Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

A good 6 inches here south of Kendal.

Manchester airport temporarily closed to clear runways as well. We are flying from there early Tuesday am for some winter sun. Hope theres a lot of snow clearance going on.

Littleborough (on the edge of the hills t'other side of Rochdale) is like bleedin' Ice Station Zebra There's four or five inches of the white stuff and our council hasn't gritted a single road. It took 90 mins to get to work today (Salford Quays) - mostly sideways.

Here, it's just ice - girding myself for a lovely drive to Stockport later.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Littleborough (on the edge of the hills t'other side of Rochdale) is like bleedin' Ice Station Zebra There's four or five inches of the white stuff and our council hasn't gritted a single road. It took 90 mins to get to work today (Salford Quays) - mostly sideways.

Had to drive the wife to work this morning because she was not comfortable driving on the roads round here. Some fairly major routes have not been gritted even once since the snow started, one road that sees a lot of bus traffic and is on a decent ratio hill has not been gritted. I thought it was maybe me just not seeing the grit but I had a walk and there's not a single bit of grit in the snow at the side of the road.

I know it's a very rare winter that we'll get disruption like this but this is absolutely pathetic.

The birds round this way are a bunch of cheeky beggars... I had one blackbird chirping away at me because I was a bit late in defrosting and restocking the bird bath with water. Since then, there have been a few fights among the birds for control of the bird bath. At least the cat's happy, he's sitting watching the birds from the spare room window but is just too much of a wuss to go outside in the snow.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I thought it was maybe me just not seeing the grit but I had a walk and there's not a single bit of grit in the snow at the side of the road.

That's true here as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Has anyone complained to their local authority about lack of gritting? Make your feelings known!

Oh believe me, they know :dry:

I was listening to the local radio while driving as the Christmas staff are on and haven't a clue how to work the RDS Traffic Announcement feature and I wanted to listen for the traffic updates. There was a right ranting session going on from businesses in one decent sized village who had not had one gritter through their village all weekend despite the main road being a B classified road.

Going by the reply from the council, it seems they're guilty of short-termism in thinking that we've not had a bad winter for about 6 years now so there's no need to bother planning for another one.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Whitworth was gritted and its only round the corner.

Saw a few flashes of lightning yesterday, which I've never seen in the snow before.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

absolutely bucketing down here in Basingstoke - has been for 2 hours and it's carnage - cars stuck in the car park for over an hour!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Had it heavy in Holland on saturday and sunday.....eased off today but more snow expected this evening.

120 cm (5 inches) deep and with a temperature down to -1 and forcast -5 overnight its playing havoc with the transport and the roads.

Im a wee bit worried because our less is due to give birth any time now and we could have trouble getting to the hospital.

I have asked her to try and hold on for a few more days :O

12460_236803611321_601776321_4137702_5011335_n.jpg

My mate on Chineham Park in Basingstoke says he can hardly see his car, Crockford Lane is choc a bloc , and the courier has just said the ring road is just as bad. Looks like a night in the office!!! :O

Edited by JohnM

I thought you had some, but all your (southern) selfish neigbours nicked it for their own driveways?

We had a grit bin that the halfwits nicked for their own parking spaces.

But the main roads haven't been gritted at all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

My mate on Chineham Park in Basingstoke says he can hardly see his car, Crockford Lane is choc a bloc , and the courier has just said the ring road is just as bad. Looks like a night in the office!!! :O

Find your way to Hook (Hampshire).

There'll be a warm welcome there.

Exactly where I am!!!!

Left at 14:30 - back in the office at 15:00 and the car I was behind has made about 40 yds progress!!!

2 pints please love

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Find your way to Hook (Hampshire).

There'll be a warm welcome there.

VERY warm - my Mrs is at home and doesn't understand the concept of puting a jumper on. :angry::angry:

she sounds FUN!!! :)

....oh, I see what you mean :(

:lol:

Excellent!