2017 Featherstone Rovers squad.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to London if their main man can afford it wish we had someone at Fev with that type of money to throw at the club and allow us to go full time

Must be cheaper to own two clubs than throw money at FT ambitions now MC alledgedly bought York City Knights

Remind me pikey.... what were our crowds ten yr ago?

The difference between Featherstone and London and Sheffield is that Fev are a hardened community club which have 1200 die hard fans at their core who will always rally around their club through thick and thin raising money and giving up their spare time for the cause.The club obviously is steeped in Rugby history having won practicaly everything in their history and I believe in 50 years time it will still be here.As for the other two Clubs I have mentioned they fall way short of what our Club is all about.Good luck to them I hope they remain competitive but as I have stressed as a Business with a long term future I just cant see it .

I wouldn't worry too much, Sammut can't follow a game plan ... and his team mates are rarely thinking the same way as him ...  result chaos!! Why do you think it is he rarely stays anywhere for long??  looks individually outstanding, but does not improve the teams he plays for!!  .... and not worth £50k a year .. in my opinion. 

Sammut's signing for Workington got Phil Vievers the boot. They were a decent Championship mid-table side until the "mercurial" half-back came along. 

Sammut's signing for Workington got Phil Vievers the boot. They were a decent Championship mid-table side until the "mercurial" half-back came along.

Would say it was their crippling injury list and subsequent poor form that got him the boot rather than Sammut, who helped them get to the semi finals of the shield the season before

Numerous times in the season they couldnt string 17 players together, you dont win rugby matches especially in our league if you cant do that

Whoever is bank rolling London with a full time squad to pay for and one man and his dog watching them must surely come to a cross roads shortly.In Super League he can probably accept it with getting over a million a year of Skys money to pay the bills and with only one man and his dog watching them but now in the Championship with the money generated in the top four which will barely cover his players contracys I just dont know how the club hasnt gone under.Its like throwing money down a drain.I think everyone knows deep down Rugby League is a Northern game and even though the RFL and Sky try to convince us otherwise it wont wash with many.Theres an old saying a fool and his money are soon parted.Can anyone tell me who this benefactor is??

David Hughes, he has supported the club for several years. He is no fly by night and has an astute mind although he recently retired. I know we dont get big enough crowds but lets be honest Fev hardly get crowds to write home about.

David Hughes, he has supported the club for several years. He is no fly by night and has an astute mind although he recently retired. I know we dont get big enough crowds but lets be honest Fev hardly get crowds to write home about.

fev has a population of around 15 thousand, and average around 2k at home. Rugby league has been in the capital 30 odd year and youve got about 500 fans if that, so i would say our crowds are pretty good.

fev has a population of around 15 thousand, and average around 2k at home. Rugby league has been in the capital 30 odd year and youve got about 500 fans if that, so i would say our crowds are pretty good.

Featherstone have played at one stadium for considerably longer than London have had a professional side - and London have moved home ground on many occasions.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Featherstone have played at one stadium for considerably longer than London have had a professional side - and London have moved home ground on many occasions.

exactly, theyve played all over the capital city the last 30 years and still havent found somewhere to pull a decent crowd in. My conclusion is rugby league is a bit rough and tumble for the southern softies

In some of our games we have had between 5 to 7 thousand crowds roughly and we are possibly the smallest populated club in the whole of Rugby league where as London is the capital of England.You southern softies are so out of touch with most things in life I mean you were wrong about how working class people voting for Brexit and most of you think we are all northern monkeys.Just leave Rugby to us hard Northerners and you just carry on watching the football and eating your jellied eels .

Attendance's are also defined by away support which in the lower divisions is quite minimal. People cannot afford to put all their money into one pastime these days. In the fifties and early sixties when the sport was booming your local Rugby club was the place to be but nowadays there are many more choices to be had.Fev do quite well for the size of the village and their travelling support is the envy of most in this division.

Thought this thread was about fev's future signings and team ?? Not about we'v got more fans than your team or our chaimans got more money than yours ? I'm not the slightest intrested about london or any other teams attendances so back on topic anybody got any names of future signings

it's looking like most clubs are sorted

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Am I miles off with my speculation about possible half-backs for Rovers in 2017? ;)

Am I miles off with my speculation about possible half-backs for Rovers in 2017? ;)

Which do you think it will be Mark? Is Tansey one of them? 

Heard that Andy Ellis & Tim Spears haven't been retained?

No both not offered new contracts although not sure Ellis could commit fully to training He only came back last year as we lost our hooker for season and he did a great job as well

Make up of the Team for next season is looking good. We got into the top 4 last season. That is the aim in 2017. But to do better in the 8s hopefully. I would have been having a closer look at the Workington team. Sammut apart. They had some decent players who would have done well for us. Moore, Carlile etc are all steady/reliable players. This makes me feel very content.

Archived