Kangaroos squad for RLWC named

2 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Props are the Aussies big weakness. I don't really rate Woods and Klemmer, McLean is up and coming, whilst Fifita has big off days.

We always say that but they always beat us up down the middle of the park. I guess a big factor in that is the tactic nous of Cameron Smith and his ability to manage a game. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

they were talking about cronks last game yesterday at the gf, now hes in the wc squad?

Maybe NRL commentators don't think international games really count?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

they were talking about cronks last game yesterday at the gf, now hes in the wc squad?

Channel 9 don't have the WC so they refuse to acknowledge it. Their coverage yesterday told the viewers that the next big sporting event coming up was a cricket match.

rldfsignature.jpg

I recall back in '95 the Aussies didn't pick their strongest side due to the ARL/SL division at the time and still took home the trophy. It really doesn't matter who's in the squad, they will be hard to beat, such is their depth. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

28 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Channel 9 don't have the WC so they refuse to acknowledge it. Their coverage yesterday told the viewers that the next big sporting event coming up was a cricket match.

Yeh sky do that kind of thing . Sky sports news is often literally the  sports sky has news

28 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

9th October but cannot remember where I read that! Does anybody know?  We seem behind others already  .

The other countries' seasons are over, after which they released their RWC selections. The RFL will do exactly the same, if the 9th is the correct date.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, RayCee said:

I recall back in '95 the Aussies didn't pick their strongest side due to the ARL/SL division at the time and still took home the trophy. It really doesn't matter who's in the squad, they will be hard to beat, such is their depth. 

Sadly true....

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

14 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

100% Aussie,  does that include the Welsh international Frizzel then? 

Seeing as he was born and raised in Australia I would say yes. As an aussie nothing annoys me more then fans crying we stole or are stealing players from other nations. McGuire, Fifita and Frizell are all born and raised in Australia, Kaufusi was born in NZ but was raised in QLD and has made the decison to play for Australia. If England pick Currie and Gildart no Aussie will be complaining England stole them from Ireland and Italy. Its a terrible argument. 

The exception is Radradra who never should have played for Australia and most Aussies will agree with that. In that circumstance we can agree

As for the Australian squad I think its defineltey beatable and I dont see any reason England won't give us a lot of trouble. Thurston is very tough to replace and as good as Morgan and Munster have been they aren't at Thurstons level. Centers are a weakness im not a huge fan of Chambers but he's probably the best centre we have. Dugan has struggled in the back end of the year and while im comfortable to have Boyd, Gagai or Trbojevic on the wing im worried about them in the centers. Playing Morgan or Munster there takes them away from the halves/utility where he's best. Not a fan of the Ben Hunt pick either as we have enough coverage in the halves and would be better of with a Jake Freind to cover hooker. The forward pack is very strong but England have a great pack aswell. 

Definitely beatable.

As an Aussie, I'd love to see England win this. I don't think there's been a more winnable WC for them.

NZ are looking poor, Aus are slightly beatable. It can happen.

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Pulga said:

Definitely beatable.

As an Aussie, I'd love to see England win this. I don't think there's been a more winnable WC for them.

NZ are looking poor, Aus are slightly beatable. It can happen.

New Zealand are looking very weak. The Warriors seem to have taken their best players and brought them down a few levels. Don't know what the problem is at that club. Opposite of the Storm, good players go there and become average. 

Interesting thing is the players Australia didn't pick that can play for other nations. Josh Papalii can play for Samoa I'm fairly sure, Reagan Campbell Gillard and Jarryd Hayne for Fiji. Anthony Milford, though I do think he is a tad over rated. Might be some upsets this year. 

5 hours ago, B rad said:

New Zealand are looking very weak. The Warriors seem to have taken their best players and brought them down a few levels. Don't know what the problem is at that club. Opposite of the Storm, good players go there and become average. 

Interesting thing is the players Australia didn't pick that can play for other nations. Josh Papalii can play for Samoa I'm fairly sure, Reagan Campbell Gillard and Jarryd Hayne for Fiji. Anthony Milford, though I do think he is a tad over rated. Might be some upsets this year. 

Yeah out wide will be there problem area. A starting 17 of 

rts, Rapana, fusitua, hiku, whare,  te maree Martin, Johnson, Blair, luke, tapau, mannering, Harris, tamalolo. 

Bench - hargraves, Fona Blake, mau, solomona 

26 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Poor show from Meninga.

Indeed!

I actually believe that Mal as coach is a chink in the Aussie armour (and as Kidwell is for NZ). Meninga isn't a great coach, despite his success in SoO, which, given the players he had at his disposal, was hard to mess up. 

Still, I can't see the Aussies losing this. 
Too much talent and experience from the so called 'big 3'. 
Though the loss of JT is huge, for this team. 
I know he's very unpopular on this forum, but I think having a coach like WB could help England, this time. But still, not sure the team is good enough. 
I'm not sure the team can perform Internationally after a so long and heavy domestic season. 
I'll be totally supporting Italy and England, as usual, and really hope the English can cause an upset in this tournament. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Archived