Joey Westerman

I was wondering how many games it will take before the Wire faithfull realise they've bought a "pup"?

I remember when he first signed for Hull being full of excitement at what he would bring to the club!

After 4 games I realised he brought nowt!

I remember giving him a gobfull at Wakefield (the dug out was a few metres away from my prefered Wakey stand point) at the lack of endeavour and agression in his performance (not exactly in those words, ahem!).

If the Wire fans are happy for a decent game out of every 4 or 5 then he'll go ok for them, but my honest opinion is they'll be agreeing with me after a few games....

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

We'll just have to wait and see, teams have signed plenty of players who come with bad raps from the fans of the other team.

Surprised this warranted a thread out of the blue though.

Yes, more than a hint of bitterness. I was never a fan of his when he was at Hull, and I don't know how he will go for us, but I don't remember him being awful for them. In fact I remember the odd game where he was the one Hull player who showed any spark among the donkeys beside him.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Yes, more than a hint of bitterness. I was never a fan of his when he was at Hull, and I don't know how he will go for us, but I don't remember him being awful for them. In fact I remember the odd game where he was the one Hull player who showed any spark among the donkeys beside him.

Against Leeds at the KFC last season,he couldn't catch a cold,he bombed at least two easy try scoring opportunities and seemed to drop almost every pass.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Against Leeds at the KFC last season,he couldn't catch a cold,he bombed at least two easy try scoring opportunities and seemed to drop almost every pass.

I saw Kallum Watkins have a game like that at the DW in November. It doesn't make him a bad player.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'm sure more eyes will be on Ryan Bailey and what Tony Smith can bring out of him

Very little unless a) he's got over his traveling issues. B. he can behave off the field and c) his heart is in it.

Judging by his time at Hull KR a) might be a problem and judging by his time at Cas B. and c) may also be.

Always thought Westerman's biggest issue is attitude, when he decides he wants to be a genuine professional rugby player he could become a very useful player. 

Personally i'm not sure he's got that desire.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

We'll just have to wait and see, teams have signed plenty of players who come with bad raps from the fans of the other team.

Surprised this warranted a thread out of the blue though.

I was bored!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

It's not bitterness, I can assure you!

I am more than chuffed we have got rid and saved ourselves a fair wad of cash too.

It's a genuine point that I have a feeling in a few weeks, Wire fans will jump to the same conclusion.

The kid has everything in his game to be very very good, however his attitude and concentration levels are nowhere near good enough - you'll be lucky to get 50% of what he is capable of out of him.

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

Consistency has always been Westermans problem. One week he can have an absolute blinder and the next be a total donkey. I dont know whether thats down to attitude / ego or down to ability, either way Warrington have to be prepared to expect they'll likely only get 1 outstanding game a month out of him and just hope that that 1 good game is one of the crucial ones.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I guess we'll all have to sit back, wait and see.

I can certainly see where Roy's coming from but also feel that Westerman's attitude and form can only improve with a new environment, coach and bunch of fresh team mates.

He will have been one of Hull's higher earners so, given his form whilst at the club, I wasn't devastated when he signed for Wire.

I think there's a very good player in there somewhere but it seems no coach has yet found out where exactly it is, maybe Tony Smith can,

I'll certainly have a keen interest on how Wire go this season, if Westerman starts ripping it up and Lineham starts tackling people then that can only be good for my team as this will give Adam Pearson the strongest hint yet about Lee Radford's coaching ability.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I liked Westy and spent years defending him to fellow supporters but after the Leeds game I had to agree with a lot of what they were saying. He virtually won us the game at Saints on his own and that is the frustrating thing about him he can be a match winner one week and then you might have to wait another month to see glimpses again. I wish him well at Wire there is a world class player in there somewhere.

I liked Westy and spent years defending him to fellow supporters but after the Leeds game I had to agree with a lot of what they were saying. He virtually won us the game at Saints on his own and that is the frustrating thing about him he can be a match winner one week and then you might have to wait another month to see glimpses again. I wish him well at Wire there is a world class player in there somewhere.

I also had westerman pencilled in the England team alongside the burgess brothers, roby, Tomkins, hall,and watkins

Only time will tell

Warrington clearly see something

I really can't see how anyone can pick Westerman out of the Hull side and point just him out as being inconsistent. Hull over the past 10 years have been dreadful. They have a knack of signing top players and getting very little out of them. There is something seriously wrong with the coaching/training/conditioning hierarchy at Hull and until that is sorted out the players will continue as they have done for years.

I really can't see how anyone can pick Westerman out of the Hull side and point just him out as being inconsistent. Hull over the past 10 years have been dreadful. They have a knack of signing top players and getting very little out of them..

I can having watched every game home and away!

Hull haven't done too badly bringing through young talent have they ?

Westerman just hasn't lived up to expectations - end of argument! If Smith gets the best out of him then you have an argument.

Although that still doesn't mean that the set up at Hull is bad, it is often the case that people respond differently to a different set up / coaching methods.

Time will tell - I can't wait

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

I think part of Westerman's "problem" is that, when he plays well, he makes it look easy, and so you constantly expect those levels from him. Whereas in fact he may just not be as good as he appears on his good days, despite all the hope invested in him. I am sure we all know players and people who fall into that category, for whatever reason, mental or physical.

I think part of Westerman's "problem" is that, when he plays well, he makes it look easy, and so you constantly expect those levels from him. Whereas in fact he may just not be as good as he appears on his good days, despite all the hope invested in him. I am sure we all know players and people who fall into that category, for whatever reason, mental or physical.

Good point 

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

Archived