Sat 29 Feb: SL: Toronto Wolfpack v St Helens KO 6pm

Who will win?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/02/20 at 18:00

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You seriously don’t think they offer anything off the field? They’ve given SL more national media attention than the other 11 teams combined since they got promoted. 

The joy you take from this kinda thing is pathetic. 

Nope, new fans, sponsors and partners in New territories is 100% expansion.  So is getting more people playing the game, but that doesn't exclude the other benefits.  The single mindedness a

Strong Saints side, I had expected a couple of changes and probably still do on gameday, and that is a strong Toronto side, the strongest I remember them naming this season. I think we’re in for a game on Saturday. I still fancy us to just edge it but I’m expecting a tough game.  

Toronto are improving and we had a really tough game last week. I imagine our team will see Grace in for Bentley, with Costello shifting to centre but no other changes. Maybe Amor will come in for Smith.

It's going to be one of those games where getting a win, however we do it, will be great. I hope the threat of avoiding being Toronto's first scalp will be a motivating factor.

Twitter: @TrylineUK
Latest Blog: FACT OR FICTION? Red Cards Ruin Games

I notice that John hasn't indicated that this game is on Sky.

I just hope it's worth watching.

• Like 1

"It started out in innocence, the way that most things do,
                                     a thousand people crammed in one place, but the only face was you"

Shall look forward to seeing another packed Canadian venue cheering on their home grown heroes.............till then we have to make do with the wolfpack taking rugby league to new audiences in the outpost of northern England like Leeds and Warrington!

who said it wouldn't work !!!

Saints by 40+

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, daz39 said:

Shall look forward to seeing another packed Canadian venue cheering on their home grown heroes.............till then we have to make do with the wolfpack taking rugby league to new audiences in the outpost of northern England like Leeds and Warrington!

who said it wouldn't work !!!

Saints by 40+

Grow up. They already get more home fans than Huddersfield and will get more playing a home game at Warrington. It's a shame they're not delivering on the field.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 27/02/2020 at 17:37, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Strongest squad TWP have named so far. Maintain my earlier sentiments - the upset is

If you consider Springer, Wilkin and Lussick probably aren’t playing then that’s an 18 person squad. Sidlow, Mullaley and Olbison plus young Wigan loanee against (arguably) the worlds strongest club front row.
I suspect Saints might rest a few in their last 17 and I also suspect they will be really drained mentally and physically after a fabulous effort last week, but it doesn’t look good as a match up. 

I know they’ve been unlucky but what was Noble thinking when he assembled the Wolfpack’s squad?

Miracles can still happen, and maybe all of Toronto’s excellent attacks come off and they win a high scoring game. I’d give them a 1 in 4 chance of winning today. 

7 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Grow up. They already get more home fans than Huddersfield and will get more playing a home game at Warrington. It's a shame they're not delivering on the field.

7 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

nah growing up's for boring people and i was being a bit tongue in cheek - i've actually no issue with Toronto just thought i'd be a facetious ****

• Like 1

I know a few are saying Saints will feel a hangover from the Roosters game but I can't see it. They have gone head to head with the best team in the World and will be taking that kind of intensity into this game against a team with some quality players but not Super League class from 1 to 17..

With a new coach at the helm and already suffering a nilling this season, I can see Saints being up for it and piling quite a few points on.

I expect Saints to win but Toronto will be competitive.

I'll be watching on Sportsnet NOW.  I held off getting a full subscription to Sportsnet until they and Sky start airing every Wolfpack match.

For now I will just buy a weekly subscription whenever there are games on that I feel like watching.

• Like 1

Decided this morning to attend, the 200 mile round trip is considerably more enticing with it not being a Friday night! You'd like to think it's a comfortable win for Saints but it wouldn't surprise me if we are a few bodies down on last week, it looked like Naiqama and Peyroux took knocks.

Edit: Just seen the team, we're actually stronger than last weekend as Grace is back in the team.

Edited by Saint 1