2025 Transfer Tracker

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really in what way Damien?

He says he is made up for John Asiata and telephoned him to congratulate him on the value and length of contract he has secured for himself and his family.

AS FOR 2025 TRANSFERS He also said that in relation to midseason transfers that there is a protocol that clubs adhere to in not disclosing player movements in or out of clubs, Leigh have lost another player - unnamed - and signed 3 others also unnamed, so there could be up to 4 clubs including Leigh involved in those deals which the clubs have respected the protocol, Hull chose not to do which I fully understand as they are desperate as Mr B said to give their loyal fans some hope for the future, what is bitter about that?

The agent released the information first, as they do, but why the issue of a YouTube video with the rant?  Quite clear he is bitter and wants the world to know.  I see now he’s brought Chanberlain back earlier from his loan at Hull.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

The agent released the information first, as they do, but why the issue of a YouTube video with the rant?  Quite clear he is bitter and wants the world to know.  I see now he’s brought Chanberlain back earlier from his loan at Hull.

If they've recalled him with the intention of playing him then that's fair enough. But he's out of contract at the end of the year I believe, and is trying to play well and put himself in the shop window. So if this is just a case of Beaumont throwing his toys out of the pram then it just shows how selfish he is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bratman said:

Looks like FC have now signed Oliver Holmes as well. Maybe black and white leopard print kit for next season? 😀 

Leopards turned zebras, like poachers turned gamekeepers?

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, bratman said:

Looks like FC have now signed Oliver Holmes as well. Maybe black and white leopard print kit for next season? 😀 

As much as I’d like to impressed, I aren’t with this one.  I suppose there needs to be some strength to provide a platform for the youth that’s coming through but, and with respect to OH, we need to be targeting players of a better standard now.

Fifita would do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

As much as I’d like to impressed, I aren’t with this one.  I suppose there needs to be some strength to provide a platform for the youth that’s coming through but, and with respect to OH, we need to be targeting players of a better standard now.

Fifita would do.

I've not seen too much of Holmes but seems a solid squad player to me, which is still a useful addition.

21 minutes ago, bratman said:

I've not seen too much of Holmes but seems a solid squad player to me, which is still a useful addition.

I will be sorry to see him go, very reliable player and in my opinion our best second pairing is Kai O'Donnell and Ollie Holmes.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Fifita would do.

It doesn't matter how much money we've got to throw around, it's a salary cap sport, we can't just go and sign 10 superstars. Holmes is a solid addition, lots of experience and will hopefully help the development of the likes of Staveley and Jebson who will hopefully be the future of the second row position at Hull.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, bratman said:

The main problem buying this age group is previous injury.   I fear that Hulls impatience will neglect this in desperation and it will hurt them.  

Cant afford to be back of the queue anymore.  We need another marquee player.

4 hours ago, MZH said:

If they've recalled him with the intention of playing him then that's fair enough. But he's out of contract at the end of the year I believe, and is trying to play well and put himself in the shop window. So if this is just a case of Beaumont throwing his toys out of the pram then it just shows how selfish he is.

I suspect we’ll soon learn of another injury at Leigh, or another outgoing that means we can’t afford to have him out on loan. 

34 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I suspect we’ll soon learn of another injury at Leigh, or another outgoing that means we can’t afford to have him out on loan. 

If there's a genuine need for him I have no issue whatsoever with the recall. But if he's just been recalled because Beaumont is unhappy about the Asiata deal then it's very petty and a shame for the player.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

It doesn't matter how much money we've got to throw around, it's a salary cap sport, we can't just go and sign 10 superstars. Holmes is a solid addition, lots of experience and will hopefully help the development of the likes of Staveley and Jebson who will hopefully be the future of the second row position at Hull.

Hopefully, if the ACL curse ever goes away.

56 minutes ago, MZH said:

If there's a genuine need for him I have no issue whatsoever with the recall. But if he's just been recalled because Beaumont is unhappy about the Asiata deal then it's very petty and a shame for the player.

Agree with that. And I’d hope this hasn’t been done out of pettiness, and was instead the call of Lam and Chester.

There’s also a chance the recall was decided on when Hardaker made Tex Hoy look like a wrecking ball on Saturday. Just hope that it’s not because of an injury to Leutele

I see Callum Walker has just pretty much lied about what Beaumont said in that clip from the sponsors lounge.  What he said was, “we’ve signed players that we’ve not announced, clubs have signed players, there’s a player that’s been signed from here that’s not been announced by that club…”

Walker quotes him as saying ““There’s a player that has been signed from here (Castleford) that has not been announced by the club because that’s the correct etiquette”

Quite how he can say ‘here’ means Castleford, when he’s stood at the Leigh ground! Then this site runs the article with the headline “Leigh Leopards owner reveals signing of Castleford star”

Awful journalism 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, phiggins said:

I see Callum Walker has just pretty much lied about what Beaumont said in that clip from the sponsors lounge.  What he said was, “we’ve signed players that we’ve not announced, clubs have signed players, there’s a player that’s been signed from here that’s not been announced by that club…”

Walker quotes him as saying ““There’s a player that has been signed from here (Castleford) that has not been announced by the club because that’s the correct etiquette”

Quite how he can say ‘here’ means Castleford, when he’s stood at the Leigh ground! Then this site runs the article with the headline “Leigh Leopards owner reveals signing of Castleford star”

Awful journalism 

I'm just surprised you're surprised mate 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm just surprised you're surprised mate 😁

Very fair comment!

Although, this does seem to go a bit beyond the usual article with very little content being given a clickbait headline, and goes onto completely misquoting somebody for a completely untrue, clickbait article. Probably knowing that the individual in question has plenty of detractors and that it will provoke a reaction from fans of various clubs

Yusuf Aydin has signed permanently for Hull, with Jack Brown going to Hull KR. 

Not sure either team has particularly gained or lost there tbh. I really liked Brown when he first broke through but he has definitely stagnated and his discipline (in terms of silly penalties and 6 agains) is poor. Maybe the move will help him. I need to see more of Aydin to make a judgement. In his two loan appearances I feel like he has done OK without really being a standout. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2024 at 08:56, The Blues Ox said:

Both systems have their flaws but some people are just too stubborn to admit it.

London - Them getting replaced in the top flight next season does not show that P&R is a failure. They would no doubt have done things differently if they did not already know they would not make the cut.

Wakefield - This is clearly a positive. A team is able to make signings knowing that they are pretty much nailed on to make the top 12 in the gradings.

Leigh - This is a flaw in the new system. They are one of the teams under threat and if they were to miss out on the top 12 its a huge reduction in money and at this point they have to be careful who they sign and what they spend leading to uncertainty in their players minds.

Hull - A success of the system. A basket case of a club but know that at best they will be an A grade or at very worst they will be comfortable in the 12 giving them free license to spend stupid money on players.

Yes signings like Asiata happened under previous systems but a lot of the time they were for the same reasons, anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

I'd be interested to know how a "basket case of a club" can receive an A grade.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

20 hours ago, phiggins said:

Awful journalism 

No way did Beaumont use the word “etiquette “ either 😀

• Like 1

I've given up even trying to keep up with our comings and goings, so if you've got a player who isn't getting a lot of gametime at the minute, just assume Hull have probably signed him on loan.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

I've given up even trying to keep up with our comings and goings, so if you've got a player who isn't getting a lot of gametime at the minute, just assume Hull have probably signed him on loan.

Ben Reynolds