2017 Featherstone Rovers squad.

marklaspalmas

Is Ulugia a big centre with pace? Cant remember seeing him last season.

yes JC  Chris is a big centre and is very quick ,he puts some big hits in, but sometimes leaves the line ,leaving a gap in defence,I will be sorry  to see Chris leave but wish him well at post office road,I will still see him play as i often  watch the rovers .

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Bostock signed a new contract for next season? Because last I heard he hadn't.

I'd heard summat similar GF and he was heading to a new stomping ground in the HW area

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I've heard the same and seen a picture of him online in a rovers hoodie

Thats a fake picture - its Richard owens head photshopped (poorly) onto scott turners body

Cant believe you thought that was a genuine photo!

Owen cant even bend his arm properly following that car accident so cant see him signing for any professional side let alone us

I was going to put "All will be revealed tomorrow" but it's unlikely to be all.

CLubhouse opens 7 pm. Post news here as it comes in.

If there's time for any questions you can use the list on page 1 as a guide to see if any players have been forgotten about.

To sum up what I have put on the other thread: Ulugia, Carlile, Knowles & Moore all confirmed as widely rumoured for some time. Looks like Ellis & Spears the main leavers. Briscoe and Duckworth have both signed with us full time. Baldwinson and Ormondroyd both expected to be playing with us for much/most of season on DR (I think). Bostock back with us as are Hardman, Kyran M, Misi, Briggs, Thacks, Day, Wildie, Griffin, Cooper, Davies &Tagg, maybe Cording at some stage if he can prove his fitness.

So a possible line-up just from those confirmed so far could be something like:

Hardman
Duckworth/Turner
Ulugia

Taulapapa
Briscoe
Briggs

Thackeray
Griffin
Wildie
Bostock
Davies
Knowles
Tagg
subs
Ormondroyd
Baldwinson
Moore
Carlile

18th/19th Cooper/Day

wonder who will be captain? Griffin probably favourite even though he doesn't usually play more than about 40 mins per game, Hardman & Misi perhaps the other likely candidates.

Ian Hardman for captain. He's been with Rovers for a long time and i believe he could get the team fired up if we are ever on the back foot.

Do we know who was vice captain last season? Because they no longer do the coin toss at the start it's not so easy to tell, and when Tim wasn't on the pitch usually one of the other likely candidates (Griffin, Hardman, Ellis etc) wasn't.

Archived