a club who were 1 game away from Super League.

I don't care if it's Fev or Wigan, as a RL fan we deserve to know whats the rules please?

1 hour ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Please can someone with knowledge of league rules step in & tell me what sanctions Fev will face with all this they have known about going into the new season?

Surely there are fines, points or whatever involved here,how can they be allowed to keep paying new contracts when there not paying old contracts, agents you name it

I don't care if it's Fev or Wigan, as a RL fan we deserve to know whats the rules please?

The only thing that has been found against Fev was the contract dispute with Ben Mathieu which went Mathieu's way in the small claims court. All the rest currently is he said /she said until proven one way or another. There are claims of late payments, some or all of which may have been paid.

There are claims of pension payments missing, which the club strongly deny.

There is a claim from an agent for money, where the RFL say he hasn't followed the correct procedures.

So at this stage, although it appears to be a bit of a mess, I'm not sure any sanctions can be levied at the club. The RFL aren't even involving themselves. 

Fev are not the first , nor will they be the last club to have cash flow problems. I seem to remember Whitehaven had problems over the winter but no-one suggested they be demoted or have points deductions.

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Pablo , have you actually read our Chairman's statement on this issue. It is a mess but the club is getting to grips with the situation, The RFL will be aware, but unless it escalates they will not need to be involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Who's brushing it under the carpet ? Have you actually read what MC has said ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

In his statement MC says that along with another person they have invested upwards of £1.7M. Is any of this money meant to be in the form of a loan which they expect to be repaid?

The last accounts at companies house showed a sizeable loan (can't remember the amount) from the chairman, at zero interest. Whether he ever expected or expects it to be paid back, who knows.

• Thanks 1

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

10 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

The last accounts at companies house showed a sizeable loan (can't remember the amount) from the chairman, at zero interest. Whether he ever expected or expects it to be paid back, who knows.

Seems unlikely that he’ll ever get that money back, now that the land issue has gone quiet. Plus you’d assume that if he’s stepping down, he’d be wanting some money for his shares.