2025 Transfer Tracker

10 minutes ago, ColD said:

They will be in irrespective of winning the GF, their provisional IMG grading show that with other points to come

Hypothetical I know, but what if they finished bottom?

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

An example of when relegation gives a club a kick up the backside instead of ambling along in Mediocricy and being reliant on the promoted clubs being poor. 

Wakey needed relegating, and being in SL grand final win or not, gives them time to prepare and be competitive. 

Good luck 

I mean let's have it right, this is all down to Matt Ellis. If he hadn't taken over I dread to think where we'd be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Hypothetical I know, but what if they finished bottom?

Knock off the points they got for the indicative grades and add the score for finishing 14th in the championship.

Point is I don't think they are leaving this to chance. Its why Cas have finally made improvements to Wheldon Road, first in decades?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wakeyranger said:

I mean let's have it right, this is all down to Matt Ellis. If he hadn't taken over I dread to think where we'd be. 

Absolutely but the last few years have been damaging. Onwards and upwards. 

On 16/05/2024 at 13:16, Father Ted said:

If Borough is Myler's idea of the start of a quality spin for his team then his aspirations are not very high. Didn't rate Borough at Wigan and don't rate him now! Unless of course he's back up to a quality 9 incoming.

For me he is too slow at the play the ball. Not too concerned about him leaving.

21 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

An example of when relegation gives a club a kick up the backside instead of ambling along in Mediocricy and being reliant on the promoted clubs being poor. 

Wakey needed relegating, and being in SL grand final win or not, gives them time to prepare and be competitive. 

Good luck 

I have said it before Snowy that Derek Beaumont drafted up the new blueprint for promotion and staying in SL, now Matt Ellis is following the same rules, it is only those who keep looking at the old method of waiting till the season ends before trying to get players signed to perform in SL that say there is no place for P&R in today's league structure.

Well done Wakefield.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With Makinson leaving Saints, Saints will be looking for a new Winger. Maika Sivo has a lethal partnership with Waqa Blake playing together for Parra and Fiji and with Sivo now being offered to other clubs there could be a big chance of that happening.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have said it before Snowy that Derek Beaumont drafted up the new blueprint for promotion and staying in SL, now Matt Ellis is following the same rules, it is only those who keep looking at the old method of waiting till the season ends before trying to get players signed to perform in SL that say there is no place for P&R in today's league structure.

Well done Wakefield.

Edit. Mr Beaumont is going to have to start all over again with recruitment now losing Kai O'Donnell along with Asiata, Holmes and most probably Amone from our forwards, the lads that have been brought in this year are just replacements when these are not available.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Edit. Mr Beaumont is going to have to start all over again with recruitment now losing Kai O'Donnell along with Asiata, Holmes and most probably Amone from our forwards, the lads that have been brought in this year are just replacements when these are not available.

O’Donnell leaving frees up a chunk of cap space and a quota spot. Given that and the fact that quality 2nd rowers are currently pretty prevalent in elite RL on both sides of the world, he’s far from irreplaceable.

Sad to see him go, but it’s been known a long time he wants to go back to the NRL. Got 3 quality years out of him where he helped achieve a lot of goals for the club so he goes with my best wishes. If anything it’s a testament to our overseas recruitment that we’re picking up players that go on to NRL, rather than being picked off by midtable SL clubs as in years gone by and it will only help further recruitment with any fringe NRL players when we can demonstrate the development we’ve given to the likes of O’Donnell, Amone and Lam Jr when he goes back.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Can we not merge or close 2024 thread. I posted on the wrong one. 

Doro linked with KR for next year.

Signings for 2024 go in the 2024 thread, signings for 2025 go in the 2025 thread.

It's a very simple system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Best prop in SL.  

Unfortunately this is how it will go, more so when another one/two teams enter the NRL.

Yep, I called it before this season even started he'd be going back home at the end of this year. He's far too good not to, capable of punching holes in defences, capable of 80 minute performances and rarely makes any errors. Not to mention he's only 28 so got plenty in the tank. I've no doubt he'll be getting rave reviews down there this time next year. 

• Like 3

Latest rumour on the Hull FC merry-go-round is that Elliott Whitehead will be announced soon. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Obviously he's getting on a bit now, but he's still a great leader and competitor and would only be good for the dressing room, even if it was just for a season.

4 hours ago, MZH said:

Latest rumour on the Hull FC merry-go-round is that Elliott Whitehead will be announced soon. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Obviously he's getting on a bit now, but he's still a great leader and competitor and would only be good for the dressing room, even if it was just for a season.

With Bateman on the market, would be amazing to pair them up again! 

Definitely asking for too much 🤣

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

With Bateman on the market, would be amazing to pair them up again! 

Definitely asking for too much 🤣

Tbf, I don't think I would want that much cap space tied up in the backrow anyway. Throw in Asiata and you would have 3 guys there all over 30 and on big money. Probably not the best use of cap. I'd be happy with either Whitehead or Bateman, but both would be overkill. 

15 hours ago, MZH said:

Tbf, I don't think I would want that much cap space tied up in the backrow anyway. Throw in Asiata and you would have 3 guys there all over 30 and on big money. Probably not the best use of cap. I'd be happy with either Whitehead or Bateman, but both would be overkill. 

If they were all marquees then it wouldn’t be using that much cap space. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobbruce said:

If they were all marquees then it wouldn’t be using that much cap space. 

Well you're either using cap space or marquee spots. Either way you don't want to use it all up on one position when we are also lacking badly elsewhere.

30 minutes ago, MZH said:

Well you're either using cap space or marquee spots. Either way you don't want to use it all up on one position when we are also lacking badly elsewhere.

I will put you on the spot MZH if you don't mind, how many positions/shirt numbers from the present team in your opinion do you think needs changing.

For what its worth in the back row position you are talking about,  it looks like  Leigh have lost their best pairing in my opinion in O'Donnell and Holmes and you have got Ollie Holmes, after seeing him perform for Warrington I was not to happy with his signing but under Mr Lam he has been very very good, he may not be as big a name as the other two but at this stage of the careers of all 3 Holmes will not let you down, and again in my opinion you do not need both the other two.

28 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Esan Marsters to Salford, quite a coup for the red devils it has to be said.

If they could keep Lafia so they play together that would be the best centre pairing in the comp. If it’s to replace Lafia that just keeps parity for them for me. 

• Like 2