Do you agree with Kevin Brown?

I can't believe how "conceptually-challenged" some players are. Everybody wanted P&R back so how is the M£G any different from the bottom teams playing in the final round of the season, needing a win to stay up?

Brown added: “Those Wakey lads were 80 minutes off not getting paid and I do not think that is fair.

“The new structure in general is fantastic and you can have relegation, just not with that trap door, walk off the edge of a cliff aspect to it.

Brown never was the sharpest tool in the box, having players dictate how the game itself is run is just ludicrous. The clubs should have a voice in the games administration (via the club chairmen) then the correct vehicle for players to express their opinions is with their own club chairmen who can then raise their concerns with the RFL. If we try to run the game like some sort of cooperative we'll never get anything done.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Ah the now traditional doom and gloom from the inside on the eve of the new season - Where's George Riley when you need him

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Many People work in an unstable Job Situation. For example, temp workers or People on contract. Thats life for many People.I think Players sometimes Forget that many People are in a far worse Job Situation as them and on a lot less Money! I can understand a Players concern in some things. For example in Australia the short Turnaround games, where you have just 4 or 5 days to recover or the travel issue, i.e playing one week in Melbourne and the next week in Townsville or maybe a safety issue. But thats it for me. How the game is run has nothing to do with Players for me.

If players want to ensure they get paid, be better. 

Players have a say through a players union which in turn should work in partnership with the governing body.

The governing body should run the game. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

If we had a proper players rep body this sort of comment wouldn't matter

Where we don't have one anybody from Kev to Jamie to Broughy can mouth off and sell papers and that's OK but it wont change anything any time soon - lone voices with no constituency to support them

They should have a voice - otherwise its like saying I want a pay rise and the professional body I work for wont let me so i'll ask my employer or chairman to represent me - that's just plain daft, the money doesn't come from the RFL it comes from the chairman who is a part of the RFL structure - too much self interest

Drawing comparisons to normal work environments is wrong - but then if you look at the most productive countries\corporations\companies they always sponsor and ensure there is workforce representation

We haven't done that in the UK ever, even when Unions were strong they were never included as part of the corporate structure hence the confrontational nature of workforce relations in our society, and the company always winning over time

I thought League 13 might be a good idea, but that seems to have failed because it failed to address the issues the players thought were relevant - as you would if as a rep body those who should be listening treated you like an upstart child that just needed to be assuaged at every opportunity rather than actually listened to

So the likes of Browny et al will now always have a platform and polarise opinion, so be it there is no other way by the looks of it

Although it is interesting that a lot of players have gone for sports management courses and the likes of Peacock now have a very loud voice, as does Robbie Hunter Paul. No doubt there will be more in time, watch out for Sir Kev when he eventually retires and heads for a board position at Headingley!

“I do not think the players are consulted enough. I had very little correspondence about the new structure and some of us still did not know what was going on until the end.”

If a player didn't know till the end what the consequences could be either he is not receiving information from his club/coach or he is very slow on the uptake.

Too many head highs

Brown never was the sharpest tool in the box, having players dictate how the game itself is run is just ludicrous. 

Perhaps you're not as he's not suggesting players should dictate how the game is run.....he's saying that players should be consulted more and have some input into the decisions

He is asking for more consultation what's wrong with that , the players are the ones putting their bodies on the line .

And he does highlight what is wrong with our sport the policy makers do dictate and lack transparency , we know more than most at our level some of the stunts they pull on the community game beggars belief.

So has 1eagu3 gone by the wayside now ?

GMB Press release

http://www.gmb.org.uk/newsroom/statement-from-rugby-league-players-association

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

how many people on here have worked for companies who come up with their latest bright idea that everybody (apart from the person in front of you who wants to  implement  the idea) can see will never work ? i guess everyone . i do think players should be consulted in how the game is run , but they most definitely should be consulted on how the game is played . what rules they think need changed , what rules they would bring in, what rules aren t popular , etc.we all have our own opinion , but they are the ones playing the game , they are the ones in the best position to see what works and what doesn t .

how many people on here have worked for companies who come up with their latest bright idea that everybody (apart from the person in front of you who wants to  implement  the idea) can see will never work ? i guess everyone . i do think players should be consulted in how the game is run , but they most definitely should be consulted on how the game is played . what rules they think need changed , what rules they would bring in, what rules aren t popular , etc.we all have our own opinion , but they are the ones playing the game , they are the ones in the best position to see what works and what doesn t .

They already have a forum for raising the on-field issues including the rules via their coach. Club coaches meet with the Referee's officials on a regular basis to discuss how the officials are interpreting the rules and managing the players during games. So if players are unhappy with a particular rule then their coaches can raise it. If enough coaches raise it as an issue (ie. a majority) then it gets escalated within the RFL for a discussion on rule changes.

No need to have 300+ players all speaking out, it makes far more sense to just have the 12 coaches do it on their behalf. The fact Brown is speaking out suggests either Betts doesn't agree with him or isn't communicating with his players & the officials as he should.

They already have a forum for raising the on-field issues including the rules via their coach. Club coaches meet with the Referee's officials on a regular basis to discuss how the officials are interpreting the rules and managing the players during games. So if players are unhappy with a particular rule then their coaches can raise it. If enough coaches raise it as an issue (ie. a majority) then it gets escalated within the RFL for a discussion on rule changes.

No need to have 300+ players all speaking out, it makes far more sense to just have the 12 coaches do it on their behalf. The fact Brown is speaking out suggests either Betts doesn't agree with him or isn't communicating with his players & the officials as he should.

someone else who thinks RL begins and ends with SL.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

someone else who thinks RL begins and ends with SL.

SL is the driving force behind many decisions taken on the rules but Championship coaches also meet with the referee officials and get to raise issues just as much as SL coaches.

Can't people see that giving every player a voice like Brown wants will just cause mayhem. When you have 1000+ players how likely is it they'll ever reach a consensus. That's far more likely to happen when its just 30 odd coaches

I was in a staff retention workshop once where the company asked for ideas on how to reduce staff turnover. The usual recommendations were suggests, better pay, better benefits etc. The final outcome was wittled down to setting up a 5 a side football team.

Perhaps you're not as he's not suggesting players should dictate how the game is run.....he's saying that players should be consulted more and have some input into the decisions

well toppy is a saints fan, and they're not renowned for being bright sparks

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

SL is the driving force behind many decisions taken on the rules but Championship coaches also meet with the referee officials and get to raise issues just as much as SL coaches.

Can't people see that giving every player a voice like Brown wants will just cause mayhem. When you have 1000+ players how likely is it they'll ever reach a consensus. That's far more likely to happen when its just 30 odd coaches

I doubt he's suggesting 1000 players turn up and air their views. More likely there's at least some player representation within the decision making process. It's not an outlandish request, it's something Jon Wilkin (and Jamie Peacock) were championing before their "union" collapsed last year

Archived