39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • North Queensland Cowboys by 1 to 6 points
    • North Queensland Cowboys by 7 to 12 points
    • North Queensland Cowboys by 13 points or more

Discuss the World Club Series game Leeds Rhinos v North Queensland Cowboys here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Cowboys by 16 with a couple of late tries.

Leeds played well against Warrington last week and if they can defend like that game they will be in with a shout. Ignore yesterday though. That won't have any reflection on the weekend.

Also, the Cowboys played a QLD Cup team in a trial at the weekend and played their full team in the first half and got dominated at times. They are slow starters under green and might not click.

That's the only hope I can really give Leeds.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Not really a fair match up given the Champion Leeds side of last year has now lost So many of it's greats.

Then look at NQ and they haven't really lost anyone so it's very difficult to see this game being the even contest it should be. NQ to win comfortably (Really hope I'm wrong).

I don't expect the Cowboys to win this easily, but I'm backing them to win a tight contest. Think Leeds will rise to the occasion but fall just short. Should be a great battle with a lot of pride at stake. 

Cowboys by 16 I think it's to early in the season for Leeds. I'm sure they have a good enough squad but I don't think they believe that yet. As a team they just need to win a few tough games so they know they can do it without the players who've left.

Leeds will be hopeless in attack with no direction. If I can find somewhere to bet on them not scoring a point I'll be whacking a tenner on it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-league/world-club-challenge/leeds-v-north-queensland-cowboys/to-win-to-nil

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The Cowboys should win this but I just hope Leeds don't do what Saints did last year and, win or loose, give a good account of themselves. For me it's all about Thurston and I hope those going to the game are treated to something special.  

North Queensland and Salford, training at the A.J.Bell.

CbfaIkYW0AELcVd.jpg

CbfaeTcWAAAD908.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gutted. Didn't know about this, or I would have took my son.

I don't know how well it was publicised - I just found those photos on Twitter and that was the first I knew about it. I assume that if you're on Salford's emailing list or you follow the club's Twitter account, it would have been on there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't know how well it was publicised - I just found those photos on Twitter and that was the first I knew about it. I assume that if you're on Salford's emailing list or you follow the club's Twitter account, it would have been on there.

Social media is the way to go.  If you follow Salford on twitter or facebook then it would have been flagged up on your feed.  Pretty much all the news from Salford is put out that way.  I assume it is the most cost effective, is out there instantly and does not rely on anyone else to make it happen e.g. press announcement which rely on someone else giving it the oxygen of publicity.

Whenever these teams are over it is always worth keeping an eye on Salford's social media content.  A number of the teams locate centrally in Manchester and have trained at both the AJ Bell and the Willows (St George came to the willows the year the played Wigan).

Social media is the way to go.  If you follow Salford on twitter or facebook then it would have been flagged up on your feed.  Pretty much all the news from Salford is put out that way.  I assume it is the most cost effective, is out there instantly and does not rely on anyone else to make it happen e.g. press announcement which rely on someone else giving it the oxygen of publicity.

Whenever these teams are over it is always worth keeping an eye on Salford's social media content.  A number of the teams locate centrally in Manchester and have trained at both the AJ Bell and the Willows (St George came to the willows the year the played Wigan).

I'd assume most clubs have mastered the basic potential of Twitter. I am following London Broncos, and they are very busy online. Loads of updates, alerts etc.

The internet has been great for RL, as so little (good) news gets into the traditional media.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Should be looking forward to this and the other 2 games this weekend -but due to injuries etc and performances last weekend I am fearful of 3 heavy defeats.

Fears being realised so far ....and unless the Leeds Rhinos have an unbelievable game plan and implement it to perfection i foresee full realisation of your fear !

Wouldn't be surprised if the game became a bit niggly from Leeds in an effort to slow things down and put the Cowboys off their game.

Have made the early rise on the weekend both days only to see two one sided games.....not sure if want to be up at 5am (Qld) to watch a third thumping. Probably will though.   Hopefully Leeds can channel the battered and bruised 1988 GB Lions who won the third test in Sydney minus some big names. 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

No pressure Leeds, it's just the entire future of rugby league at stake (again)

The abject failure of Saints and Wigan have nothing to do with it then.

Leeds are going to lose. I just hope it's closer than Friday and last night's games.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

The abject failure of Saints and Wigan have nothing to do with it then.

Leeds are going to lose. I just hope it's closer than Friday and last night's games.

After that performance against Widnes, anything other than a big win for the Cowboys would be the sporting sensation of the weekend.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

After that performance against Widnes, anything other than a big win for the Cowboys would be the sporting sensation of the weekend.

I suspect their minds were on this week's game given the fact at least one player stated they hoped they wouldn't be injured for tonight's game.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Leeds have nothing to lose and have been written off already. Cowboys though are normally pretty slow starters in the NRL and with the conditions in Leeds at the moment may struggle at first. The first 20 minutes are vital for Leeds. If they give Thurston and Morgan space then they will be in trouble. If Leeds are quick in defence and slow the PTB down they have a small chance.  Leeds will struggle in attack, like Wigan and St.Helens have, especially with Mcguire out. I feel the Cowboys will still win by at least 22 points.

Archived