2025 Transfer Tracker

Matty Russell to Leeds on a two month Loan.

Obviously the vocal Leeds fans think this is disaterous and want everyone sacking but I don’t think its that much of  a bad loan deal. We’re really short on Wingers and Riley Lumb who looked like he would take that spot did his hamstring after 30 seconds against London, the other kids in the squad aren’t really wingers and we miss Fusitua’s go forward.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

If Borough is Myler's idea of the start of a quality spin for his team then his aspirations are not very high. Didn't rate Borough at Wigan and don't rate him now! Unless of course he's back up to a quality 9 incoming.

Well that's the question I suppose. If he's been signed as a back up hooker/replacement for Morgan Smith then it's a decent signing. If he's being signed to be first choice 9 then it's a bit underwhelming.

It is worth saying that because we are in such a mess at the minute it's going to be hard to attract quality players without paying massively over odds, and we aren't going to be able to fix all of our squad issues in one season. The rebuild will need to happen in a few phases. However, hooker is one of the positions we need to get right.

Another strong Hull FC related rumour that I haven't seen mentioned here is that we are trying to get Jordan Adbull back to the club to be our 7 next year. 

No doubt a very talented player. But if him and Trueman are going to be our halves next year its a gamble given both of their injury records.

25 minutes ago, MZH said:

Another strong Hull FC related rumour that I haven't seen mentioned here is that we are trying to get Jordan Adbull back to the club to be our 7 next year. 

No doubt a very talented player. But if him and Trueman are going to be our halves next year its a gamble given both of their injury records.

Abdul needs to get fit imo, he’s such a talented player but never looks match fit

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Abdul needs to get fit imo, he’s such a talented player but never looks match fit

He's struggled with his weight all his career, its unlikely to change now. Is his undoubted talent enough to overlook his flaws? IMO, probably yes. Allows us to use a quota spot elsewhere too. 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Obviously the vocal Leeds fans think this is disaterous and want everyone sacking but I don’t think its that much of  a bad loan deal. We’re really short on Wingers and Riley Lumb who looked like he would take that spot did his hamstring after 30 seconds against London, the other kids in the squad aren’t really wingers and we miss Fusitua’s go forward.

I assume that's immediate rather than next year?

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Well that's the question I suppose. If he's been signed as a back up hooker/replacement for Morgan Smith then it's a decent signing. If he's being signed to be first choice 9 then it's a bit underwhelming.

It is worth saying that because we are in such a mess at the minute it's going to be hard to attract quality players without paying massively over odds, and we aren't going to be able to fix all of our squad issues in one season. The rebuild will need to happen in a few phases. However, hooker is one of the positions we need to get right.

Rowley rates him and Cust so expect both going with him

9 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Bennison was great when kicked a few weeks ago. Should be kicking over Percival. Not sure why he hasn’t been playing though is he injured or has he been dropped?

He isn’t really guaranteed his spot in the team that seems to be a problem with most of Saints kickers. Bennison not guaranteed his spot Percival misses a few with injuries. Makinson usually plays but doesn’t want to kick because he’s carrying a knock Lomax I don’t think wants to be the kicker unless he has to. So you end up with the situation where someone misses a couple and you swap kickers over so there’s never a settled kicker. Whereas Wigan have said Smiths the kicker he’s had some issues early on but they’ve stuck with him and he’s starting to get there now. 

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I like Russell. His effort is excellent and in some games he is extremely effective. In two months he will probably have 3/4 good games for Leeds and 1 or 2 stinkers.

He had an absolutely disastrous game against Salford the other week and suspect Burgess would rather look at trying out a few younger guys should Ashton or Thewlis be missing.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

My Mum was available though.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I like Russell. His effort is excellent and in some games he is extremely effective. In two months he will probably have 3/4 good games for Leeds and 1 or 2 stinkers.

He had an absolutely disastrous game against Salford the other week and suspect Burgess would rather look at trying out a few younger guys should Ashton or Thewlis be missing.

I don't rate him at all at this level Browny, but he had some genuinely rotten luck against Salford. I think Burgess had seen enough.

Leeds should play one of the kids; they're not going down so give someone a go. 

(Note to SL coaches - just kick behind him if you can, he's an oil tanker.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

I don't rate him at all at this level Browny, but he had some genuinely rotten luck against Salford. I think Burgess had seen enough.

Leeds should play one of the kids; they're not going down so give someone a go. 

(Note to SL coaches - just kick behind him if you can, he's an oil tanker.)

Leeds had been playing some of the kids and one of them got injured in the first 30 seconds of his second game.

were really short on backs this loan move makes sense in the circumstances.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Looks like Lam is staying at Leigh based on Beaumonts latest tweet. 

Hope so and that should mean Lachlan is also staying till the end of '25, now just need to persuade Tom Amone. 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hope so and that should mean Lachlan is also staying till the end of '25, now just need to persuade Tom Amone. 

I think Amone will more than likely be playing NRL next year, and probably doing very well. Can't compete with the draw of playing NRL. Not worried though, Chester/Lam have a very good hit rate on imports for us so I've no doubt there are some big signings coming considering how much cap space is being freed up. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Imagine how big the tantrum will be if he doesn't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I think that's a fair summary. I've always liked him because of his effort. 

My wife on the other hand, has always liked him because of some of his insta pics 😠

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I think Amone will more than likely be playing NRL next year, and probably doing very well. Can't compete with the draw of playing NRL. Not worried though, Chester/Lam have a very good hit rate on imports for us so I've no doubt there are some big signings coming considering how much cap space is being freed up. 

Yes, Mr Lams book of contacts should be worth a fortune to any DoR, just look at his roll call playing over here now who he is directly responsible for bringing into the British game, French, Field, Asiata, Amone, Ipape and even Lachlan Lam his own son, all mostly relatively unknowns (to many British fans) and surplus to the NRL but now amongst the very top performers in their positions in the SL, so Leigh may well have 3 quota spots to fill for next season 2 of the afore mentioned plus Big Ben.

Keep up the good work Adrian but only at Leigh!

9 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Isn't it funny what the subconscious mind can do, your post was the last thing I read before turning out the light and I woke up in a hot sweat with a vision of the picture you posted, my mind interpreted it with the big Bentley emblem in the background they had gone and signed James Bentley from Leeds, argh.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Just Browny said:

He played very well at Leigh sorry to see him go at the time effectively being replaced by Tom Briscoe.