Tell me about Leeds

If you had to move to Leeds, and wanted a a fairly short commute to the city centre (ish), Kirkstall Road.  

What areas would you look at to live?  

(I could go to the correct side of the pennines but don't fancy the M62 after a 12 hour shift)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you had to move to Leeds, and wanted a a fairly short commute to the city centre (ish), Kirkstall Road.  

(I could go to the correct side of the pennines but don't fancy the M62 after a 12 hour shift)

Anywhere that doesn't flood would be a start

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

The gated communities of Gipton, Beeston, Harehills and Meanwood are all a nice cycle ride from the city centre.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Live in Morley, get the train.  Or Bramley, or Pudsey.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Just outside via m621. Sunny Batley

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

commute from Skipton?

Possible.  50ish minute commute but I'd be trying to keep it down due to 12 hour shifts.

I have to get the job first too!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

That's Holmfirth.  Lived there 1993 - 1999. Leeds is a vibrant city, great pubs, etc  but suffers from two major problems.

1. Drivers think red lights mean go.

2. It in Yorkshire

Yes I know but to be honest all of Yorkshire remind me of what I imagine Nora Batty's drawers to smell like. With slight variations in the overtones of chip fat and gone off scone dough for the more densely populated areas.

Rawmarsh doesn't smell like that....

What you describe is moulinard compared to Rawmarsh

Sparsely populated is it. For some reason the fewer people the more eccentric the aroma. I once stayed in a Yorkshire farm B&B where the room smelt exactly like the cutlery drawer from my secondary school Home Ec classroom.

I had to move to Leeds once.

Then moved to Wakefield, finally I was transferred to Manchester.

Strangeways was much better than Armley or Wakefield

How did you get nabbed?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived