Sign in to follow this  
saintspete83

Barcelona record crowd?

You’d have to hope that such a relatively small number of tickets can be shifted before Saturday by hook or crook so that the record can be broken. Depending on the validity of the original record in the first place 😉

I think that crowd would fairly reflect the promotion that’s been done around it.

What frustrates me is that with a longer build up, schools work, and more marketing towards FCB fans this should have been a 30k+ crowd. 

I’d have given free tickets to all schools within 30minutes of the stadium. 

I agree !

38 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

All these bloody people on here boasting about going to Barcelona, well let me tell you something! I'm off down wilko later! Yeah, now who's jealous?! 

Feel your pain, I'm in work now....

…. but catching a flight a tea time 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

All these bloody people on here boasting about going to Barcelona, well let me tell you something! I'm off down wilko later! Yeah, now who's jealous?! 

Blackpool for us, and we might see some better Rugby than those heading to Spain!

Worry not those staying put in blighty, we are sat here in Barcelona watching cats & dogs fall from the sky. It is peeing it down. 

• Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 minutes ago, Padge said:

Worry not those staying put in blighty, we are sat here in Barcelona watching cats & dogs fall from the sky. It is peeing it down. 

I m in my hotel wondering how long the rain will last. I ll go out at 1200. Tetuan metro station is about 200 metres so should only get a bit wet.

Anybody interested in culture. It s free in all the museums tomorrow but you have to reserve a ticket in advance

I m going to the Picasso museum at 1230 then set off for Camp Nou about 1530. Most museums are open until 11pm tomorrow so I may go to the Catalunyan national art museum after the game and then a few beers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Padge said:

Fortunately there are very many great bars and restaurants in that wonderful city. #stilljealous

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

The weather is attrocious in Barcelona today, and is forecast to be so the next few days, and this is bound to impact the crowd.

Forecast looks good after today. 19 degrees and sunny/cloudy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Forecast looks good after today. 19 degrees and sunny/cloudy

Hopefully you are right, unfortunately all the forecasts I have seen are a lot more pessimistic and I don't have the clothes with me to cope with the downpours haha!

• Haha 1

So the corner between the Wigan and Catalan fans has been put on General Sale, and there is less than 50-odd tickets available.  

On the Grandstand side, all of the second level is now sold out (Bays 201 - 210) whilst there is really strong sales on the third Level between Bays 302 - 308.

On the opposite side, around 50% of the available tickets have been moved between Bays 228 - 234, whilst there are also some reasonable sales on Level 3 on that side, although also a number of Bays on that Level which look like they'll be covered and thus are not on sale.

Behind Wigan's end, there is around 40% of available tickets sold between 241 - 248, whilst the other end of the field, about a third of the lower bowl tickets between 116 - 123 have been moved... 

If that's only 23,500 tickets, then it is going to look alright on TV as there will be a decent number of people in the lower bowl, plus then people up to Level 3 near the halfway points on the sidelines, with the lower bowl in both those seconds packed and one end of the ground packed. 

signature.jpg

I would absolutely love for this to be a success story - the game needs it to be, 

Who knows, where this one game may take us? It would be lovely if this was an annual event - or maybe a magic weekend event?

• Like 1

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Here now weather was a bit wet from Gerona, but brightened up a little.

Spotted in Leeds Airport, Konrad Hurrell, Stevie Ward (who was on our flight) and one Mr Ellery Hanley.

4 hours ago, Damien said:

The weather is attrocious in Barcelona today, and is forecast to be so the next few days, and this is bound to impact the crowd.

Reasonable forecast for tomorrow but how will poor weather impact the crowd?I m sure anybody who has travelled from the UK or France will turn up no matter what!