NRL Subscription Service Outside Australia To Be Launched

Womer

This is out today .....

http://m.nrl.com/landmark-international-rights-deal-with-fox-sports/tabid/10874/newsid/113968/default.aspx

So it looks like Premier/Freesports have lost their coverage, with subscription streaming replacing it.

Don't think it will be all that cheap either - the equlivelent sub for Australian Rules Football is £125 a season, so I think the NRL will be something near it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

does this mean having to watch on a phone or computer? not been able to record hd games and watch them at your lesuire and convenience ?

Chromecast and AirPlay compatible. Live and on demand.

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

no idea what your on about?

I just about do but yes that’s still a problem for a lot of people as we bomb on with new initiatives . Same with my dad who loves his full NRL telly fix . Can’t leave folk behind who want stuff as they are 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I just about do but yes that’s still a problem for a lot of people as we bomb on with new initiatives . Same with my dad who loves his full NRL telly fix . Can’t leave folk behind who want stuff as they are 

having premier and the nrl has got me back in to full interest of rl again after a few years of drifting away for various reasons, I wont be messing about with the latest bit of junk with a plug on it from currys, our internet is dodgy at the best of times anyway, oh well it was good while it lasted, guess I will become dis engaged again

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Copa said:

Chromecast and AirPlay compatible. Live and on demand.

It means with a cheap gadget you can watch the NRL and all the RL themed entertainment shows on your TV (most TVs these days are compatible).

You can watch them live or at a later date.

Do what I do and ask a teenager if you have any issues.  :-)

Excellent..I've said they should do this for a while..the money they'll receive from a  direct subscription to "watch NRL" will dwarf the pennies they get from,say,my £9.99 premiersports subscription! 

I'd happily pay £9.99 a month for "Watch NRL" can't see it being much more expensive than that.. certainly not as much as the AFL

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

having premier and the nrl has got me back in to full interest of rl again after a few years of drifting away for various reasons, I wont be messing about with the latest bit of junk with a plug on it from currys, our internet is dodgy at the best of times anyway, oh well it was good while it lasted, guess I will become dis engaged again

I don't believe you will lose your premier coverage. This is very similar to "Now Tv" although that is geographically contained to the UK it is still accessible world wide via other options.

Would presume the Aussies have a similar geo locked streaming service,and fox have decided to exploit that making it world wide.

Its streaming contracts,not internal TV rights.

2 hours ago, Womer said:

The AFL site also give their prices in sterling ...

£125 a season

£22 a month

£13 a week

A shame Channel 9 isn't on unofficial streaming - though Channel 7 is

Channel 9 is streaming its NRL games next year.

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I know the feeling. I like SL on sky but the sheer scope of all the NRL GAMES ON PREMIER HAS MADE ME WATCH more RL. 

I'm not willing to pay 100 plus a year for the NRL.

What now for premier? 

As I said on the other thread about this yesterday, this streaming idea hasn't come out of nowhere overnight for people behind the scenes. Premier confirmed a week or two ago that they were in negotiations to retain the rights to the NRL, so it's still possible they'll have tv coverage.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

44 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I know the feeling. I like SL on sky but the sheer scope of all the NRL GAMES ON PREMIER HAS MADE ME WATCH more RL. 

I'm not willing to pay 100 plus a year for the NRL.

What now for premier? 

Do you not pay 100 plus for the NRL now anyway? 

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Exactly, if you have Premier then you're paying £120 a year already, unless you cancel and then resubscribe each year, but even then its still £90/£100 a year!

With the NRL subscription its better value in a sense that you get all the games, plus all the weekly shows too, so you'll get much more RL content for the same price you're paying now. 

Looks like a good deal to be honest, given I only have Premier for the NRL.

Ill wait and see what TV deal is struck first, if Premier carried on as it is now, with all the games being shown then Ill have to have a think! But with the extra content im definitely tempted!  

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I got premier for 25 for the year.

And 60 on a renewal. 

Will cancel if they loose NRL as the other sports they have aren't of interest to me. 

I would certainly be happy with NRL and all the shows NRL360, League Life and stuff on there for £120 per year. Premier looks like a channel on the edge and moving towards giving up content to Freesports IMO is an indication that their model doesn't work.

Nothing much else on Premier Sports to interest me. Losing NRL rights would be a big blow to the channel, and also put Freesports' future in doubt. The latter is a collaboration of broadcasters, but Premier seem to be the major partner.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived