Rochdale

I watched them against Oldham and they've got a biiig pack. Some hefty props but not much else. What can you say apart from the obvious? We need to start much much better than we have been, defend our line better than we have been and control the middle better than we have been.  I think we'll be too good in the end but not by many. 

• Like 1

We must improve or Hornets will take us it's as simple as that , I know we won on Saturday but Rochdale won't be no push overs , they have just got Lloyd Roby in from Widnes and a lad from Salford, we must stop the silly penalties and defend or line better. UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

• Like 1

Won’t be easy, Rochdale have brought a bit of quality into the squad, and also we have the extremely inconsistent Mr Bennett referring.

UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 2

I expect home advantage will see us through. If we are anywhere near the performance vs whaven at home, we will be fine. I'm sure the boll#cking at HT last week will still be ringing in the ears

• Like 1

The weather forecast this weekend, especially for Workington with 40mph winds today and 50mph+ over the weekend plus some rain.  Affecting Rochdale too!

Keep safe and the powder dry!

The weather will certainly play a part in the game with winds that strong. Good to see Burnsy, Saunders and Jack Stephenson in the squad on the our league page. Only one loanee, Joe Purcell, if that squads correct. 

• Like 2

How is it up there this morning? BBC forecast is showing you mid 50’s mph currently and most of the day; tomorrow 57mph to wake you up and early 50’s most of the day.

Rochdale mid 40’s mph tomorrow until mid afternoon.

It will not be fun for walkers and drivers.  If  the game is played, you may soon run out of balls, so to speak!

I am too far away (slight wind and sun!), even from Rochdale.

Keep safe folks.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

How is it up there this morning? BBC forecast is showing you mid 50’s mph currently and most of the day; tomorrow 57mph to wake you up and early 50’s most of the day.

It will not be fun for walkers and drivers.  If  the game is played, you may soon run out of balls, so to speak!

Keep safe folks.

Just a laal bit breezy marra, still t-shirt, shorts & flip flops weather up here. I know you southerners are a laal bit soft like! 

Seriously though it is windy and will affect how the game is played but I've seen games played in strong winds before, it's that judgement call at what point it becomes a health risk.

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, glemiln said:

Keep safe folks.

Don't go by BBC weather forecast, they barely know where Workington is, to be honest most forecasts for westcumbria are usually wrong.

It is a bit breezy most of the time 

• Like 2

We used to play in this all season . I’ve been down there with one eye on the game and one eye on the roof in case it blows off 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have we honestly banned one of our life long supporters for the rest of the season for covering up a couple of letters on an advertising board with his flag 🤷‍♂️I know how important advertising sponsors are to the club, but this is just overkill in the extreme. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Have we honestly banned one of our life long supporters for the rest of the season for covering up a couple of letters on an advertising board with his flag 🤷‍♂️I know how important advertising sponsors are to the club, but this is just overkill in the extreme. 🙄

It’s absolutely shocking. Really disappointing decision from the club to ban a supporter who has supported town through thick and thin.

I know this has angered myself and other supporters I speak to and will be considering whether to attend the game myself or not. Really not happy about this. Is this really where we want our club to be heading? Will lead to us potentially losing even more supporters when we can’t afford to 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

This is shocking, pretty poor decision by the club. Feel sorry for whoever it is 😔

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I didn’t realise they had banned Andrew, I know they threatened to call the police if he didn’t take his flag down but thought that was the end of the matter. Very poor from Town if he’s been banned from the ground.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Was he asked to take it down and refused?? was there no warning at all?? are we a club that can afford to do with out staunch supporters?? I don’t think it was very well thought out although I don’t the details, (free the town one )😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1