The TV Thread

Good documentary on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Footage the last UK Sex Pistols gig in Huddersfield (a benefit for striking fireman's kids incidentally). Unseen footage and all that. Think it's a Julian Temple job.

Ta for that one cock, very enjoyable

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Enjoyed Idris Elba - King of Speed last night.  Crazy Finnish rally drivers.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Good documentary on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Footage the last UK Sex Pistols gig in Huddersfield (a benefit for striking fireman's kids incidentally). Unseen footage and all that. Think it's a Julian Temple job.

Most enjoyable thing I've seen on TV over the festive period so far. Would probably have missed it too, had I not read your post.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Guy Martin and Speed.

Great programme on Channel 4.

Very likeable chap.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

So no one thought Dr.Who was uttter bile.

Not utter bile, no.

It was a bit underwhelming though, even as a fan of the show I would concede that. It was weighed down by too much exposition for the casual viewer, I'd imagine, especially those watching on Christmas Day itself who would themselves be weighed down by too much food and drink by then. Still, it tied up a lot of loose ends and contrived a way to allow the lead character to keep changing appearance for at least another 50 years, so plenty to like from my perspective. ;)

For some reason, I gave up on drama years ago. However I've recently become interested again. I've watched Homeland since the start of the second season - totally missed the first. That last episode was a bit of a surprise.

I prefer American drama to most of the ###### that we serve up.

Edited by Grollo

What you are aware of you are in control of; what you are not aware of is in control of you.

Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe was good.

It's summarised here, but it's funnier to watch than read about.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/30/2013-horrorshow-bake-off-selfies-charlie-brooker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhDq5mgkx4

It would appear there's a new Vic and Bob sitcom that's going to hit the airwaves in the New Year. The trailer suggests it's an absolutely pathetic attempt at turning the clock back to their comedy of years gone by. Sadly, it wasn't funny the first time!

I think it gets weaker each year and the 'live' pretence is getting a little tiresome!

Normally, I'd agree, it's been dire for years but last night's was very enjoyable. Maybe it's me getting older ;)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I think it gets weaker each year and the 'live' pretence is getting a little tiresome!

It's still the best NYE show by a long, long way. I'm old enough to remember the likes of Andy Stewart's hogmanay. Oh dear, oh dear now that was dross.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

It would appear there's a new Vic and Bob sitcom that's going to hit the airwaves in the New Year. The trailer suggests it's an absolutely pathetic attempt at turning the clock back to their comedy of years gone by. Sadly, it wasn't funny the first time!

Like Red Dwarf and also Open All Hour's and Bird's of The Feather.

Let's hope they keep Blackadder in the vault's.

dear god you have no sense of humour.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

PQ17 An Arctic Convoy Disaster on BBC2 at 9 should make for interesting viewing.

You were not wrong. Very good work from Clarkson and the BBC.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You were not wrong. Very good work from Clarkson and the BBC.

Clarkson did well

It was historically important to hear the voices of survivors who have subsequently died

Clarkson had to simplify the telling of the story and omit a lot of stuff but still gave an excellent account.

He is good at this sort of thing

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

It is compulsory to find them funny has no one told you?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Zulu is on this afternoon on C4. Can't not watch Zulu at Christmas. ...its the law.

Ahem, it's not Christmas anymore. Some of us are back at work. :(

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On Christmas morning, I walked through the area where I grew up, including Varteg Cemetery, where my grandfather is buried. The chapel is now demolished and the graveyard is in an absolutely decrepit overgrown state. However, there was one brand new black marble grave with some poppy memorabilia on it. It was for Gunner Abraham Evans, who had fought at, and survived,  Rorkes Drift. I presume the new gravestone has been paid for by the local branch of the British Legion.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police