Thur 28th Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/03/24 at 20:32

Leeds' tacklers coping more than comfortably with that series of attacks.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It wasn’t a try. The blame is with the RFL and the officials for obvious no tries being given as tries. It has nothing to do with fans complaining.

The way the decision is made was changed because fans complained.

It used to be ref didn't know give it video ref.

Complaints when ref had a good view.

If unsure ref passed back to on-field ref, people complained, benefit of doubt.

So we now have ref gives his opinion which can only be overturned by obvious, repeat OBVIOUS, reason.

Whinge all you want you have two options over who gets the say, but you can't have both without ref and VR standing over a screen for 10 minutes to work it out.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Video ref knew that wasnt really a try so he kept saying the ref said it was a try …

This is a sure sign that the VR is going to back the ref up and a sure sign that the process is failing. 

It's basically the VR saying he disagrees but isn't allowed to. 

• Like 3

Momirovski gets his second.

Or his first, depending on your opinion.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now that's a good rugby try.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Cas's attack is painful to watch once they get withing 20. Making plenty of yards up the middle but totally clueless in attack and don't look close to scoring. 

48 minutes ago, meast said:

What happened to the green card?

As with most changes to the rules, it got used in abundance for a few weeks at the start of the season then we forgot all about it and went back to normal. At this point I think we have to accept that in SL rounds 1-3, 4-27 and playoffs will be refereed to 3 different tolerance levels of the rules, gradually relaxing until you have the GF where almost everything is let go to let the game flow and we all have our yearly discussion about how good it is seeing refs just let a game go.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

As with most changes to the rules, it got used in abundance for a few weeks at the start of the season then we forgot all about it and went back to normal. At this point I think we have to accept that in SL rounds 1-3, 4-27 and playoffs will be refereed to 3 different tolerance levels of the rules, gradually relaxing until you have the GF where almost everything is let go to let the game flow and we all have our yearly discussion about how good it is seeing refs just let a game go.

So much truth in this its not even funny.

• Like 2

There must be some British halfbacks around who are better than Frawley or Miller. And I say that as a fan of a team with Drinkwater, who is equally anonymous.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Its amazing how the early clamp down on high shots reduced high shots, so much so that they could reduce the punishment.

A short sharp shock can have quick results.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Westerman would have given away 20 penalties in the nrl under the new blockers rule on last play

He’s just doing what Cameron Smith does for Leeds.