Welcome Chris Thorman

dkw

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/05/2019 at 10:16, Town utd said:

Just my opinion,agree with thorman being a good caliber of coach,but if it's short term,might as well left Wilkes in charge and look for a coach who's going to be here long term and build town for the future.

Assuming Ollie wanted the gig

Well worth a listen to his interview on the podcast on our league app. Shoots down the rumour of players not playing because of Leon leaving and identifies how it should be a local based team. Every interview I hear just makes me hope that he is here longer than the end of this season. Interview starts somewhere around 12 or 13 minutes in. 

3 hours ago, IanMac said:

Well worth a listen to his interview on the podcast on our league app. Shoots down the rumour of players not playing because of Leon leaving and identifies how it should be a local based team. Every interview I hear just makes me hope that he is here longer than the end of this season. Interview starts somewhere around 12 or 13 minutes in. 

Was excellent . Thinking about it that claim in the media is pretty damning ... should have been an apology and retraction 

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Was excellent . Thinking about it that claim in the media is pretty damning ... should have been an apology and retraction 

Very true David. It makes you wonder what goes on when a story like that is put out. The way Thorman dismissed it you could tell he wasn’t happy about it either. 

Just spoke to my cousin and he tells me that Ian Rooney is head coach next year, don’t think he’s the right choice if true from what he tells me he’s run his course at the brow and his methods are dated 

21 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

Just spoke to my cousin and he tells me that Ian Rooney is head coach next year, don’t think he’s the right choice if true from what he tells me he’s run his course at the brow and his methods are dated 

Are you not away with work? what a melt

28 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

From everyone I've spoken to they all say the complete opposite of him and they are gutted we are meant to be getting him but say he is a great coach. Bit of fishing going on by the sound of it Big Yin? Given your obvious wealth of knowledge, who would you appoint as the next Town coach assuming Chris Thorman is leaving of course?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

44 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

From everyone I've spoken to they all say the complete opposite of him and they are gutted we are meant to be getting him but say he is a great coach. Bit of fishing going on by the sound of it Big Yin? Given your obvious wealth of knowledge, who would you appoint as the next Town coach assuming Chris Thorman is leaving of course?

Exactly. And why would we plan for next season when so much needs put in place to rescue this one? Bit of stiring going on I think

3 hours ago, Big Yin said:

The brow are top of the league? This forums getting worse for numptys like ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I get the feeling big yin knows his cousin really, really well.. If you know what I mean. 

That's unacceptably judgemental mate. Being in possession of extra toes is no reason to damn a person..............cue duelling banjoes soundtrack from the "Deliverance" movie.........

7 hours ago, Big Yin said:

Pillow talk? 

Ian Rooney’s methods are far from dated I know that he’s always evolving and picking up new ideas you can’t have the longevity he has had without doing so. 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Back to topic heading. Welcome to your 1st home game Chris. Forget about next season . Chris has got the  past experience, with coaching the Giants etc. If he can turn this club. Round and get promotion. There only 1 man for the job next season( subject to terms).  Let's get behind the club players etc. We need out of this league.

10 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

It’s true he told the Brow players on the weekend. 

Watched the brow against kells on Saturday if Rooney takes over at town there was 4 players who would excel in this league if they follow him Taylor, Teare , Dixon and Molyneux all quality players.

3 hours ago, donald said:

Watched the brow against kells on Saturday if Rooney takes over at town there was 4 players who would excel in this league if they follow him Taylor, Teare , Dixon and Molyneux all quality players.

Ellison Holgate is the pick of the Brow players id want at Town. Molyneux is good but very small for a prop forward

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, gillmeister said:

Ellison Holgate is the pick of the Brow players id want at Town. Molyneux is good but very small for a prop forward

Moly fantastic player and a has a good engine, but  as you say Gilly to small

Archived