Richard Agar reappointed...

as France's coach.

We're going to be such a team in the World Cup. Everybody will be like "beware, this is France! Oh hell no it's an Agar coached team, they're not even close to win a game against USA".

Appaling decision. 

as France's coach.

We're going to be such a team in the World Cup. Everybody will be like "beware, this is France! Oh hell no it's an Agar coached team, they're not even close to win a game against USA".

Appaling decision. 

This guy seems to have some hypnotic powers over RL bosses - I don't see it myself.

I hope France bring in some expertise for the World Cup. Trent Robinson on consultancy for next year would be a good move.

Not good.

The best bet for France would be to bring in a top coach to dual coach Catalan and France. He would have the almost unique advantage of working with a big chunk of the France squad on a day to day basis.

Of course this comes a month after Guasch/Palanques said that Agar needed to walk.

Zalduendo is like "sod the whole pack of you off, I do want I want"

EDIT : I wonder how you can keep your job when you lose 84-4.

Eighty ###### four points. 

This guy seems to have some hypnotic powers over RL bosses - I don't see it myself.

I hope France bring in some expertise for the World Cup. Trent Robinson on consultancy for next year would be a good move.

Ive heard gossip but don't personally know if Agars bad or not. Robinson would be a good choice. Wonder why not Frayssinou?

Good news for Benjamin Jullien. Not sure if it is for anyone else.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Good news for Benjamin Jullien. Not sure if it is for anyone else.

Not even for Jullien. 

Jullien looks very strong and, I think, everybody would have selected him anyway because we're short of second rows but Agar will probably do a Agar a throw some players out of position.

I'm looking forward to see what crazy decision he's going to take as halves and with Bosc, Mounis, Elima and possibly Duport not willing to play International, he's facing a massive challenge for the World Cup. 

We're going to go in Australia with a Championship side at best and a subpar coach. 

Slightly bewildering decision this?

He's Won a close game v PNG at 2013 but thereafter failed to win 2 European Championships losing to Ireland and Wales along the way and his French side were obliterated by England last year.

After watching the recent Pacific Test series, I have no doubt that Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and PNG would trounce France......I would rate France as having been the biggest disappointment in 2013 and they could be as bad again next year.

Slightly bewildering decision this?

He's Won a close game v PNG at 2013 but thereafter failed to win 2 European Championships losing to Ireland and Wales along the way and his French side were obliterated by England last year.

After watching the recent Pacific Test series, I have no doubt that Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and PNG would trounce France......I would rate France as having been the biggest disappointment in 2013 and they could be as bad again next year.

Cook Islands would smash us too.

We ###### lost against USA. We ###### lost against an amateur Irish team. We wouldn't win against any southern hemisphere team at the moment. 

In fact, to win against France you just have to "not f*ck up". Nothing special, really. 

Maybe we can overcome a disaster in 2017 if Casty, Pelissier, Gigot, Fages and Escaré are firing. But probably Casty will come back from an injury, Pelissier and Gigot too tired to play at full potential, Escaré deep down the Elite 1 and Fages will still be the only trying like always. 

How can this be possible after failing to qualify for the 4 nations and worst ever defeat in Frances history the coach with no track record of previous success is reappionted. The Guy running the FFR13 is just asking for trouble & seems be mocking people having a laugh at the expense of anyone who cares about the game in France. At this stage i would seriously question Zalduendo's sanity either that or Agar is doing the job for peanuts!

How can this be possible after failing to qualify for the 4 nations and worst ever defeat in Frances history the coach with no track record of previous success is reappionted. The Guy running the FFR13 is just asking for trouble & seems be mocking people having a laugh at the expense of anyone who cares about the game in France. At this stage i would seriously question Zalduendo's sanity either that or Agar is doing the job for peanuts!

I suspect it make take a schism in France before the game can grow to where it was. 

Richard Agar was in charge during part of Hull's impressive spiral downwards under the Kath Hetherington/James Rule tenure. Even during this bleak time he was offered a contract extension by them, announced on April 1st one year, a story that will no doubt become the stuff of legends as the years pass.

When you hear Agar interviewed, he's very calm and confident and seems to know exactly what to say and exactly what answers will be appropriate. I can only assume this is what endears him to whichever possible future employers he's in negotiations with as it certainly doesn't seem to be what happens on the pitch.

He may be a tactical genius with a great knowledge of the game but if he can't inspire his players to translate this into what they do whilst on the field then his knowledge is useless, unless of course he's in a role akin to what he seems to be doing at Wire, advising Tony Smith who, in turn, will carry out the inspiring of his players. Of course, I'm not suggesting that Smith is Agar's mouthpiece, just that every little helps.

If the above is a little wide of the mark, then it may be that Agar is one of the greatest coaches ever and employers just feel that he's very unlucky and will start winning games soon and proving us speccies wrong.

But I rather doubt it.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

He could make a lot of money franchising his interview technique.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

He could make a lot of money franchising his interview technique.

How about the book? Rugby League Coaches' Interview Techniques for Dummies.

Could be a best-seller. Needs a catchier title, though. The Agar Way? How to Succeed (sic) in RL?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

His coaching record speaks for itself, yet he still keeps getting jobs. If I was a Wire fan I'd be concerned he's been lined up to replace Smith.

Smith has just signed on for another two years after this one, so we are ok to put our fears on the back-burner for now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Surely when the new regime comes in Guasch/Palanques he will be given the sack right?

Like we say in French "tomorrow is not the dawn of this".

Zalduendo is trying his best to avoid elections, in order to not lose against Palanques. 

The water gets murkier by the minute. Yesterdays press conference in Albi to promote the Championship Final was an indication. Neither of the two finalists were represented by the their Presidents - Palanque and Moreno. Limoux had a big fall-out with the Federation a few months back and the proposed meeting later between Zalduendo and Carcassonne was aborted - when those present walked-out. I suppose the only fortunate thing hopefully, thats its at last coming to a head - the boil ready to be lanced. But whatever - the Dragons,Tricolours and the Federation must eventually come together as one.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I watched a video of Richard Agar interviewing Julien recently. His French is very limited and it seemed he was referring to a script below his feet. Maybe not.

This isn't a sleight on RA but if he has such limited French this arrangement can never work.

Archived