Sat 27th-Sun 28th Apr: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

39 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

THEIR !!! how many clubs does this apply to ? 

As the saying goes, better to own your own terrace house as being a renter in a four bedroom detached

Is that a saying? Never heard it. A bit wordy.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Only kid’s season tickets are free on the back of a paid adults season ticket.  Some clubs give kid’s tickets free without a paying adult, imagine that.

Up the Trin 

👍 

12 hours ago, dboy said:

Not correct, but you know that already.

There was no "gift", it was a payment from a developer in return for releasing land that the club held under a S106 agreement.

No WMDC assets have been "put up" by the council. The BV land has been "put up" by the club - just like a house-buyer puts up their home.

You don't need to worry though, Wakefield Trinity won't be missing any mortgage payments.

You should stick to worrying about your own tin-pot village club. 

Exactly you got the money from the s106 order which you did absolutely nothing for it was all to do with a company getting planning permission while you moaned someone owed you a ground. Meanwhile the other 2 clubs in the district got sod all, so don’t brag about how much you have done because you just got lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Exactly you got the money from the s106 order which you did absolutely nothing for it was all to do with a company getting planning permission while you moaned someone owed you a ground. Meanwhile the other 2 clubs in the district got sod all, so don’t brag about how much you have done because you just got lucky.

If we had done sod all we wouldn’t have a new stand, pitch, floodlights multi million pound investor, new ground improvements on the horizon.   Together with on and off field improvements our future is looking very good.   Took a lot of hard work and a number of years but things are looking good.

Up the Trin 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Cas are benefitting from a S106 also.

Not only are us Wakey fans lucky, but our players are too - lucky to get paid what they are owed.

How is it going down Post Office Road these days?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dboy said:

Cas are benefitting from a S106 also.

Not only are us Wakey fans lucky, but our players are too - lucky to get paid what they are owed.

How is it going down Post Office Road these days?

All paid apparently and still retained some players from last season and signed some new ones,so they must be getting paid. If not iam sure it will be on social media soon enough. 

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

If we had done sod all we wouldn’t have a new stand, pitch, floodlights multi million pound investor, new ground improvements on the horizon.   Together with on and off field improvements our future is looking very good.   Took a lot of hard work and a number of years but things are looking good.

Up the Trin 

Number of years ? A big number lol but congratulations on getting there. You've really turned it round and the Stadium looks really good.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Thought Toulouse were poor and it was only Trinity's laborious play and slow ruck speed that made it closer than it ought to have been. They only looked dangerous on the back of repeat penalties and their second try was just shambolic defending. Trinty were always a class above and for the 10 minutes or so we actually sped the game up they couldn't handle it. 

Sheffield away will be the toughest test so far. 

I just looked at the TO team they put out. Ben Laguerre at full back and no Shorocks? I think they did well to get 12pts with that team!

12 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I just looked at the TO team they put out. Ben Laguerre at full back and no Shorocks? I think they did well to get 12pts with that team!

The 12 points were well and truly gift wrapped. They couldn't get out of their 40 without a leg up. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Oxy was right with his Fax prediction.Never mind a bit easier next week away to FEV 😃

Fax always seem to raise their games against Rovers. 😉 

1 minute ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Wouldn't have given Widnes a prayer at 13-6 down and playing into the wind with seven minutes left today. Very very happy to come away with the win.

Funny old game Bulls beat Fev, Fev beat Widnes then Widnes beat Bulls 😉

On 25/04/2024 at 10:44, John Drake said:

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

@Havenwarrior2021 - FYI this is probably the reason why

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Where has mine gone?! All I said was haven were robbed 🤔

I would imagine that one will be on its way shortly.

• Thanks 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Good win for us today but the score flattered Dewsbury tbh. Gave our forwards far too much space to run. Special mentions to Brad Knowles, Tyla Hepi, Sui Matagi for taking advantage of it.

I attended and Doncaster OAP’s were definitely the worthy winners. £450-000 pumped in since last season please bear in mind. I did not think your team was anything special. I also noted that the right edge continually displayed visual frustration in relation to let’s say more left edge attacking plays. Individual egos at war perhaps! Would be interested to know why the score flattered Dewsbury. Initially I was going to submit a well done Donny post. However I admit that your disingenuous comment got under my skin. Maybe you are still bitter that we overhauled your team in the pop and crisp League last season. Enjoy things whilst it lasts. Not sure what your beloved club/team long term plan is I.e youth players etc.

19 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'll be mindful to report every comment I see from now on then 

Ok.

Bit weird, but .......

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"