Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Netherlands ask to host a Toronto Home game in 2020

34 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

They used Hull KR this year, didn’t they? Saracens possibly because they won’t be able to use London Skolars, maybe Newcastle to tie in with a Thunder game. 

Saracens are limited to 16 events per year, I think - one of the few planning restrictions applied. after they were allowed to develop a stadium within the London green belt. I suppose if it's a double-header, that probably wouldn't matter.

36 minutes ago, Smiling Assassin said:

Hope they organize a game over here in Czech Republic. 

You’ve said it now, Scotchy & Co will be adding the Brno Bears to their world city league as we speak. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JonM said:

Saracens are limited to 16 events per year, I think - one of the few planning restrictions applied. after they were allowed to develop a stadium within the London green belt. I suppose if it's a double-header, that probably wouldn't matter.

Is that Saracens locked into 16 events or 16 events regardless of whose events they are? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

You’ve said it now, Scotchy & Co will be adding the Brno Bears to their world city league as we speak. 

Cheap Ryanair daily flights Stansted Brno. 😊. Makes a change to the Stag n Hen Capital Prague. And don’t forget the Mikulov Squirrels to the World City league

10 hours ago, Smiling Assassin said:

Hope they organize a game over here in Czech Republic. 

TWP are willing to organize games where ever they can do so realistically.  But the primary need is that the opponent in question has to be in agreement. So Czech Republic would be a real stretch S.A.  I wouldn't count on it.   It would seem to me that none of the SL teams even want to entertain a short jaunt across to the Netherlands.  Lordy, Lordy, they sure do have a teeny weenie comfort zone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

Cheap Ryanair daily flights Stansted Brno. 😊. Makes a change to the Stag n Hen Capital Prague. And don’t forget the Mikulov Squirrels to the World City league 

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Always seem to promise such bold things but end up delivering with Craven Park and London Skolars. 

Would hope games in the UK are London, the North East and somewhere a little different, say York or Sheffield. 

You couldn't hold a SL game at Sheffield Eagles ground, and holding one at Bramall Lane would be quite an ambitious move.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Always seem to promise such bold things but end up delivering with Craven Park and London Skolars. 

Would hope games in the UK are London, the North East and somewhere a little different, say York or Sheffield. 

Sheffield or York in a double header with an Eagles or CK’s home game would be great. 

According to League Express the 3 games in England will be 1 double header with an unnamed Super League Club, 1 double header with a championship club (expected to be York) and a double header with a premiership union club.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if Leeds were the SL club. Multiple changing rooms, a number of clubs relatively close by and a desire to host more events at the ground.

Edited by Tommygilf

Just now, JonM said:

You couldn't hold a SL game at Sheffield Eagles ground, and holding one at Bramall Lane would be quite an ambitious move.

Worth a go, it might bring the Eagles back into the Sheffield public’s attention and if Toronto were playing say Leeds there would be a good away following. I’d go, and I live nearly 200 miles away. 

1 minute ago, JonM said:

We've held Championship matches at Bramall lane in the past, and Super league so I dont see it being that ambitious.. If they are prepared to pay the hire costs they'll get it.. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Worth a go, it might bring the Eagles back into the Sheffield public’s attention and if Toronto were playing say Leeds there would be a good away following. I’d go, and I live nearly 200 miles away. 

i'd go but i live about 2.5 miles away.. not quite as impressive i grant you but thats at least 2 of us and i recon my boy would come so thats 3... i can carry a couple of cardboard cut outs and a blow up doll... if you can do the same we're up to about 9-12.. this is easy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s a bit boring from a fan’s point of view if they take a game to another Super League ground. 

The Championship one is hopefully York. Wouldn’t mind Sheffield either. Could see it being London, as Toronto have used Skolars in the past but their ground is not good enough for Super League.

The Rugby Union one is interesting. Coventry perhaps, with a Wasps game? I hope it’s not the Saints game moved to a Union ground.

8 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s a bit boring from a fan’s point of view if they take a game to another Super League ground. 

The Championship one is hopefully York. Wouldn’t mind Sheffield either. Could see it being London, as Toronto have used Skolars in the past but their ground is not good enough for Super League.

The Rugby Union one is interesting. Coventry perhaps, with a Wasps game? I hope it’s not the Saints game moved to a Union ground.

Sale could be another option, or one of the London Clubs

Carrow Road would be a good choice, people could tie it in with Broads Holidays and trips to the seaside. I’ll email David Argyle now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

According to League Express the 3 games in England will be 1 double header with an unnamed Super League Club, 1 double header with a championship club (expected to be York) and a double header with a premiership union club.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if Leeds were the SL club. Multiple changing rooms, a number of clubs relatively close by and a desire to host more events at the ground.

Not sure the logistics but surely the only sensible "double header" would be at the KC stadium with TO playing Rovers. I suppose it just depends on the draw timings

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jarv said:

Not sure the logistics but surely the only sensible "double header" would be at the KC stadium with TO playing Rovers. I suppose it just depends on the draw timings

Yeah I guess that is fair enough as well.

Hope if it’s a double header at York it’s a curtain raiser to the main event

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward