Sun 3 Mar: SL: London Broncos v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm (Matchday Sponsor: Rugby League World!)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/19 at 15:00

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that is a surprise.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

Don't want to take anything away from London, but Wigan have real problems.

Like having 4 first choice forwards and 3 wingers missing?

The 2 positions that are not in the roster are hooker and scrum half.  But, admittedly not seen the game, overwhelmingly they need to practice their skills. Like holding on to the ball. Were Warrington and Wigan practicing against each other last week?

14 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

When Wigan were getting 4k at home in 1980 when they went down, should the same have applied then? What about when Hull didn't make SL, should lesser supported team be swapped?

London in SL and staying there is far more important than 2-3k more fans every other weekend in the long run, and wanting a team to stay up over others is pretty normal fayre amongst fans,

How long have London been moving around, from ground to ground. They literally have no fan base. Can’t keep pandering to them just because they’re in the capital city. There’s a very small appetite for rugby league in London. As much as people don’t like it, it’s pretty much a fact

3 minutes ago, snapski said:

How long have London been moving around, from ground to ground. They literally have no fan base. Can’t keep pandering to them just because they’re in the capital city. There’s a very small appetite for rugby league in London. As much as people don’t like it, it’s pretty much a fact

Last time I checked the team relegated will be the one with the lowest number of points, not the smallest fan base.

10 minutes ago, snapski said:

They turned up, they are solvent and they won against last season's champions. Bradford Bulls were nilled by Tolouse today, at home.  What logic are you saying your basis is on?

The stand out fixture today of course is that Widnes played at all.

35 minutes ago, snapski said:

So a team with 1k fans to stay up and a team with 3,4 or 5 times more to go down. Might as well pack the game in now.

Now now, Wigan's crowds haven't fallen that far.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Congrats to London, that's 2 wins more than I thought they would get, but what do I know after nearly 60 years watching the game, at least I don't back my misjudgement with money. Looks like they will be competitive at home and puts pressure on some of the others around the bottom, and no I have no problem with their pitch which no doubt be raised by others, it's the way forward especially for some of the smaller club's, if its good enough for the NFL then its good enough for RL?

I was there as a Wigan fan. London deserved to win. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Trailfinders ground on my first visit. 

Luckily I only have to go six or so miles home. Glad I don t have nearly 200 miles back to Lancashire.

Well done London,what a great result for them,as for Wigan it starting to look like Wane's ability to get the best out of some average players has masked Leneghan's and Radlinski's flawed policies,could be a long old season for us Wigan fans.

28 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Like having 4 first choice forwards and 3 wingers missing?

London are to all intents and purposes a championship team. If you are clutching to excuses like that then your problems are bigger than I thought.

30 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Last time I checked the team relegated will be the one with the lowest number of points, not the smallest fan base.

Which isn’t the point I’m making. The op says it’s more important they stop up before another team, that offers so much more. You can cream yourselves all you like about London. Without fans they’re not viable.

5 minutes ago, snapski said:

You can cream yourselves all you like about London.

Thank you.

I will.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

55 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Mate lives in London said 5-6 Wigan lads still in a bar at 11pm last night having a right sesh. 

It obviously wrecked 'em.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

8 minutes ago, snapski said:

Which isn’t the point I’m making. The op says it’s more important they stop up before another team, that offers so much more. You can cream yourselves all you like about London. Without fans they’re not viable.

Yeah they should be relegated on attendances and replaced by viable clubs,maybe Bradford,Widnes or Leigh.

1 hour ago, snapski said:

So a team with 1k fans to stay up and a team with 3,4 or 5 times more to go down. Might as well pack the game in now.

What a silly comment. If you want P&R that's what happens. We tried a closed shop and fans didn't like that either. 

But then Rugby fans don't like very much TBH 

I’m struggling to work out what Lam has done to our defence. It’s awful. Wane had defence as his top priority and it worked well.  Can’t understand the very odd team selections either. Could be a long season for us!

Archived