Sign in to follow this  
jannerboyuk

RLWC 2021 to take place at Buckingham Palace

1 hour ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

They said it was going to be an iconic venue, I mean how does Buckingham Palace stand up to Odsal Stadium?? Come on rfl you could have done better.... 😎

They are roughly the same, large sections of both are closed off to the general public. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Very good news and well done RLWC 2021 but as for the timing!? Sheesh did a RL administrator break a wizards staff at some point in the last 125 years? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/08/prince-harry-and-meghan-say-they-are-stepping-back-from-royal-family?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Haha 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

3 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Very good news and well done RLWC 2021 but as for the timing!? Sheesh did a RL administrator break a wizards staff at some point in the last 125 years? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/08/prince-harry-and-meghan-say-they-are-stepping-back-from-royal-family?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Nothing wrong with that. If anything it will provide more media focus on Harry's last formal engagements (including our draw).

• Like 5

Maybe Harry will become a proper RL fan and maybe end up as a regular poster on here. Look out for GingerWinger banging on about PC type stuff. đŸ‘đŸ»

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, RP London said:

WOW.. fantastic news and great to see having him associated with the game is having some impact.. 

(although your topic title does make it sound like the whole thing was being hosted there which would have made getting tickets a bit more interesting to be fair!)

Doh!

• Haha 1

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay ïżœ10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

So they'll be spending half of their time in the UK and half in the US? With this news breaking at the same time as the announcement of them hosting the draw, it's pretty obvious that he's jacking in the royal family to get the NYC RL club going

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Moove said:

So they'll be spending half of their time in the UK and half in the US? With this news breaking at the same time as the announcement of them hosting the draw, it's pretty obvious that he's jacking in the royal family to get the NYC RL club going

You beat me to it.

However, I have a slightly different take on this. Soon after the 2021 RLWC announcement, we hear of the couple spending half their time in the UK and the other half in North America. Harry's clearly following the Wolfpack. It will be interesting to see how their itinerary  corresponds to TWP's block fixtures schedule.

As the announcement refers to North America, I'm not discounting some involvement in New York or Ottawa's bids.

• Haha 1

I understand Meghan previously lived and worked in Toronto so I would imagine they'll be most interested in buying season tickets to watch the Wolfpack. I'll keep an eye open for them when I'm over there for the Wigan game in April.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Maybe Harry will become a proper RL fan and maybe end up as a regular poster on here. Look out for GingerWinger banging on about PC type stuff. đŸ‘đŸ»

‘Yah, Johnoco, if one cannot get decent rag pudding in the Royal Box this year, one is done with the game for good’.

8 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Since Harry is stepping away, I hope that includes stepping away from having an expensive lifestyle funded by the public. Wonder what he will do for work now.

While on the subject, the royals more than pay their way as that family is worth an absolute fortune to the UK economy so you’d be more than silly to call them spongers. When they are wheeled out they essentially print money via tourism, merchandise etc. plus there’s their value as a soft power.

The issue I have are the freeloaders, namely those not part of the immediate family (anyone outside Liz’s children, grandchildren, etc)...a financial burden, all those dukes, duchesses, earls etc. that nobody has heard of who appear from “their” mansions/castles to attend one of the senior royals wedding...that lot shouldn’t be getting a penny from the public. 

I’d dismantle the whole thing apart from the immediate family, then every twenty years or so trim the edges (remove the growing number of cousins, aunts, uncles etc, the hangers on) as it gets too unwieldy.

Does ‘Megxit’ have any bearing on this? 

If it’s all off may I suggest we approach the following:

Prince Andrew

The Earl of Derby

The Duke of Earl

Lord Melbury

Lord Snooty (and his pals)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

‘Yah, Johnoco, if one cannot get decent rag pudding in the Royal Box this year, one is done with the game for good’.

Dear Scubby. I feel your pain. Whenever my family have a celebration there are mugs all over the place one can buy them from wherever one normally does the "large shop". These are one off occasions and yet they are everywhere. So why oh why are there no England Rugby League mugs!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, RP London said:

Dear Scubby. I feel your pain. Whenever my family have a celebration there are mugs all over the place one can buy them from wherever one normally does the "large shop". These are one off occasions and yet they are everywhere. So why oh why are there no England Rugby League mugs!!!!!!!

Hang on, are Scubby and Man of Kent the same person? Hadn't picked that one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, ÂŁ7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a ÂŁ2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Hang on, are Scubby and Man of Kent the same person? Hadn't picked that one.

I'm aware Man of Kent would like one but isnt it Scubby who is the original angry Mug wanter? (BTW I know "wanter" isnt a work and it isnt me trying to get around the sweary fitler using a "t" rather than a "k"!) 

• Like 1

havent they said that they will still honour their commitments? I am sure i read that

here we go.. from their official statement

"We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to the Queen, the Commonwealth and our patronages.

As Patron of the Rugby Football League etc reading the above he will continue to do this sort of thing.. so i dont see why this would be at risk.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RP London said:

havent they said that they will still honour their commitments? I am sure i read that

They have said they'll continue to honour their 'patronages' which is what Harry's role with RL amounts to, I believe? I think that Aus article has jumped to conclusions there as lets be honest, if they were going to back out of any commitments RL would hardly be a high profile one, so the idea they've explicitly announced they're 'pulling out' from doing it seems far fetched. Not least of all because the draw itself is only one week away - whether he continues the role thereafter remains to be seen. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Does that mean Harry will be the number one ticket holder for TWP?

Wouldn't that be great at the home games?....Harry cheering for TWP against the English sides...I can just hear it now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RP London said:

here we go.. from their official statement

As Patron of the Rugby Football League etc reading the above he will continue to do this sort of thing.. so i dont see why this would be at risk.

I hope his granny doesn't get the locks changed before the 16th.