HawkMan

Why doesn't this thread exist?...oh it does now!

Surprised no one started this before now. The dastardly deed was committed over twelve hours ago. No one here watched the FA Cup draw last night, fair enough, I did though out of genuine interest, but also because Tony Adams was doing the draw and I wanted to see if RL.got a mention. When Mark Chapman introduced him and mentioned the charity work he does, then BINGO, yes RL.would get mentioned, or so I thought. But no! Adams talked about an FA initiative that he's involved in about mental health, very worthy, but no RL recognition even though he does similar work there too, and Chapman a RL presenter would know of this. I don't usually go for a conspiracy theory to ignore RL.but this seemed a tad suspicious.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

He's an ex Football player doing a Football draw, it should be no surprise that they don't mention another sport.

But they did go off topic to mention his mental health charity,and he's an ex England captain involved in RL , that surely is worth a passing mention at least. I don't necessarily expect him to pipe up about it but Chapman could have said , " great work Tony, and you spread your charity work to RL terrific" , or something similar.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

He's an ex Football player doing a Football draw, it should be no surprise that they don't mention another sport.

I think that's fair comment, and Chapman, who is a useful presenter, does football regularly as well as RL/NFL.  So no reason why he should intrude. 

54 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Surprised no one started this before now. The dastardly deed was committed over twelve hours ago. No one here watched the FA Cup draw last night, fair enough, I did though out of genuine interest, but also because Tony Adams was doing the draw and I wanted to see if RL.got a mention. When Mark Chapman introduced him and mentioned the charity work he does, then BINGO, yes RL.would get mentioned, or so I thought. But no! Adams talked about an FA initiative that he's involved in about mental health, very worthy, but no RL recognition even though he does similar work there too, and Chapman a RL presenter would know of this. I don't usually go for a conspiracy theory to ignore RL.but this seemed a tad suspicious.

There was good reason this thread didn't exist.......

I'll keep my eyes/ears peeled for next time Russell Crowe is at the Oscars and if he doesn't mention RL then that just goes to show the oppression has sadly spilt into North American, thus denying any opportunity for the game to flourish from the outset. Sad. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Is this a wind up?

BINGO! YES IT'S A WIND UP!! I carefully worded the title using" Oh , it does now" as in "oh dear" No one bit the hook, I wonder if anyone will now?! Unfortunately no one revealed the BBC/Portillo thread was a wind up. I've made my point, conspiracy theorists should get a life.

Edited by HawkMan

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

BINGO! YES IT'S A WIND UP!! I carefully worded the title using" Oh , it does now" as in "oh dear" No one bit the hook, I wonder if anyone will now?! Unfortunately no one revealed the BBC/Portillo thread was a wind up. I've made my point, conspiracy theorists should get a life.

*Slow clap* *Slow clap* *Slow clap* 

You rascal - I guess we'll all have to start getting up earlier with jokers like you about.......

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

What is your point btw?

I`m not sure what you thought you were doing with this, but its not what you did do....at all. This is pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawkMan said:

conspiracy theorists should get a life.

Did you know that Jack the Ripper and Winnie the Pooh have the same middle name ? Coincidence .... I think not 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Three posts to go...

• Like 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Not exactly a like for like comparison is it?

Had they done a feature on Tony Adams and not mentioned Arsenal, that would be more like it.

8 hours ago, HawkMan said:

It actually WAS mentioned before in another thread ...

If you go to page 3 of the "BBC again" thread you will see that I mentioned about Tony Adams doing the draw a couple of hours before it was made .... but nobody else commented on it.

Defining your sport by being a parody always a good move.

It exposed nothing and revealed less, unless you count trolling as having any significance?

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

21 hours ago, DavidM said:

Did you know that Jack the Ripper and Winnie the Pooh have the same middle name ? Coincidence .... I think not 

I knew there was something about that Bear! 

Honey eating pr*ck!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RP London said:

I knew there was something about that Bear! 

Honey eating pr*ck!

It’s a little known fact that there were traces of honey found at each murder scene ..🤔

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s a little known fact that there were traces of honey found at each murder scene ..🤔

to be honest its probably that little barsteward Piglet setting him up... eeyore has seen some things and if the police could just break him in the interrogation room they should get some great info!

• Haha 1