Rangi Chase leaves Leigh

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chase me chase me

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Whether this is true or not, it is really sad to see what has become of his career. There are not many players in SL who try and do the things he does - we need to see entertaining players like him, Sandow, Tomkins etc. over the model pro's - they are the ones that can help us to sell the game and bring the crowds in.

Shame.

Whether this is true or not, it is really sad to see what has become of his career. There are not many players in SL who try and do the things he does - we need to see entertaining players like him, Sandow, Tomkins etc. over the model pro's - they are the ones that can help us to sell the game and bring the crowds in.

Shame.

Indeed - in terms of RL going viral and getting exposure in the wider sporting world, few things have rivalled that Josh Griffin try he made. Stunning.

Let's watch it again!

He's welcome at Odsal.

Ooooh! Be careful what you wish for.

When he was 'on form', he was worth the entrance fee on his own. That was only rarely the case, though.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

He's welcome at Odsal.

No he isn't Mick.

There's a reason why a fabulous player like him isn't playing in the NRL, isn't playing in SL and now isn't playing in the Championship.  Leigh were mad to sign him and so would we be*.  Besides which we need a 7 not a 6.  Do you really want that level of disruption in the squad?  Do you really want someone who behaves like he does around our superb young players?  Do you potentially want to see someone wearing our shirt deliver a sickening career threating injury to a fellow professional?

*I do have a caveat.  One of my very favourite players for Bradford (Northern) was Dave Watson.  Dave was a very troubled soul, and was finally kicked out of Fax for his recreational activities.  Sir Peter Fox gave him one last chance at Odsal, and on signing Watson said he was so grateful that he'd give us the best two years of his career.  For me he delivered that and was a wonderful player in that time, truly magical  to watch.  Trouble is we aint got the great man in charge these days and we weren't then trying to build the culture that we are today.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Just hope he is not just left out to dry and that he gets help for his Problems. The guy needs help and I just hope he takes that help and uses it to control his Problems. His issues will never go away and he needs to somehow learn to get some control over his head and know how to deal with it and where to go for help. If he cant get some control over it, then I fear for his life..Dave Watson was a similar Charactor, who had Problems away from the game. Them Problems never went away and all honesty was often hushed up at the various Clubs he was at. It is somebody you avoided at times, due to where he was and you wasnt sure how he would react. Very sad and maybe something that is still a taboo theme, despite the Major steps Forward made in Society recently.

No he isn't Mick.

There's a reason why a fabulous player like him isn't playing in the NRL, isn't playing in SL and now isn't playing in the Championship. Leigh were mad to sign him and so would we be*. Besides which we need a 7 not a 6. Do you really want that level of disruption in the squad? Do you really want someone who behaves like he does around our superb young players? Do you potentially want to see someone wearing our shirt deliver a sickening career threating injury to a fellow professional?

Agreed. More trouble than he's worth. If true he needs a lot of help off the pitch.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

He's welcome at Odsal.

To lose one half-back may be regarded as a misfortune...to lose both etc.

If it is correct that Chase has parted with Leigh it may be interesting as Rohan Smith has been at Titans with Terry Matterson,who brought him over to Castleford.

I'm sure Mr Beaumont stated Rangi was happy at Leigh,though.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Its the same position these days.

Sorry but I can't agree with that.  For sure you'd like both your halves to run and kick, but it's rare you get it.  The best teams will have both dominant kicker and a runner at half.  At Odsal we've got Gaskell, and as good a player as he is he isn't a 7 in a million years.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

As a Leigh sufferer,I for one couldnt care less if he's gone,it means young Ben reynolds can come back in and hopefully carry on the good work he has been putting in without any of the prima donna style that chase seems prone to acting out.

Indeed - in terms of RL going viral and getting exposure in the wider sporting world, few things have rivalled that Josh Griffin try he made. Stunning.

Let's watch it again!

For those of you with goldfish memories

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Rangi was a gamble Derek was prepared to take, he has backed and supported him beyond the call of duty. Rangi has sheet on him IMO and the decision to say enough is enough now was the right one, what a waste of talent and I hope he finds the help he needs

The Leigh club have not announced anything regarding Rangi Chase.

The followers of Leigh doubted the same journalist who broke the news regarding Brierley but they seem to be certain Chase has parted company with Leigh Centurions.

Is this going to be a morals story,again...

There doesn't seem to be much care and understanding going on here...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived