Dr Marwan

I think he’s a vile vulgar human. His rants and abuse on Twitter, which he’d blame on drinking, could border on personal attacks. I’m sure he often used to remark about Nigel Wood’s weight. 

His celebrating of Salford’s Super League survival and the waving of a fake cheque around was ghastly. It was his incompetence that they were there. 

He’s the last person I’d want involved in my club and Rugby League. 

Commiserations to the side who end up with him. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Big Picture said:

He'd have a problem there: how to get Liverpudlians to take an interest in it.

Saints have a development programme for the Liverpool area for years but have made little progress. Football is so utterly dominant in the city that no matter how much money Koucash throws at it he stands little chance of building a genuinely big club.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

12 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Getting rid of Noble was a good idea, he is spent as a coach. The mistake was appointing Harris.

I admit I thought appointing Watson was a mistake just thought it was doing on the cheap.  Shows how wrong \I was.

I think nobby offered the stability Salford needed at the time, so much change so quickly unsettled the team imo 

37 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints have a development programme for the Liverpool area for years but have made little progress. Football is so utterly dominant in the city that no matter how much money Koucash throws at it he stands little chance of building a genuinely big club.

Out of interest do you know what they’ve been doing in the Liverpool area? I know of one club, the Lions, and I don’t think they’re affiliated to Saints (could be wrong though). I’d have thought places like Prescot, Maghull and Ormskirk might be better targets than the city itself, maybe even southport as they’re least scouse and possibly more open minded. 

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I think he’s a vile vulgar human. His rants and abuse on Twitter, which he’d blame on drinking, could border on personal attacks. I’m sure he often used to remark about Nigel Wood’s weight. 

His celebrating of Salford’s Super League survival and the waving of a fake cheque around was ghastly. It was his incompetence that they were there. 

You are wrong on each and every point, in my view. Vile and vulgar human is an objectionable and offensive  comment. 

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

You are wrong on each and every point, in my view. Vile and vulgar human is an objectionable and offensive  comment. 

In your opinion. 

Theres nothing incorrect about him openly admitting tweeting when drinking and his abuse of Nigel Wood’s weight. 

It was, in my view, vile and vulgar to abuse a man based on his weight. His incompetence in his job role, fine, highlight that but don’t personally attack someone who you don’t agree with because of their weight. 

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Yet he never questioned the impartiality of referees.

He is also friends with Nigel Wood and it was friendly banter.

It was Nigel Wood who informed him about rugby league,and informed him about the situation at Salford.

It is the fact that he can so easily 'wind up' rugby league followers that he continues to do it.

There are some that have finally 'got it'.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Out of interest do you know what they’ve been doing in the Liverpool area? I know of one club, the Lions, and I don’t think they’re affiliated to Saints (could be wrong though). I’d have thought places like Prescot, Maghull and Ormskirk might be better targets than the city itself, maybe even southport as they’re least scouse and possibly more open minded. 

I don't think they've affiliated with any of the amateur clubs but i'm aware of plenty of publicity events they've run across Liverpool which have included some of these clubs.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

5 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What does that make some posters on this forum? I can think of several that are just as bad and hide behind their anonymity.

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

In your opinion. 

Theres nothing incorrect about him openly admitting tweeting when drinking and his abuse of Nigel Wood’s weight. 

It was, in my view, vile and vulgar to abuse a man based on his weight. His incompetence in his job role, fine, highlight that but don’t personally attack someone who you don’t agree with because of their weight. 

No. Its out of order for you to come on here to use that sort of language about anyone. 

He just has a bit of fun with it and think he did his best at Salford and put his money where his mouth was.  Unlike a lot of fans, whose money remains firmly in their pocket because they don't like the loos/paying £5 for the car park/GB's selection policy/playing on Thursdays/whatever.  Yeah it's a bit vulgar sometimes but it's in jest.

On 09/10/2019 at 02:13, Big Picture said:

He'd have a problem there: how to get Liverpudlians to take an interest in it.

Change the name of Widnes to Liverpool, and everyone will flock to see them, because of the name change. Isn't that how it works?

OH, only in Manchester you say?

I also found his comments about Nigel Wood to be vile and vulgar and, towards the end of his Salford reign when he started losing the plot, his comments about Catalans and Toronto were hypocritical and idiotic.

However it is undeniable that he deserves credit for where Salford are. The club wouldn't exist without him.

On 09/10/2019 at 12:14, tuutaisrambo said:

Seems like a decent bloke to me........even though he looks like Ming the Merciless

Yeah too true and looking like Ming was an extra great trait to have!

And you only have to be moving and breathing to upset TGG fans so saying anything was always going to get him in trouble.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Think the game needs rich benefactors of his ilk. Believe from a Salford fan that he was badly advised when he was involved at that club.

Not optimistic of the future of the game at professional level in terms of the next Sky deal. My intention is not to be pessimistic and I genuinely hope that I am wrong but maybe the game will revert to a part time one at top level in the next decade.

Thoughts anyone?

On 08/10/2019 at 16:57, tuutaisrambo said:

Think he's joining forces with Derek at Leigh isn't he?

I really thought that was on a couple of years ago Rambo, they both popped into a local in Leigh and they happened to stand next to me, I asked the Doc when are you coming to Leigh, pointing at DJB he said when he will have me, I said to Derek when are you going to invite him, he said he know's he can come whenever he wants to.

I wish he would come.

On 08/10/2019 at 18:36, graveyard johnny said:

a foul individual with his own interest at heart that  left his latest toy to die- well done Salford on their own merits 

On 08/10/2019 at 18:53, Krzzystuff said:

he will take credit for their success.

You both do know he has since he left Salford, he has still be financing some player's saleries.

On 08/10/2019 at 19:47, Fuzzy said:

Yes he was badly advised and signed some talented yet troubled players, imo getting rid of Nobby was a mistake. 

I don't think he would make the same mistakes again, I'm sure he would do far better next time round and could be good for a sleeping giant or new club if the background was right 

You nean the same Nobby that inherited a team from Matthew Elliott, then went to Wigan and didnt last there long, completely messed up the Crusaders and caused their demise,  then onto Salford where as head coach he advised the money man who to buy and that team went bosoms up as well, he wasn't got rid of at Salford he was just no good as the coach, Marwan made him Director of Rugby and promoted Iestyn Harriss to head coach, Noble left of his own fruition.

Gt Britain were at their lowest since the early 80's in the '04 to '06 years under his leadership.

I will give him one thing though, he can talk a good game. 

Archived