Match Thread: Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers (Challenge Cup) Sunday 14th April 2019

On 11/04/2019 at 11:01, The Phantom Horseman said:

Reynolds won't be available this weekend though will he?
Some of us still wake up in cold sweats thinking of the days when John Bastian preferred Bussey at 6 to Andy Kain, but right now in our current situation it might not be the daftest idea.

Looks like Carr has been reading the forum. ???

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, coolie said:

Shocking defeat

My old grandma used to say

"Young Coolie if you've nothing nice to say,don't say nothing at all"

So I'll shut up ???????

We blew an 18 point lead in last ten.

Unacceptable.... i agree 100%.... a shocking defeat considering.

I expected nowt from today but feel proper deflated now.

Does Carr become under pressure if we don’t win over Easter? I know pre season was a disaster and we were late in putting a team together I just feel on paper we have had some good teams on the field but haven’t been getting enough wins. Will the style of rugby be entertaining Campbell. Remember his criticism of Sharp. 

Threw the game away! absolutely mullered them for 65 mins!

All round descision making in that spell was terrible

The coaches descision making in that last 15 mins im afraid have to be questioned. The substitutions stank of a coach thinking the game was done

Fev were much the better team. I don't think the coach can be blamed, it's a strange thing is momentum. Nobody plans for it. It was completely astounding and many had already walked out of the ground. Other than the result I don't think either team would have much to crow about. 

Minichella blocking a drop goal at 26-8 who thought that would of been the difference. Shows the heart of the bulls team more than anything else. There is a lot off bradford lads (Bradford fans) in the team that total different mentality. 

26-8 fev fans singing can you play us every week. 18 up with 9 minutes left should see any game out the lilley try we turned to fev fans and one said were nervous now a** is going. 

Once went to golden point we had all the momentum we'd just scored 18 points in 9 minutes. Then for lilley too knock on I thought that's the game boa was set twice luckily for bulls went for bussey both times. What a drop goal at the end even though best team lost that's a massive comeback and great memory for me has a bulls fan. See you at fev hopefully it's another 1 point bulls win ?

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I thought it could go either way before the game so to be 18 points up was beyond my expectations.When Bulls scored the first of their three late tries we needed a leader on the field to pull the lads together and say thats it play as if we are level and the next points are the winner.Stop the momentum and just play out our sets and run the clock down with 12 points still in the bag.Talk of sacking the coach is stupid, he is young and learning about the Championship week by week and despite the results the Rugby is better than under Sharp with players arguably not as good.

We did not kick on the 5th for touch today in an attempt to force a scrum - not once

mind you i never thought i would see the day big old Bradford celebrate a 1 pt win over little old fev like the bulls lot did today - whooping, hollering and middle aged men hugging one another - i think they thought they had won the cup 

20 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

We did not kick on the 5th for touch today in an attempt to force a scrum - not once

mind you i never thought i would see the day big old Bradford celebrate a 1 pt win over little old fev like the bulls lot did today - whooping, hollering and middle aged men hugging one another - i think they thought they had won the cup 

Big old Bradford that newly promoted side from league one? 18 down with 9 minutes game looked over so yeah emotions was high for that comeback we played very poor against a fev side that played well for 71 minutes. 

I agree with you not kicking for touch getting breaths back turning bradford round slowing clock down. Has I said before boas was set twice when it was golden point and they passed to bussey both times to take the one. 

39 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

"Big old Bradford" 

You are Rip Van Winkle and I claim my five shillings. 

It's little new Bradford now. 

11 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Big old Bradford that newly promoted side from league one? 18 down with 9 minutes game looked over so yeah emotions was high for that comeback we played very poor against a fev side that played well for 71 minutes. 

I agree with you not kicking for touch getting breaths back turning bradford round slowing clock down. Has I said before boas was set twice when it was golden point and they passed to bussey both times to take the one. 

After Boas' attempt in normal time where he wanted 4 to 5 working days to compose himself, pick his spot, have a cup of tea and then take the kick I'm not surprised.

Bussey should have nailed the second attempt but I thought for the rest of the game he was the best player on the field. Worrying that a bloke we've brought half way round the world to play scrum half was completely out played by someone who has been playing prop for the last few years

17 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Sat in the Mash and Barrel at Primrose Valley, with a pint of Doom Bar in front of me and saw we were 26-8 up, so I began celebrating. Surely even Fev couldn't lose from there, wrong again!.  What a disappointment.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

5 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

After Boas' attempt in normal time where he wanted 4 to 5 working days to compose himself, pick his spot, have a cup of tea and then take the kick I'm not surprised.

Bussey should have nailed the second attempt but I thought for the rest of the game he was the best player on the field. Worrying that a bloke we've brought half way round the world to play scrum half was completely out played by someone who has been playing prop for the last few years

Bussey did play very well yesterday your all team did till the last 9 minutes we flicked a switch, for whatever reason your lot did not have a clue what to do.

Think it's been mentioned when you needed a leader to take charge and get a grip there wasn't one.

plus side for you guys you now don't have a extra cup game was no points dropped. Worrying sign was you couldn't close out a 18 point lead game.

Michael Bates, who was the man Bradford flew half way round the world to play #### half.As far as I am aware Bradford only have three overseas players, a winger or centre Hitchcox,a centre Webster both all the way from Castleford,Chisholm a half back. Neither Hitchcox or Chisholm have played for weeks,neither played Sunday.The two half backs were Milnes from Bradford and of course Lilley all the way from Stanningley and the last time I looked that was in the Leeds area.Maybe you class that as the other side of the world.

Archived