• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

If I can have just one result go my way this weekend I hope Tonga win this.

I would prefer a tough hard fought game with England to play Australia in the final.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Balmain1969 said:

If tonight showed anything it is that Tonga, Fiji, Lebanon, PNG and NZ are all about on par with each other for this tournament, with France and Samoa slightly off the pace. England need to win by 30 tomorrow to be anywhere near Australias level, and they can do it. Dont forget they beat PNG by 30 with a 50% completion rate.

It was only the last 4 Nations tournament, when Samoa showed that they could go head-to-head with England and NZ, and make them really have to fight for a win. This year's squad can't be too different, but they have had a bad World Cup and what looks like a bad attitude.

And I'm pretty sure that the Kiwis, with a better coach (and a few influential players back), will up their game to 'Big Three' level next year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I agree, there are games where you want a contest and games where you want it to be as stress free as possible!

In the last world cup new zealand  were an exhausted team in the final, and England would have put up a better fight.

An easy passage tomorrow would create a more even final for either England or Tonga- England preferred!

5am kick off. What a shame for the UK viewing public. Even a 7am kick off may have doubled the audience. This could be the best international occasion involving England RL on the BBC in quite a few years. Certainly since the RLWC semi final.

Sorry. Wrong conversation.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

5am kick off. What a shame for the UK viewing public. Even a 7am kick off may have doubled the audience. This could be the best international occasion involving England RL on the BBC in quite a few years. Certainly since the RLWC semi final.

The galling parts are twofold.  That it wouldnt really have troubled many to do just that and Mr Wood would have been privy to all these arrangements.

Ive enjoyed getting up for most of the games though and really looking forward to this.  It’s Tonga’s final.  Just hope we have the same mentality and play as if it’s ours.

51 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Good that the RFL can’t even spell the name of one our halves - see email just received. Really, that’s just embarrassing 

9D9F2E00-8DCC-4C9A-B510-60DDD88E9234.png

They've stopped emailing me again. Their mailing systems are really not too great.

Just now, Damien said:

I really cant wait for this game now. With the crowd an atmosphere it has the potential to be one of the best England games ever.

Yep, looking forward to this more than any game for a while. Despite all the moaning and negativity we have a World Cu semi final to play in 9 hours and hopefully this time tomorrow we will be celebrating making a World Cup Final!

Its exciting times, you forget that we havent made a final since 1995 and werent expected to do so this time either.

Just now, Dave T said:

Yep, looking forward to this more than any game for a while. Despite all the moaning and negativity we have a World Cu semi final to play in 9 hours and hopefully this time tomorrow we will be celebrating making a World Cup Final!

Its exciting times, you forget that we havent made a final since 1995 and werent expected to do so this time either.

To be fair, the negativity is aimed pretty right at the organisers and the lack of impartial refs - really enjoyed the rest of the tournament and can’t wait for the morning! 

9 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

To be fair, the negativity is aimed pretty right at the organisers and the lack of impartial refs - really enjoyed the rest of the tournament and can’t wait for the morning! 

Yeah i just think those threads and levels of outrage are overshadowing any positives of which there have been plenty imo. 

Its a bit like the SL season being overshadowed by structure complaints.

I have enjoyed the match threads tbough this tournament - they have been very lively!

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Its a bit like the SL season being overshadowed by structure complaints.

I have enjoyed the match threads tbough this tournament - they have been very lively!

Shush... enjoying the peace and quiet of no structural comments and threads... ?

(Refreshing isn’t it...)

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Shush... enjoying the peace and quiet of no structural comments and threads... ?

(Refreshing isn’t it...)

It has been a nice 30 seconds, hasn't it?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Right off to bed for me good luck tomorrow all:

Walking from watch to watch, from tent to tent,
Let him cry 'Praise and glory on his head!'
A little touch of Harry in the night.
And so our scene must to battle fly..

Right ive made a decision, im gonna tape this tommorow after all and watch it when I get in from work with a serious amount of beers....gonna leave phone in the car, car stereo already out so no radio, instructed the better half not to tell me!!  wanna relax and watch it rather then worrying about getting ready for work. Heres to a good win tomm....luckily I have organised next Sat off!

10484ff41ab77020217d2e7e23af99ba.jpg

So excited to be in Auckland for this! I’m staying on one of the main streets in the city and already had a few Tongan fans driving past beeping their horns and waving flags. Going to head down to the harbour soon and soak up the atmosphere. It’s going to be a good day!!

1 minute ago, DiH68 said:

So excited to be in Auckland for this! I’m staying on one of the main streets in the city and already had a few Tongan fans driving past beeping their horns and waving flags. Going to head down to the harbour soon and soak up the atmosphere. It’s going to be a good day!!

Enjoy mate it is going to be one of the best atmospheres ever!

13 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Right ive made a decision, im gonna tape this tommorow after all and watch it when I get in from work with a serious amount of beers....gonna leave phone in the car, car stereo already out so no radio, instructed the better half not to tell me!!  wanna relax and watch it rather then worrying about getting ready for work. Heres to a good win tomm....luckily I have organised next Sat off!

This will be a very good test of the current state of your marriage.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived