Ned to step down..

Rambo

Should have happened 3 months ago, for it was plainly obvious that there were issues between coach and players. As a team, I feel we have gone back 3 years, and have played some of the most unattractive and boring rugby , guaranteed to remove bums from seats. I think NK  was out of touch with modern day coaching, and whose match day body language was uninspiring.

As a club, I feel it is time for a thorough root and branch appraisal. Whilst not subscribing to the "boom or bust" philosophy, I feel the club must attempt to attract significant new and additional  investment at Director level and commercially. I know it is difficult in financially challenged areas like Dewsbury, but the alternatives are of some concern.

We must also significantly improve the match day experience - there is so little atmosphere. I have to say, Batley beat us hands-down on this one.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

NK is stating facts. Take out the comment about relegation and it's hard to criticise. He saved us last season, kept us up this season and that's about all he can do.  MS is not to blame. He could spend hundreds of thousands and we might finish a few places higher. Who would waste their money like that? We are too good for League 1, never good enough for SL. Look at the money Leigh spent and where has it got them? A couple of places above us. It's a hard one, but short of a generous multi-millionaire turning up, not sure what the answer is.

I don't particularly think it was the NK factor that kept us up this season. We didn't have a brilliant squad but we had enough quality to get us over the line ahead of Rochdale & Swinton.  Being at the helm of a professional sports club, I am afraid, spending lots of money is a prerequisite. MS has done a fantastic job at the club but the boat has to be pushed out somewhere just to keep the status quo in what will be a very competitive division. Otherwise you end up with a club/business that nobody wants to invest in. 

Like most people  on here Neil and Paul are heros of mine both on and off the field. In my opinion they did save us last year,we were gone and on the road to nowhere when they took over. My fear is now we are back on the same road and somewhat further down it. Good players have let us down this year, if this is down to the coach I don't know, but some players have lost pride in our great jersey and that isn't good enough. If we don't act quickly we will have no team and very little support, because from where I'm sitting buying five season tickets for next year seems a very poor investment indeed.

8 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

I challenge you to name one player who we can truly say has improved this year under Kelly, Hallett has gone backwards, so has Everett, Morton has plateaued, Worrincy appears about as much as Halley's comet, Moore seems to have gone AWOL and almost all of Kelly's signings this year have gone!

Halletts gone so far backwards, he's not even on the payroll anymore. Another quite one out of the backdoor. 

6 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Sam Day too?

your probably all spot on..  I reckon ned was telling them form the outset that its good to pass a ball into touch or just generally throw it into no mans land...He almost certainly kept pestering them to argue with the ref and miss tackles..

Im not saying all was / is well and I'm as mystified as anyone as to why Sam Day couldn't get in the team and what the hell happened to Gareth Moore but rightly or wrongly I don't think its as easy to blame the coach as we thought it was under GM.  This season has just been odd, full stop.  Cant explain it...

2 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Sam Day is still at the club never misses training,so like a lot more supporters I’m mystified to why he doesn’t get a game.

Then lets hope he can see a reason to stay now!!  .. really talented lad .. just needs a good run in the team ... next season!!

9 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

You might not have blamed Morrison but the majority of others did, some even boycotting the club till he left. I appreciate that you can't coach certain aspects but he really hasn't helped the cause, look at James Glover, possibly our biggest attacking threat at the start of the season and enthusiastic for another year with the Rams, now he is a shadow of his former self working under a coach who, it has been reported, has been calling him lazy in training for weeks on end. No wonder he's leaving. Look at Rochdale at the weekend, Walshaw having a decent game and looking like one of our few players that posed and attacking threat and up for the physical battle and he took him off in exchange for Speakman, two hookers and two halfbacks on the pitch against a big side like Rochdale. Where is Sam Day? A player who has impressed for me every time I've seen him this year, even away at London. He's been nowhere near the squad for a couple of months know and is another one Kelly is known to have not been fond of. Poor coaching has to be at the root of the problem, and if not poor coaching, poor man management. It is the duty of the Head Coach to ensure his players are motivated and from what I've heard, he's done nothing but shoot morale down further, he's come out and said the squad are relegation fodder and he's still head coach! Still one game left and he says that! The game might not mean anything but it is definitely not conductive to squad morale

I said Glenn Morrison wouldn't be a top Coach while I've a hole in my backside

And I'm still proved right today

It's not time for the blame game, because in the end everybody will blame everyone else. 

We as a unit move on

Kelly's gone for whatever reason

Now it really doesn't matter why

It has to shift to who will take over

Kelly era comes to an end at 4.45pm on Sunday 

We start again united!!! 

6 hours ago, coolie said:

I said Glenn Morrison wouldn't be a top Coach while I've a hole in my backside

And I'm still proved right today

It's not time for the blame game, because in the end everybody will blame everyone else. 

We as a unit move on

Kelly's gone for whatever reason

Now it really doesn't matter why

It has to shift to who will take over

Kelly era comes to an end at 4.45pm on Sunday 

We start again united!!! 

Correct,as I’ve said many many times is that coaches like players move on but us supporters need to stick together and get behind the new coach,whoever that may be,and get behind the players that are staying and those coming in from other clubs. Having a go at Mark Sawyer at every turn isn’t helping because without chairmen like him and Kevin Nicholas we wouldn’t have a club to support.

So let’s move on for the good of Dewsbury Rams.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Correct,as I’ve said many many times is that coaches like players move on but us supporters need to stick together and get behind the new coach,whoever that may be,and get behind the players that are staying and those coming in from other clubs. Having a go at Mark Sawyer at every turn isn’t helping because without chairmen like him and Kevin Nicholas we wouldn’t have a club to support.

So let’s move on for the good of Dewsbury Rams.

Absolutely, coaches and players come and go, some good some bad. Supporters always stick to their clubs whatever happens.

At least we do have a club to support, we need that to continue. 

On 9/25/2018 at 2:35 PM, Rambo said:

I think a statement of intent (or non intent) as the case maybe is needed from the chairman and not just a pretty bland club statement which I’ve seen has just been released regarding Ned’s departure.

I can remember a few years ago that he stated that he wanted  Dewsbury to be the best club outside of the SL. 

Is this objective still the same? If it isn’t what is? Survival in the Championship? or operating in L1 with profits from car boots,5 aside and the bars going to the shareholder(s) and supporting a near amateur team?

Profits - I like that!

You were joking I presume?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

From what I understand the rugby side definitely doesn’t make a profit.

i would of thought that the bars, Carboot,Sports pitch hire and other commercial activities at the ground would show a profit of some sort?

I thought Mark was a relatively successful businessman?

rambo.gif

28 minutes ago, Rambo said:

From what I understand the rugby side definitely doesn’t make a profit.

i would of thought that the bars, Carboot,Sports pitch hire and other commercial activities at the ground would show a profit of some sort?

I thought Mark was a relatively successful businessman?

It'll make a profit if you don't sign anyone lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Profits - I like that!

You were joking I presume?

I assume you're back from foreign parts. Things haven't gone well in your absence.

Hopefully you'll have the chance to remind young Rambo how a rugby league chairman ends up with a small fortune.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Without Mark Sawyer there would be no club. The fact he is not prepared to throw away hundreds of thousands of his own money to win more games and finish in the top 4 is his decision. I am sure if someone else wanted to put the money in, MS would be delighted. The ground and facilities have improved and we have retained our Championship status. Our opponents this Sunday are yet another example of a sugar daddy boom and bust. 

Think NK's YEP comments are hugely disappointing......... BUT so has the season as a whole..... Total non-event and a huge waste of money........... The team were mostly players he brought in and the wave of enthusiasm from when he took over very quickly evaporated this season......... Gareth Moore -- simply a waste of space and a waste of 200 quid of my money as well.

So many people at or associated with the club deserve so much better............ Thanks for nothing on this occasion Ned ..... Likewise, Mr Moore -- who should do the decent thing and allow the club to cancel his contract.

Real shame that Newcastle had the foresight to snap up Liam Finn..........think he could have done a great job for us.

So...... who next ???? 

3 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Think NK's YEP comments are hugely disappointing......... BUT so has the season as a whole..... Total non-event and a huge waste of money........... The team were mostly players he brought in and the wave of enthusiasm from when he took over very quickly evaporated this season......... Gareth Moore -- simply a waste of space and a waste of 200 quid of my money as well.

So many people at or associated with the club deserve so much better............ Thanks for nothing on this occasion Ned ..... Likewise, Mr Moore -- who should do the decent thing and allow the club to cancel his contract.

Real shame that Newcastle had the foresight to snap up Liam Finn..........think he could have done a great job for us.

So...... who next ???? 

Yes I was shocked too after reading the yep press release, thought Neil was better than that. As for Gareth Moore,just show's his lack of respect for everyone connected to Dewsbury Rams,his fellow players, supporters and more importantly the sponsors, namely you,he couldn't even be bothered turning up for the player of the year awards night. 

5 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

he couldn't even be bothered turning up for the player of the year awards night. 

he was doing his hair....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

we now know the evening post only quoted half of neds statement. He admits its going to be a struggle next season which is an understatement and under his present circumstances that's fine good luck to the lad rugby compared to family is just a game. How can you blame a coach when we get knocked out of the cup to a team that's in a lower league and their completion second half rate is 95%While yours is under 50%.Swinton away Rochdale away. A disgrace how can you change tactics when your not playing basic rugby.The trouble is certain players got a sulk on when we brought duel reg in and were not man enough to re group .If some of the people on here that are great on the keyboard went to the matches they comment on. They will realise what the problem is. At the end its down to the coach but some of the players dont have the sun shinning out of their ######. Cant see the problem were only a couple of points behind where every season we aim to be.6/7 which means every season your a step above relegation. Next season the trap door might stay open 

23 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

we now know the evening post only quoted half of neds statement. He admits its going to be a struggle next season which is an understatement and under his present circumstances that's fine good luck to the lad rugby compared to family is just a game. How can you blame a coach when we get knocked out of the cup to a team that's in a lower league and their completion second half rate is 95%While yours is under 50%.Swinton away Rochdale away. A disgrace how can you change tactics when your not playing basic rugby.The trouble is certain players got a sulk on when we brought duel reg in and were not man enough to re group .If some of the people on here that are great on the keyboard went to the matches they comment on. They will realise what the problem is. At the end its down to the coach but some of the players dont have the sun shinning out of their ######. Cant see the problem were only a couple of points behind where every season we aim to be.6/7 which means every season your a step above relegation. Next season the trap door might stay open 

Surely that points to poor man management, doesn't it? 

If players are sulking, it is the manager, or coach's job to either win them round, or kick them out quickly, before the trouble making starts to take hold of the team.

Especially when you have a couple of rumoured bad eggs in the camp, such as Hallet and Igbinidion.

40 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Surely that points to poor man management, doesn't it? 

If players are sulking, it is the manager, or coach's job to either win them round, or kick them out quickly, before the trouble making starts to take hold of the team.

Especially when you have a couple of rumoured bad eggs in the camp, such as Hallet and Igbinidion.

Well DF can't disagree with none of that.

Archived