Derek Beaumont please crawl back under the rock you came from

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Parksider said:

It suits the likes of you to pretend you cannot find a “source” and to needle me for one. It took me a few seconds to source this….” On the club's structure ...Perez: The RFL voted unanimously to allow us to enter the league. We will be working with the CRL to develop a strong talent pool. The team is privately owned -- the majority owners being myself and David Argyle. Our owners are in this for the long haul. Our goal is to build a competitive Super League level club from day 1 but also focus on investing in player development here in Canada so that we can build our homegrown talent”. 

For goodness sake man grow up, and face the reality TWP failed on their own Criteria……

Toronto Wolfpack are fairly harmless as they stand. They are also pointless on their own as Perez said himself (look it up Moove?)

The plan was, is, and will always be the conversion of and English League to a Transatlantic league. So why not stop twisting things and go do a poll in Castleford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Leigh, Bradford, Widnes, etc and ask them if they want to see six English Superleague clubs removed and replaced by six North American clubs who will take the six redundant English squads, and as McManus said on behalf of Superleague "dress them up in North American Jerseys"

I await your usual ?reply because you can't actually articulate a proper reply.

You were told by the Superleague chairmen NA clubs replacing English clubs would badly impact on SKY subs. But for nigh on 3 years 20 people on here are in complete denial of reality. North America isn't the future. No American players, no American Investors, No American TV deals and No world cup there to promote it and North America 99.9% Rugby Union.

Here we go, another stonewall "fact" supported by nothing much at all. Your reply wasn't created through any analysis or original thought, you've simply repeated the nonsense of half a dozen others on here who think saying something like this makes it true.

Why not come out of the bubble and ask fans if they want to see a Transatlantic League of the totally phoney type I describe above that was called out by the Superleague bosses themselves? Having had the pleasure of being at Odsal on Saturday and having heard so many people say Bradford Bulls must be the club we need back in Superleague why don't to get your clipboard and go round the fans and ask "If you could pick a club to be put in Superleague now would it be Toronto Wolfpack or Bradford Bulls?" and see what they say?

Or maybe the more universal question "Would you like to see Huddersfield, Castleford, Hull.K.R, Wakefield, Salford and London removed from Superleague and replaced by Toronto, Ottawa, New York and three more North American clubs we can't actually name because they do not exist," and see how that poll goes??

If the reply is "no" you would be able to then discuss with them face to face how this plan is actually "expansion".

hysteria. There more interest in twp than any other rugby club in either code in north America. Bradford great there won a game v leeds maybe lets not get ahead of themselves.

I am for toulouse always have been now there using stade toulousain ground there no reason to let them in is there they attracted 7 thousand to game v twp. 

I can't see a large scale takeover from us as game won't allow it, unless they pay there own way. 

On 12/05/2019 at 08:03, The Parksider said:

No, you did say that but you also told me you could sell £10K worth of tickets to SL games to non-fans, which was the kind of boast that would give anyone away. You lead the "pack" of 20 people on here including the gentleman above who keep shouting that  the game needs to market itself and all will be well. As I have always said why don't we pop over the the Leeds Commercial department and I'll introduce you to Gary and the team and you can make your boast face to face. No bedroom, no keyboard...

Again, another swing and a miss. You're confusing marketing with sales. 

Sales is about making people by stuff. Marketing is about making stuff people want to buy. Give me a £10k investment to develop a proposition and take it to market, and I'll do that. That's not a keyboard boast, it's how I pay my mortgage. 

The game isn't marketed well. We have a proposition that isn't registering with large parts of the general public and we're not doing an awful lot to address that. Simply shouting "this is TGG" and insisting that the people who can't see that are the stupid ones isn't going to work. 

For what it's worth, I've got no problem talking to the Leeds commercial department. Leeds Rhinos have actually been a client of one of my employers in the past - we were both happy with the relationship we had. If Leeds want to work we me again then I'll happily take the call and provide them with my rate card. 

Your derogatory comments on Leigh and Widnes gave you away yesterday,

My comments about Leigh and Widnes aren't derogatory in the slightest - they're based on evidence. Leigh and Widnes are ALREADY part of the TV deal. Sky have the right to show Leigh and Widnes as much as they like. The fact that they don't suggests that Sky doesn't see any value in showing their fixtures. That's either because they don't pull in enough viewers, they don't pull in enough advertisers, or (more likely) a combination of both. 

You were the one who made the baseless claim that we "need" Leigh and Widnes to enhance the TV deal. It's not derogatory to point out the evidence that shows such thinking to be seriously flawed. All you have to back-up that assertion is an unreferenced claim that some Super League chairmen have said that Sky subscriptions would go down. Stop and think for a second why some might be tempted to make that claim. 

and my visit to Odsal that was breathtaking, gave me a glimpse of the future and yes it is a continuation of 123 proud years of Rugby League 

One thing I do agree with you on is the event at Odsal on Saturday. The sport does need more of that sort of event, where big clubs play in front of big crowds in tense games and atmospheres, than it does endless cycles of repetitive loop fixtures. 

Which kind of brings us back to the start of this conversation. This came about because I compared the approaches of Argyle and Andrew Carter. My argument is that people like Carter want to take what little jam we have and see how thinly they can spread it, whereas people like Argyle want to find ways to get more jam. A Leeds v Braford derby, live on FTA television, is a massive dollop of jam for the sport. Toronto Wolfpack has the potential to be even bigger. 

Adding Leigh and Widnes to a TV deal and three-four annual installments of Wakefield v Salford is anything but. 

3 hours ago, The Parksider said:

On the club's structure ...Perez: The RFL voted unanimously to allow us to enter the league. We will be working with the CRL to develop a strong talent pool. The team is privately owned -- the majority owners being myself and David Argyle. Our owners are in this for the long haul. Our goal is to build a competitive Super League level club from day 1 but also focus on investing in player development here in Canada so that we can build our homegrown talent”. 

For goodness sake man grow up, and face the reality TWP failed on their own Criteria……

Why not come out of the bubble and ask fans if they want to see a Transatlantic League of the totally phoney type I describe above that was called out by the Superleague bosses themselves? Having had the pleasure of being at Odsal on Saturday and having heard so many people say Bradford Bulls must be the club we need back in Superleague why don't to get your clipboard and go round the fans and ask "If you could pick a club to be put in Superleague now would it be Toronto Wolfpack or Bradford Bulls?" and see what they say?

This appears to have gone off-thread,somewhat.

Mr Perez may have stated the above but the Director of Rugby,Brian Noble MBE,was,I believe,tasked with delivering more rugby league players for the club.He does seem to spend more time in England,nay,more time with the BBC,than he does in Canada.Perhaps this is why the North american young athletes aren't entering the sport.Mr Perez has moved from Toronto to Ottawa.

Perhaps the plethora of journalists/reporters at Odsal could have got round to asking Mr Noble MBE how things were developing in that direction?

Over the 120+ years of rugby Bradford have had the club in the top division.In recent years they seem to have been run by people commonly referred to,in euphemistic terms as 'chancers'.

With being in the top league/recently Super League,this allows the club to have all 3 generations of families to 'support' the club - grandparents - parents - children,and this support can be sustained during short periods where success is not achieved.

Clubs outside of Super League - expansion clubs et al.do not have this 'support' of familial following or the money allocated to the clubs in the top league.

Asking the fans would be an unfair action - unless they hopped on a plane to Toronto!

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

One thing I do agree with you on is the event at Odsal on Saturday. The sport does need more of that sort of event, where big clubs play in front of big crowds in tense games and atmospheres, than it does endless cycles of repetitive loop fixtures. 

Which kind of brings us back to the start of this conversation. This game about because I compared the approaches of Argyle and Andrew Carter. My argument is that people like Carter want to take what little jam we have and see how thinly they can spread it, whereas people like Argyle want to find ways to get more jam. A Leeds v Braford derby, live on FTA television, is a massive dollop of jam for the sport. Toronto Wolfpack has the potential to be even bigger. 

Adding Leigh and Widnes to a TV deal and three-four annual installments of Wakefield v Salford is anything but. 

This weekend has been great and the game yesterday was brilliant too, problem is we'll see it again in 2 weeks time, then again a bit later, and already seen it once this year and is there another one? maybe the play offs if Wigan get their act together.. and so on.. If we can get to home and away + (possible) play off + (possible) challenge cup that is better but not perfect.. the less these teams play each other the more they mean when they do and the more a "grudge" can be built up from the last match (they will do their best with the magic weekend as a "revenge" i am sure but it wont be the same).

to do that we need more teams though... but to do that we need more money... that isnt coming from re hashing what we have been doing for 120+ years.

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

Raleigh.. Two seater bought from Radcliffes in LEIGH.. No longer there now. I guess you'll follow the similar suit.

Guess you never been down the CUT?

I see your knowledge on watercraft is about equal to your knowledge of RL...can't say that I'm surprised.  I've been down many a 'rock cut' in both rapids and mountain biking.   Rapids is much more thrilling but they are both fun...thing is we actually have real mountains over here, not those small hills you call mountains over there. 

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I see your knowledge on watercraft is about equal to your knowledge of RL...can't say that I'm surprised.  I've been down many a 'rock cut' in both rapids and mountain biking.   Rapids is much more thrilling but they are both fun...thing is we actually have real mountains over here, not those small hills you call mountains over there. 

What are you on aboot?

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No mountains in Leigh K'man, it is as flat as a pancake, except of course for the man made hillocks made from the debris of our coal mining heritage going back hundreds of years, you know to a time when most of the world had not even woke to civilisation and that includes the big land mass on the other side of the Atlantic.

Just saying! 

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No mountains in Leigh K'man, it is as flat as a pancake, except of course for the man made hillocks made from the debris of our coal mining heritage going back hundreds of years, you know to a time when most of the world had not even woke to civilisation and that includes the big land mass on the other side of the Atlantic.

Just saying! 

Harry, so much to learn...so little time.  

Ever hear of the Incas?...ever hear of the Mayans?....there were many different civilizations on the go over here long before your coal mines.

You need to start to fact check.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

K'man, the kayaks that were used to go down the Dudh Kosi (the river running from Everest) in 1977 were built at Pyranha's factory in Warrington.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

2 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

K'man, the kayaks that were used to go down the Dudh Kosi (the river running from Everest) in 1977 were built at Pyranha's factory in Warrington.

Good to hear!  Those little river running Pyranhas are lots of fun...I"m more of a sea kayak man meself. Our kayaks over here have an older design.

greensland.jpg

6 hours ago, SL17 said:

Toronto did invest in player development. Do you not remember the trials that came to a sudden halt? Why did the trials stop?

What is the point in putting a Rugby ball in kids hands! If you’re not willing to pursue the original plan. 

Perez sold it and the RFL bought it. Hence Perez’s withdrawal from TWP to pursue Ottawa with basically the same game plan.

Oh absolutely. I do remember those trials and I do wonder what the substance is behind 'putting the ball in kids hands' is.

However that isn't the point being made. All I'm trying to get out of @The Parksider is where on earth this 'criteria for eventual entry into SL' is. Does this apply just to foreign clubs, new clubs, all clubs, just Toronto? So far all I can find is this $0.5m they had to pay to get into the league structure (not SL) and some recent interviews with Elstone about how foreign clubs need to have a positive impact on broadcast and sponsorship value to be admitted.

For a claim that gets repeated so often it really shouldn't be this bloomin' difficult.

1 hour ago, Moove said:

Oh absolutely. I do remember those trials and I do wonder what the substance is behind 'putting the ball in kids hands' is.

However that isn't the point being made. All I'm trying to get out of @The Parksider is where on earth this 'criteria for eventual entry into SL' is. Does this apply just to foreign clubs, new clubs, all clubs, just Toronto? So far all I can find is this $0.5m they had to pay to get into the league structure (not SL) and some recent interviews with Elstone about how foreign clubs need to have a positive impact on broadcast and sponsorship value to be admitted.

For a claim that gets repeated so often it really shouldn't be this bloomin' difficult.

Parky often gets facts and opinions mixed up. Perhaps in his mind they are one and the same, although I certainly wouldn't presume to comprehend the workings of his mind.

I don't know whether anybody else feels the same way, but I tend to cringe when I see this thread title move up to the top of the board.

I feel we need to be more careful in choosing thread titles, which conventionally might be a question or topic title informing the reader of the likely content.

In this case, I believe this thread title could easily be interpreted as an abusive comment towards a particular individual. In my eyes, it's an embarrassment to the site, it's not grown up... and if it was the intention of the initiator, it's actually not clever.

Others may of course disagree.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Kayakman there seems to be some confusion. In the UK the term ‘cut’ is a northern term for a canal.

12 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Never heard of it.

me neither....over here it refers to a rock cut, usually made by running water or glaciation.

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

I understand what it is but I’ve lived in the north all of my life but I’ve never heard the expression before.

It’s only used in areas where there are no train stations.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Archived