Sun 3 Feb: Betfred Championship Round 1 Match Thread 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Yep , and you feel there’s only so many gifts they can offer up before ones gonna be taken . For all that Toronto look really clunky . Especially mccrone and mellor

Must be frustrating as they're not helping themselves 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Leigh leading Toulouse must be a bit of a shock. Could make for a lot closer season than people were thinking a month or so back.

Great win for Leigh. Plenty of quality in their side of course.  Championship will be a great season once again.

Interesting results today

Leigh beating Toulouse - didn't see that coming! Sheffield absolutely smashing Swinton - looks like a long season for Swinton! And a great win for Barrow at Batley.

I didn't think Toronto looked all that hot to be honest, although they got the job done in the end. York won't be anyones pushovers this year either.

I expected us to have a really close one with Featherstone, and it was. Glad we played them at the start of the season, because they are only going to improve as the season goes on.

Full Tme scores:

Batley 18:22 Barrow
Bradford 17:16 Featherstone
Leigh 24:16 Toulouse
Sheffield 64:10 Swinton
Widnes 40:16 Halifax
York City 0:14 Toronto

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Interesting results today

Leigh beating Toulouse - didn't see that coming! Sheffield absolutely smashing Swinton - looks like a long season for Swinton! And a great win for Barrow at Batley.

I didn't think Toronto looked all that hot to be honest, although they got the job done in the end. York won't be anyones pushovers this year either.

I expected us to have a really close one with Featherstone, and it was. Glad we played them at the start of the season, because they are only going to improve as the season goes on.

Too early to make predictions but feels like Champs gonna be close. 

Just in from chilly Bootham Crescent. Great defensive effort from York. I thought Toronto were very ordinary. Admittedly, the home team never really looked like scoring, but I suspect James Ford's men will be too good for a number of opponents in this division. I can see York finishing mid-table. Admission was £17 (£2 up on last season) and a 26-page programme sold for £3 (a quid more than 2018). The crowd wasn't announced. Over 2,500, I'd have thought.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, Harry Stottle said:

Can't do that K'man, I will be at the LSV watching Leigh v Tolouse.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2019/02/02/download-the-match-day-magazine-for-free-match-day-information/

A present for you friend, Leigh's matchday magazine for tomorrow, actually there is some interesting bits in there. 

Click on the link to download once you open the page.

Congrats on the big win today Harry!   I think the magazines is a real winner and enjoyed it...that crowd sure looked good in York today Harry...lots of Wolfpack supporters wearing Club gear in the crowd.

Looks like Leigh is on the rebound and restocking for another run.

I say....can't wait for the game in a few weeks time!

21 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Great win for Leigh. Plenty of quality in their side of course.  Championship will be a great season once again.

I wasn`t expecting todays win against TO but it was a fantastic display from Leigh.Solid performances all over the park including a MOM for Jack Ashworth,this lad is class,as is Josh Woods.Early doors but it could be a better season than could`ve been forecast a few months ago. 

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

The York game was a real good one and both sides looked very strong for the opener....Championship is going to be wolf fight this year: no doubt.

Pack now 1-0.

"Run With The Pack!"

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Congrats on the big win today Harry!   I think the magazines is a real winner and enjoyed it...that crowd sure looked good in York today Harry...lots of Wolfpack supporters wearing Club gear in the crowd.

Looks like Leigh is on the rebound and restocking for another run.

I say....can't wait for the game in a few weeks time!

Cheers K'man, glad you enjoyed the mag, obviously not seen the York game as yet was at the LSV, must say I couldn't be happier with todays performance if I won the national lottery.

58 minutes ago, leaguefan13 said:

Anyone know any of the attendances ? 

2,518 at York.

Something worth mentioning: fans leaving Bootham Crescent this evening were given flyers advertising details of York's next home game - against Barrow on February 17 - with the club's full 2019 fixture list on the back. I can't think of any other clubs that do this.

Archived