McNamara Named in Kiwis Coaching Staff

McNamara announced as Assistant Coach for the Kiwis.  England's chances in the World Cup just increased!

IMG_3483.PNG

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

apart from the joking comments I would say it gives NZ an advantage in having a coach who knows the English players inside out. Given that I would guess both NZ and England see it the same way in that they are the two competing for a final place against Australia. Making it to final then anything can happen in one game hence importance of beating England to NZ.

Also I guess I would credit NZ staff as having more insight than English fans that are often so derisory about McNamara...

I think that's a great appointment for NZ and will take a lot of pressure off Kidwell. McNamara put some brilliant structure and systems in place which NZ could probably benefit from. He also knows a lot of the players from time with the Roosters and now Warriors. 

17 minutes ago, redjonn said:

apart from the joking comments I would say it gives NZ an advantage in having a coach who knows the English players inside out. Given that I would guess both NZ and England see it the same way in that they are the two competing for a final place against Australia. Making it to final then anything can happen in one game hence importance of beating England to NZ.

Also I guess I would credit NZ staff as having more insight than English fans that are often so derisory about McNamara...

This.
This appointment says beating England is NZ priority and that, maybe, ENG and Kiwi have never been so close. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I think that's a great appointment for NZ and will take a lot of pressure off Kidwell. McNamara put some brilliant structure and systems in place which NZ could probably benefit from. He also knows a lot of the players from time with the Roosters and now Warriors. 

It could work, and work well. With Kidwell as more of a motivator and man-manager, McNamara can deal with the more technical/organisational aspects of getting the squad working well together.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, deluded pom? said:

There was a time Woody when we were streets ahead of the Kiwis.

Yes and then they entered the best rl competition in the world...

Btw, England are closer than some years ago, say 2008 WC. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

1 hour ago, iangidds said:

I would rather watch England under Mcnamara any day of the week than 5 drives and a kick regime we have now

No matter who was in charge, they should have been allowed to see it through until after the WC.  None the less, we've got a great year to look forward to.

Ian - ok to PM you?

perhaps McNamara is good at off field organisation, running training camps, knows how to beat Scotland & when to use a Dally M medalist in a match? The Sheer genius of the Kidwell - McNamara dynamic coaching duo is hard for the average fan to understand... but when you realize there entire coaching careers of mediocrity & failure. Have been deliberate In order to throw Wayne Bennett off the scent of there secret master plan. A plan so cunning it will revolutionize the sport & they have secretly been working on it in tandem for years. They have both been so committed to this plan that they have willingly looked like coaching idiots for years in order to hatch it. They plan to unleash it in all it's glory at the Rugby League World Cup later this year....  remember you didn't hear it from me...

On 15 March 2017 at 8:10 PM, Lowdesert said:

No matter who was in charge, they should have been allowed to see it through until after the WC.  None the less, we've got a great year to look forward to.

Ian - ok to PM you?

Yes no  problem

Having witnessed the Warriors abject performance earlier today against Canterbury, McNamara's appointment bodes well for England! They are playing a very un-NZ like style of rugby, being cautious and risk-free. I know that Kearney's the coach but McN clearly has input into the dull brand of footie an otherwise talented and enterprising group of players are playing. 

I will differ on the opinion of those who were pro Mac stating he did a good job for England, well maybe his strength is in the organizational side, but responsible for team selection and coaching, no way.

And to follow the logic that he can advise re the England players, that being the case, what have England got to fear from Australia with Bennett at our helm.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Archived