The TV Thread

2 hours ago, Stirlin said:

I want one of those headsets.

I'll give that a miss, I don't want my head chopped off by a sword wielding woman, just because I've got the wrong log-in credentials🤣

Edited by Sidi Fidi Gold
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether this has been posted.

Talk TV is coming off the telly this summer. Continuing on the Internet.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

25 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I listen to Howard Hughes Unexplained and it’s only on the wireless and tinternet anyway . If Nessie and Bigfoot are ever found I’ll be among the first to know 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Just like GBeebies, then. Not an original idea between them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Big Mood (Channel 4, comedy)

Tackles bipolar mood disorder head on with plenty of adult themes.

Well written comedy that might divide the audience a bit.

For me though it rings true and it’s less cartoony than I was expecting.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

The word is out that Blind Date will return with Claudia Winkleman.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The original made great telly when they reviewed the previous week’s date and the couple really didn’t get on.

Obviously by today’s standards it would appear tame.

But a bit of conflict tends to make for good drama.

Well   ,  I  stuck with Passenger until the last episode , despite it doing my head in , and guess what ?  It Didn`t end obviously back for a 2nd series , thanks very much but couldn`t watch any more .

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

You'd have to be blind to date her.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Blue Lights returns for a second series on Monday, first series was pretty good so hopefully it'll be a decent watch.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Really struggling to find something to watch at the mo. So started my three favourite sitcoms. Only fools. Cheers and Blackadder. 

• Like 1

Shogun has been great so far.

• Like 4

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

A few days ago I picked up the dvd boxset of The Pillars of the Earth in a charity shop and finally got round to starting it today. I watched it when it was first aired but don't remember too much about it. Since then I have read the novel which immediately became my favourite book so thought I'd check the series out again and I have not been disappointed. Incredibly well acted and so gripping, I couldn't take my eyes off it. Two episodes in and unfortunately only six to go. I might have to read the novel again after I've watched it! 

Another TV show based on a game - Fallout.  It's very good.  The opening 3-4 minutes is something!

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 13/04/2024 at 03:08, Bedford Roughyed said:

Another TV show based on a game - Fallout.  It's very good.  The opening 3-4 minutes is something!

Seconded , for me the vintage music became a pain after a while but the visuals were very good , and no 'star' names cluttering the place practising their speech therapy.

Fallout TV show stars say show goes big on details - BBC News

• Like 1

For anyone that has not seen it or anyone that wishes to watch it again. The Singing Detective is on the BBC iplayer.

• Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Seconded , for me the vintage music became a pain after a while but the visuals were very good , and no 'star' names cluttering the place practising their speech therapy.

Fallout TV show stars say show goes big on details - BBC News

I'm four episodes in. Enjoying it but really won't need to see another US series hang its hat on subverting 1950s wholesome Americana.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 13/04/2024 at 03:08, Bedford Roughyed said:

Yes I'm enjoying it and also binged on the 3 Body Problem and can't wait for the next one.

Give up on Stephen Knights This Town on BBC as find the acting and actors dull and with no charisma and the tiny inaccuracies with Skinhead girl nose piercing and the Zulu Casuals mixing in a pub with Skinheads and Rude Boys in 1981 might of happened but i'm sure the Tacchini look didn't happen till a year or 2 later despite John McEnroe winning Wimbledon in 1981.

5 hours ago, EggFace said:

Yes I'm enjoying it and also binged on the 3 Body Problem and can't wait for the next one.

Give up on Stephen Knights This Town on BBC as find the acting and actors dull and with no charisma and the tiny inaccuracies with Skinhead girl nose piercing and the Zulu Casuals mixing in a pub with Skinheads and Rude Boys in 1981 might of happened but i'm sure the Tacchini look didn't happen till a year or 2 later despite John McEnroe winning Wimbledon in 1981.

3 Body Problem was great but unfortunately, at this time, there's no guarantee that they'll be another series, apparently it has had mixed reviews and at this moment in time, hasn't done as well as expected, which is strange really because everyone who I've talked to about really enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

3 Body Problem was great but unfortunately, at this time, there's no guarantee that they'll be another series, apparently it has had mixed reviews and at this moment in time, hasn't done as well as expected, which is strange really because everyone who I've talked to about really enjoyed it.

Ohh what a shame ...reminds me of the excellent The Living and The Dead which was out on BBC back in 2016 and the stupid BBC  didn't give it a 2nd chance :9