Sign in to follow this  
jannerboyuk

RLWC 2021 to take place at Buckingham Palace

EOZw3hbX4AArjvU?format=jpg&name=small

EOZw9hdWoAAUbr6?format=jpg&name=small

EOZxFuDWsAAH2Ub?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Outstanding stuff. Beautifully presented, like the last event on the BBC. 

Professional, inspiring, credible, prestigious. 

Brilliant. 

• Like 10

Group D and C are quite open for the second place qualifier. Most teams will fancy their chances and could see it coming down to points difference!

So then, where are the shocks coming from? Hard to see the top two seeds in each group not making the QFs but you never know.

Samoa can be a bit iffy so possibly Group A with France?

Really good draw, both from a sporting point of view and the actual production. That said, it could've all gone wrong had Prince Harry not pointed out to Dave Woods that Lebanon needed adding back into the pot! ?

• Like 3

Better (both in practice and the overall result) it could not have been for every competition. England and Samoa as an opener sets the tone as well as any possible match up, and I very much look forward to being at St James Park.

Awesome.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

So then, where are the shocks coming from? Hard to see the top two seeds in each group not making the QFs but you never know.

I disagree actually. I think the 2nd place is up for grabs in every group. It'll be tough, but certainly a chance for the likes of Wales and Ireland, France and maybe Scotland. Obviously depends on selections. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Outstanding stuff. Beautifully presented, like the last event on the BBC. 

Professional, inspiring, credible, prestigious. 

Brilliant. 

Spot on Dave T.

It’s bedtime for me now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Really good draw, both from a sporting point of view and the actual production. That said, it could've all gone wrong had Prince Harry not pointed out to Dave Woods that Lebanon needed adding back into the pot! ?

Also how Prince Harry took it upon himself to turn his back and mix them up after seeing exactly where Lebanon's ball had gone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I don't see Lebanon being the same team they were in 2017 making Ireland and Jamaica feel more confident imo. Also, Wales, the Kukis and PNG all have the potential to beat eachother on their day imo.

• Like 1

Just now, absentee thoughtlord said:

Better (both in practice and the overall result) it could not have been for every competition. England and Samoa as an opener sets the tone as well as any possible match up, and I very much look forward to being at St James Park.

Awesome.

It is a very exciting opener. It is the first time in the modern WCs that we haven't fixed the big 3 in openers and I expect this one to be the biggest crowd of all. 

• Like 1

Just browsing the #RLWC2021Draw hashtag on twitter, noticed that Arsenal have tweeted out again saying how pleased they are to be hosting a game in the tournament.

I think it is little things like that, that can really help bring some more awareness.

• Like 12

Slick, polished and professional.

Buckingham Palace, HRH Harry, Robinson, Grainger and kids from a London School topped off by that gorgeous creature.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

I think Wales had better start on their physical conditioning now as that's going to be a bruising pool.  Some good games there and some excellent exposure for the smaller teams.

• Like 6

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I don't see Lebanon being the same team they were in 2017 making Ireland and Jamaica feel more confident imo. Also, Wales, the Kukis and PNG all have the potential to beat eachother on their day imo.

Agree that Group C hinges on how strong a side Lebanon fields. Last time they had Mitchell Moses who was one the stars of the tournament. Ireland could squeak it but I don't fancy Jamaica at all unless they get more Super League quality.

• Like 1

Just saw this also on twitter:

I just thought it was quite amusing

I don't even have a twitter account, I've got to get more involved in it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Group D and C are quite open for the second place qualifier. Most teams will fancy their chances and could see it coming down to points difference!

Samoa v France could be interesting in pot A too.

• Like 1

Really great coverage, as has all the programmes for the world cup so far. Its odd watching rugby league coverage done well!

Wales are coming last in that group! I think I'm most intrigued by group C, apart from New Zealand I would say that is a pretty competitive group, 2nd isn't a given in that.

England have got a decent group, will be great to see Greece on such a big stage, they gave Scotland a good game. England v Samoa at St James' Park in front of 50,000 is gonna be a truly legendary game. I can't wait for the world cup to start!

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 2

Awesome.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Why they have loads of heritage players to pick from.  Doueihi for example is becoming a real.talent 

Just all feels like more of a real world cup, a significant step forward at the very least and actually building on 2013 unlike 2017 ? 

• Like 3

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

1 minute ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Awesome.

Can Samoa win that game?

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Why they have loads of heritage players to pick from.  Doueihi for example is becoming a real.talent 

What is the situation with Lebanon now? Are they still fighting between the domestic lot and the aussie lot?