Fri 22nd Mar-Sun 24th Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round Match Thread

34 minutes ago, redjonn said:

he didn't though.... he was asked a pointed question about the PTB area and he talked about the change of approach talked about and how it has regressed back to previous seasons ignoring of it plus the flopping on tackling, six again and off side not applied... he did say not just our game but looking across all the games last week.... He was spot on with those comments.

On the actual game he was critical of their performance,  not enough intent, performance not were it needed to be, disappointed in not stopping the try just before half time, Saints were the much better team, only a short period of 15-20 mins after halftime were they had more intent, etc.

Only until asked pointedly by journalist about the poor PTB in the game did he move on to a more general comment on the approach agreed before season started had regressed back to the poor interpretations of the rule again.

So to me he was clear they were not good enough on the day and the opposition were the much better team, etc

So I would disagree with your comment.

But he did blame the ref, indirectly, by implication and interpretation if not directly. It's a shame too many of our coaches haven't had media training so that they can respond somewhat more eloquently than they do. It's not compulsory to answer every question asked by reporters, nor is 💪💪💪💪💪needed, either. The adult thing to have done would have been to respond in the immediate post- match press conference by saying something like, for example, "I'd rather talk about how we played and leave these broader issues for later. Suffice to say, overall, we work with the match officials on a two way basis , seeking to understand how we can work together to ensure we meet their expectations." 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What kind of job would a Historical Academic have that he would be working these strange hours?

43 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If I told you I'd have to kill you Harry!

Historical Academic on some secret mission.  You weren't searching for the Ark of the Covenant were you?

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

Historical Academic on some secret mission.  You weren't searching for the Ark of the Covenant were you?

Only the most penitent man shall pass.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Comes on at 13:45

Thats my day off the pop then just hit a nice bar with sea view in the costa brava:) computer on glass of white and ready to rock and roll:)

Tomorrow over the border Pia v Carcassonne:)

Paul 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I'm glad I couldn't watch because I was at work.

You need to get your work/life balance sorted, pal.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Anyone elses picture a bit jumpy

It sounds pretty gusty out there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fine finish from Hanley there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hull FC manage to keep Huddersfield scoreless for 3 minutes.

Score moves on to 10-0 after 12 mins.

We get battered everywhere we go...

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Jordan Lane scores, my word.

Hudds 10 Hull FC 6.

Manoa Wacokecoke's try is at the top of the highlights reel for the round so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hudds 14 Hull FC 6.