The TV Thread

Hmmm I share a lot of the critical views aired on this series of GOT. I just dont think these two have the "thinking" skill of George RR and the twists, turns and character complexities have been replaced by huge action scenes. Very unsatisfactory! However, salvation is at hand! S*d GOT, here comes the daddy of them all after a long long wait...........

10 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

In the final GofT episode, the warring factions will all meet on The Jeremy Kyle Show to discuss their differences. 

Oh no they won't...

The Jeremy Kyle Show axed by ITV after death of guest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48279613

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Love Island next.

Which is why ITV are worried. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I watched episode two of Chernobyl tonight, followed by episode one of Years and Years.

Now I cant sleep. 

Both excellent programmes, but don’t watch them too late or you’ll have nightmares...

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Paul Sinha is proving on Taskmaster that the saying "High intelligence low common sense" is true although completely forgetting the rules of one task straight after reading them was good.

Really enjoying the panel this year after 2 episodes.

39 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Really enjoying the panel this year after 2 episodes.

Because all of the line up was a surprise (to me at least) and it isn't following the mainly stand-up comics personnel I had to make myself give them a chance and it's just as good as usual.

16 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Because all of the line up was a surprise (to me at least) and it isn't following the mainly stand-up comics personnel I had to make myself give them a chance and it's just as good as usual.

It is one of the good things I find with taskmaster, well known comedians aren't necessarily the best at this. Tim Vine was terrible and not funny tbh, whereas I've ended up rooting for non-comedians a fair bit. It's a good mix this time.

That said, Bob Mortimer was excellent!

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

It is one of the good things I find with taskmaster, well known comedians aren't necessarily the best at this. Tim Vine was terrible and not funny tbh, whereas I've ended up rooting for non-comedians a fair bit. It's a good mix this time.

I was Team Acaster last series.

The series before I thought Liza Tarbuck was a revelation.

It's something I've watched and enjoyed and looked forward to since the beginning.

You can predict now who will end up on the show because they must share agents, it's the Mock the Week crew, and other series like the new Hypothetical, etc. I had heard a name (1 half of a previous contestant double act) and I think that was in November for the next series.

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

I loved Sally Phillips from Bob Mortimer's series. She was a fantastic contestant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I loved Sally Phillips from Bob Mortimer's series. She was a fantastic contestant.

Yes, she was a favourite of ours too. There was only one series which was weak - I think it was the one with Tim Vine and in many challenges all 5 contestants just did the same logical thing, which doesn't make for great viewing. This year so far the challenges have been good in offering plenty of freedom for creativity.

It's a great show though.

The plot for the final episode of GOT has leaked online. If it's really the actual plot..it's horrendous.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

23 hours ago, jacksy said:

The plot for the final episode of GOT has leaked online. If it's really the actual plot..it's horrendous.

If anyone dares share it on here before Monday night... DRACARYS! ? ?

• Haha 3

On 15/05/2019 at 21:29, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

'The Wire'

4 episodes in and the wife I not getting it..... Does it change/get better?.... Seems dated

Stick with it - it takes a while to get going (and to understand some of the language)  but once it does it is excellent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

If anyone dares share it on here before Monday night... DRACARYS! ? ?

Turns out it’s all been a kid in his bedroom playing a computer game. 

The Looming Tower has been very good.

Although its depiction of a Manchester Street was one of the worst I've ever seen.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Nearly time for the internet to break.  #GoT

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Nearly time for the internet to break.  #GoT

Happy to report, I was pretty happy with that ending. After being so critical of this series I'm glad it finished in a way I was cool with.

• Like 1