RL Challenge Cup Semi Final Draw...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Hull FC are the top dogs in SL, so should be favourites. As Shaun Wane said, Wigan still need to put in a full 80-minutes of exemplary performance. HFC have a wealth of talent, but also sheer up-front power.

Tough game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It should be fun. Is our new signing eligible? Much water will pass under the bridge in the meantime and more miles will be on the clock. It would be wonderful if Trinity win and, as Wane so accurately predicted, get to book their trip to London.

If Hull lift the trophy they will have beaten (Wakefield upset notwithstanding) the four best teams in SL (not including themselves obviously).

Saints, Catalans, Wigan, Warrington. No one would be able to say we didn't deserve it.

Incidentally we have played those teams 10 times this year and won 9. The one blot being a Wigan defeat that probably should have been a draw if not for that crazy Liam Watts offload. That kind of record has to give us huge confidence going into these big games.

Wigan is probably the draw I didn't want tbh. They looked pretty impressive in the first half yesterday. Tomkins is starting to recapture his old form, Frank Paul the Wrecking Ball is on his way. Should be a belting cup tie.

Well, if we somehow manage to beat Wigan, and Wire fail to beat Wakey, we'll be up against one of last year's finalists' coaches.

It'd be nice if Chris wore the same suit, perhaps the same carnation, hell, I'd even be happy for him to bring the same team.

(Only jesting Steve, mate.)

Have you forgotten the score? So soon.

It was 1980 yet I could never forget those numbers 10-5. And yet 10 months later you dare not beg for 50-0. I fear for Wakefield.

If Hull lift the trophy they will have beaten (Wakefield upset notwithstanding) the four best teams in SL (not including themselves obviously).

Saints, Catalans, Wigan, Warrington. No one would be able to say we didn't deserve it.

Incidentally we have played those teams 10 times this year and won 9. The one blot being a Wigan defeat that probably should have been a draw if not for that crazy Liam Watts offload. That kind of record has to give us huge confidence going into these big games.

Wigan is probably the draw I didn't want tbh. They looked pretty impressive in the first half yesterday. Tomkins is starting to recapture his old form, Frank Paul the Wrecking Ball is on his way. Should be a belting cup tie.

Did you think Tomkins deserved Jiffys MoM?

Have you forgotten the score? So soon.

I couldn't possibly forget mate as it's tattooed on a certain part of my anatomy...along with the names of all the scorers.

Hell, I'd take Hull beating Wakey or anybody at Wembley by 10-5 tbh.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I would guess only Wigan are not happy with that draw.  Hull can beat anybody so wouldnt be fussed regardless.  Wire and Trin equally happy.  Hopefully Wakefield can maintain their 100% win record at the LSV.

I'd swap it all for one more League win though.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Hull wire final

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Hull wire final

Almost as certain as a remain vote was.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I couldn't possibly forget mate as it's tattooed on a certain part of my anatomy...along with the names of all the scorers.

Hell, I'd take Hull beating Wakey or anybody at Wembley by 10-5 tbh.

That's the difference I had to squeeze Hubbard on mine but then you always were a big Dick....Gemmell fan.

Hull Pies Doncaster Friday, Wire Wakey Leigh Saturday, confirmed in local press.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

RFL a joke...the big clash on Friday night at a small stadium. It will be full yes but on a Saturday could have looked at 20,000 plus (a few Wigan fans) and a big tv following.

Friday chosen to reduce the crowd due to travel and work.Easy ride for Hull but lets see how many Wigan fans risk the M62 in the Friday night rush.

How did Wane know the venue last night? Can he tell us who he has chosen as Ref and VR.

And when did he book the Wembley coaches?

Almost as certain as a remain vote was.

ha ha I got that wrong as well

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

I would guess only Wigan are not happy with that draw.  Hull can beat anybody so wouldnt be fussed regardless.  Wire and Trin equally happy.  Hopefully Wakefield can maintain their 100% win record at the LSV.

I'd swap it all for one more League win though.

I can't speak for others but am happy enough as it happens. It can be hard to sustain good form deep into a season, so we'll see whether we can get a bit closer than last time.

I appreciate we have done nothing so far to cause FC's confident mood to flicker for an instant, but you never know. With ptentially FPN settled in, Clubb recovered from the horrible neck injury he suffered against FC, gelling recovered to add an air of chaos, Bateman back in the fold and Farrell on course (plus Crosby and even McIllorum may be available), we can perhaps build on yesterday's performance.

Doncaster and Leigh aren't exactly inspiring choices and playing a semi final on a friday night to me just sounds stupid.

Wigan v Hull though will be a cracker and I think that a red hot Hull team will win. They really do have the right blend of a strong pack with firepower out wide. It should be a close game though with all the Wigan players that will be coming back into the team.

Wire should be too strong for Wakefield but you never know. Wakefield will make a fight of it but Warringtons extra class will come through.

Why Leigh its ok if u comming from Wakefield or Warrington by supporters coach , but if u live any where else and support one of these clubs like i do from North Wales, a Wakefield fan, getting there is a nightmare no train or bus services. for gods sake think when u give these grounds games like that.????.

Wire should be too strong for Wakefield but you never know. Wakefield will make a fight of it but Warringtons extra class will come through.

I remember that was the expectation last year in the semis, with Wire expected to be too strong for HKR!

I hope you are right, but Wakefield have already beaten us this year so it could be a very good game.

Naturally I hope not and we get a comfortable win, fed up of tight games!

I'm a bit dissapointed that they aren't a double header at the Ricoh on the Satuarday. Whilst further, heading south on a Sat probably easier than for Wigan fans on a Fri night to Donny, and if the whole reason for having 4 Nations at the Ricoh was for the City of Rugby partnership, this would have been an excellent opportunity, especially in the union off season.

Whilst the 4 Nations will be big news, and the Bears are in the city, so are Wasps. By waiting 6 months before we put a big game on there, we allow them to dominate the view of rugby in the city.

If we are going to half arsed about it, surely we would have been better off holding games in Scotland.

Maybe they looked into it, but BBCs wish for a Fri night game was too great, but TV shouldn't be the only driver, and they could still have got a 5pm Sat night game (after an afternoon one) which is what they have got for the England NZ game

I'm a bit dissapointed that they aren't a double header at the Ricoh on the Satuarday. Whilst further, heading south on a Sat probably easier than for Wigan fans on a Fri night to Donny, and if the whole reason for having 4 Nations at the Ricoh was for the City of Rugby partnership, this would have been an excellent opportunity, especially in the union off season.

Whilst the 4 Nations will be big news, and the Bears are in the city, so are Wasps. By waiting 6 months before we put a big game on there, we allow them to dominate the view of rugby in the city.

If we are going to half arsed about it, surely we would have been better off holding games in Scotland.

Maybe they looked into it, but BBCs wish for a Fri night game was too great, but TV shouldn't be the only driver, and they could still have got a 5pm Sat night game (after an afternoon one) which is what they have got for the England NZ game

It's almost as though there is no joined up strategy isn't it?

Just hire a couple of grounds to make it cost effective and easy for Northerners. Job done.

Nobody else matters.

The venues are not great, but I really don't mind a tie being played on Friday evening if it is on prime time FreeView, shown nationally. That's one of the things the BBC brought in last year, and I like it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived