Sat 15th Jun: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leigh Leopards KO 17:30 (UK time) (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/24 at 17:00

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Sat 15th Jun: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leigh Leopards KO 17:30 (UK time) (Sky/SuperLeague+)

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

I've gone for an away win. I don't think the home side have firing on all cylinders for the last few rounds.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Leigh very unlucky to lose both games in France last season, hopefully this is third time lucky,  I would have been much more confident if Robbie Mulhearn was fit and playing, and wondering what Mr Lam is considering doing with the returning O'Brien, for mine Moylan stays at the back and if Macnamara is fit which I don't know then interchange him and O'Brien, surely O'Brien must have been training for No6 by Mr Lam with this in mind, Moylans influence on the team and his own contribution should ensure he stays at No1.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh very unlucky to lose both games in France last season, hopefully this is third time lucky,  I would have been much more confident if Robbie Mulhearn was fit and playing, and wondering what Mr Lam is considering doing with the returning O'Brien, for mine Moylan stays at the back and if Macnamara is fit which I don't know then interchange him and O'Brien, surely O'Brien must have been training for No6 by Mr Lam with this in mind, Moylans influence on the team and his own contribution should ensure he stays at No1.

Moylan is yer man this year for me. He's a real quality player. The 25,000 Leigh fans travelling over will surely be the difference to winning or losing! 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Macintosh to 6 in defence

4 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Macintosh to 6 in defence

Sooner or later Moylan is going to have to stay at 6 in both attack and defence, especially with Armstrong potentially coming in next year. 

16 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Sooner or later Moylan is going to have to stay at 6 in both attack and defence, especially with Armstrong potentially coming in next year. 

That's next year Rob, play to our strengths with what we have now and that is undoubtedly Matt Moylan at full back, there is a very obvious connection that going into this round of games he is joint top of the Man of Steel table.

Every time I watch Catalans i see their fullback being nothing more than a hindrance to their attack. He continually takes the wrong options and runs it into the man far too much. He doesn’t appear to join the line to create and space of overlaps in attack. 

Catalans haven’t been too bad but their pivots have alot to answer for and the edges are under utilised. 

17 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Not a very high quality game so far. Too many errors.

Yet another dropped ball from Catalans pivots. Their passing in the middle between halfbacks and pivots is truly shocking. 

Proved again there. Morgue had a 3 on 1 on the left and Johnstone waiting for a pass to run clear and he just runs into Hardaker while his centre/winger twiddle their thumbs. 

Edited by Trojan Horse

Back to Catalans Dragons of old. Just not the same since Tomkins retired. Lacking on-field leadership. Leigh deservedly ahead.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Cats just not the same since Tomkins retired. Lacking on-field leadership. Leigh deservedly ahead.

Their passing and ball control is absolutely shocking. Especially in the middle of the pitch. 

53 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Every time I watch Catalans i see their fullback being nothing more than a hindrance to their attack. He continually takes the wrong options and runs it into the man far too much. He doesn’t appear to join the line to create and space of overlaps in attack. 

Catalans haven’t been too bad but their pivots have alot to answer for and the edges are under utilised. 

Stefan ratchford has made a career out of playing exactly like that!