20 Feb: WCS: Warrington Wolves v St George Illawarra Dragons KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • St George Illawarra Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • St George Illawarra Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • St George Illawarra Dragons by 13 points or more

You are being negative. I am looking forward to the games.

Agreed - haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Why people would look for the negative spin instead of the positive one genuinely amazes me. Would I rather Warrington beat St George or beat Catalans next week? St George 100%. This a chance for the clubs to play on a bigger stage with an interest that spans beyond the geographic boundaries of the town itself. I think it's small minded and parochial in the extreme to think otherwise.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Why people would look for the negative spin instead of the positive one genuinely amazes me. Would I rather Warrington beat St George or beat Catalans next week? St George 100%. This a chance for the clubs to play on a bigger stage with an interest that spans beyond the geographic boundaries of the town itself. I think it's small minded and parochial in the extreme to think otherwise.

Absolutely spot on. If this series is a success, then we'll be looking at the top 3 of here and Aus playing each year. That means more exposure, more interest and more sponsorship. This has some real potential and I can't wait for tomorrow.

Rugby League is the most exciting sport in the world

What players put their bodies through everytime they take the field in un-natural

If that's not worth a few quid then nothing is.

Personally I hope the RFL take the initiative (obviously they won't because they are literally the worst governing body known to man) and never offer cheap tickets again for events.

Missing this game due to birthday celebrations in Brussels.

Gutted as it's going to be cracker of a weekend.

good luck to all, here's to a super league whitewash

On the pricing of tickets, I thought at the beginning it was a gamble from the Wire, however it looks like it's paid off. Well done to the club and a massive pat on the back to the faithful and loyal fans.

What a massive turnaround from the days of wilderspool

It's a glorified friendly - it is a bit steep.

No league points at stake, no trophy, no progression to a next round, I'm struggling to see the point of it TBH other than as a practice game against a side we wouldn't normally be playing.

I hope people enjoy the occasion and it's a good spectacle but I just can't muster up a great deal of interest and I'm just hoping we don't get any injuries ahead of the meaningful games to come.

its a test...

I.e.

RFL: 'lets expand the WCC'

NRL'no remember last time'

RFL 'that won't happen this time'

NRL 'prove it'

RFL ' set up a trial we'll pay expenses'

So therefore if what a lot of people want (an expanded WCC ) we need three W's for SL!!!!

Come on wolves,pies and saints!!!!

It also gives prizes to three spots of choice LLS, SL champs and CC winners?

Why we have to preach to the converted is one of the cancers of this great game!

yup. We play Catalan every year. Bog standard. We may never play a WCS game ever again. Dont take things for granted.

Missing this game due to birthday celebrations in Brussels.

Gutted as it's going to be cracker of a weekend.

good luck to all, here's to a super league whitewash

On the pricing of tickets, I thought at the beginning it was a gamble from the Wire, however it looks like it's paid off. Well done to the club and a massive pat on the back to the faithful and loyal fans.

What a massive turnaround from the days of wilderspool

no wonder you're so grouchy, Brugges is far better.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

yup. We play Catalan every year. Bog standard. We may never play a WCS game ever again. Dont take things for granted.

And if you do there is a fair chance it will be a different team.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

You are being negative. I am looking forward to the games.

Not a question of being negative. At the end of the day, the result of this game IS meaningless. The game at St Helens on Sunday is the only one that means anything. But each to their own, if you're looking forward to it then great, I'm pleased for you. Personally, I'm more looking forward to games that have league points at stake.

Again. each to their own. Personally, I'd rather lose 50-0 tomorrow if it would guarantee a win in Perpignan next week.

I can appreciate the novelty value of the game but personally I can't get excited about non-competitive fixtures. Obviously a lot of people are interested and that's fair enough. I'm not here to tell them they shouldn't be that's up to them - you pay your money and make your choice as the old saying goes.

Nothing to do with parochialism, just a matter of priorities and I'll prioritise a league or cup game over an exhibition match any day.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

Never mind all this meaningless talk about a RL game.

Can you smoke Ecigs anywhere in the ground?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Never mind all this meaningless talk about a RL game.

Can you smoke Ecigs anywhere in the ground?

Of course!! In a range of colours too. It is also VERY HEALTHY (compared to real cigs) so come on dooown with your super cool, lighty uppy, odour giving offy Accessory!!

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

The very best of luck to Warrington tonight.

I feel that the Dragons have been a little underestimated on here, there's plenty of talent throughout their team and this should be an intriguing matchup. Therefore if the Wolves pick up the win then I doubt it will be because their task is easy but rather because they're a very strong outfit. I believe that they will win and they have my support tonight.

Warrington 22 - 14 St. George Illawarra.

Well I'm excited for one- this is the biggest game of the year for me- the U9s warm up game pre-match Culcheth Eagles vs Latchford Albion that is, as my lad is in the team for the Eagles. Proud Dad :) (...and good luck to the other teams- U8 and U7 as well)

As for the big lads after, I think that the whole of Warrington have got behind this one and I'm looking forward to a good tough match. You can't underestimate the St George team at all so I'm not listening to the 'poor' comments. It will take time for the Wire to adjust to a non Super League style of play so first half will be close, but Tony Smith has the nous to get the best tactical set up for the second half. Wire by 8!

Over the weekend i will be a Wire for the day and a Saint for a day...

...then I will take a long shower. ;) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived