Liam Watts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not privvy to what goes on in the Hull dressing room. Watts is an outstanding player, and I arent overly concerned about his disciplinary records, but if teammates arent happy with him and if Radford has fallen out with him then it may be for the best if he moves on. 

That said, I'll believe it if and when its official.

“Sources have told the Mail Hull have become increasingly frustrated with Watts’ on and off-field behaviour which includes the prop being sent off four times in the last year.”

Well, there’s the answer...   Powell seems happy to take on these players and see if he can turn them around.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

The thing is this cant be about his on the field discipline IMHO. The last sending off was crazy but a couple of have of previous incidents have left Radford scratching his head about the sending off. I think either he is acting a clown (again) off the field (which surprises me a little as I got the impression he had "grown up" a bit) or didn't take well to a chat with Radford after this sending off. Either way will back the club on this one - cant have have been taken lightly at all.

Not sure about this to be honest. He's a good player, but he's been sent off 4 times in a year. That's a ridiculous number of red cards. Great signing if we can keep him on the field.

Still, Hardaker will have opened up a bit of cap space, so maybe it doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, Jarv said:

The thing is this cant be about his on the field discipline IMHO. The last sending off was crazy but a couple of have of previous incidents have left Radford scratching his head about the sending off. I think either he is acting a clown (again) off the field (which surprises me a little as I got the impression he had "grown up" a bit) or didn't take well to a chat with Radford after this sending off. Either way will back the club on this one - cant have have been taken lightly at all.

His sending offs are a non-issue imo. 4 reds in a year is pretty ridiculous, but his latest one aside he isnt going around picking fights and doing crazy things. All 3 of last years reds were debatable. So there must be more to it.

As I said earlier I arent privvy to what goes on in the internals of the club. You have to trust Radders that he is doing the right thing for the club as a whole. All I know is that he is a very good player. 

On the plus side it means more game time for Matongo who I am certain will become a star.

16 minutes ago, MZH said:

His sending offs are a non-issue imo. 4 reds in a year is pretty ridiculous, but his latest one aside he isnt going around picking fights and doing crazy things. All 3 of last years reds were debatable. So there must be more to it.

As I said earlier I arent privvy to what goes on in the internals of the club. You have to trust Radders that he is doing the right thing for the club as a whole. All I know is that he is a very good player. 

On the plus side it means more game time for Matongo who I am certain will become a star.

4 red cards in a year none of which were found to be not guilty shows that there is  an on field issue. How many other players managed that many in the same time period?

Not sure what has surprised me the most, Watts leaving or Cas being the apparent destination. Also I'm curious about the "off field" reference, is there a story about to break?

I would have thought with Cas still smarting over Hardaker's misdemeanours, Watts is hardly a player to help clean up club discipline. Still, if they get him sorted he's one hell of a signing.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

33 minutes ago, LeeF said:

4 red cards in a year none of which were found to be not guilty shows that there is  an on field issue. How many other players managed that many in the same time period?

But there are similar (and in many cases worse) cases of each of them regualarly that dont see a card. The last one was the exception, and indefensible. The one at Catalans was really reckless. Again, no arguements, but you see worse. The one on Luke Gale was really soft. He caught him sure, but Gale slipped into it. The elbow on McIllorum wasnt even worth a penalty.

Anyway. As I said I doubt the red cards were the issue. Seems his off field behaviour was the real problem and perhaps his headbutt just tested Radfords patience one time too many.

Whoever Watts signs for, it should be a fairly lively affair when they next play Hull FC if he's available.

Jake Connor will already be rehearsing his lines.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Surprised that CAS will risk internal discipline,particularly as Watts lives in the region . The sending off sums up his personal problems. Watch him star at Cas for a short while then go off the rails. 

Hull are well rid as were Rovers. Interesting with James Green in the club(house).

Really didn't see that one coming but I'm sure the decision has been made in the best interests of the club as a whole.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

Rumour in Cas  he as Signed a 3 year deal with the Tigers 

Had a fall out with Radford

Not surprised about a falling out, nothing but empty space between his ears.

never gonna be a professional  like peacock or james graham- will see out his time at cas with average stints between bans and controversy

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived