Euro XIIIs

1 minute ago, Anadolu XIII said:

I can only speak for myself as someone actually involves in entering a club and we are ready to attempt to make it happen. İn one-way or another Anadolu XIII will take the field. ?

It is a great concept and I hope it succeeds for your club and the others involved, I think most people who have written on this thread also hope it works but there are just so many unanswered questions.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

It is a great concept and I hope it succeeds for your club and the others involved, I think most people who have written on this thread also hope it works but there are just so many unanswered questions.  

I agree that there are unanswered questions but something's are fairly protected by those actually taking the risk, including ourselves. 

I believe this can be another step in establishing Rugby League as the second football code in Turkey and trust me, where Turkey goes, so too will a number of Turkish nation's in time. 

2 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

I agree that there are unanswered questions but something's are fairly protected by those actually taking the risk, including ourselves. 

if you win the 1st round game do you then go home and come back the following weekend to play or do you stay in Valencia the whole time?

15 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

I believe this can be another step in establishing Rugby League as the second football code in Turkey and trust me, where Turkey goes, so too will a number of Turkish nation's in time. 

I see that there is a strong University team in your city (Female to) is that Union?

29 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

The conspiracy theories on this thread are unreasonable. 

1. The RLEF does not administer club competitions.

The TRL and other bodies are FULLY committed to the RLEF and present competitions. Present clubs and competitions were not built on some incredible central mission and money but alot of hard work and passion by locals. There has been some good support but realistically very little (due to the RLEF's limited capacity not their lack of effort) compared to what is needed to push the game the next level.

2. This competition has the cooperation from nearly all governing bodies involved. 

3. No body considers this to be vaguely equal to English or established countries standards (and it does not matter, local Rugby League is sometimes better to watch then drilled professionals)

However, one day it could be.

4. The Participants have no idea and no experience (except many of us do)

5. No body is aware it could fail except everyone is. 

The investment and time is worth it even if it does not work out as hoped. However we are working towards this as a stepping stone to better things. 

I can only speak for myself as someone actually involves in entering a club and we are ready to attempt to make it happen. İn one-way or another Anadolu XIII will take the field. ?

İn the mean time, fan, skeptic or curious follow us on social media at /anadoluxiii Also check out our new logo and identity. Merchandise is coming soon.

Hi Dean. 

44 minutes ago, yanto said:

I reckon most people, who show any interest in the amateur game on the continent, will have heard of all the teams apart from the newly created ones like the Turkish side. 

Same as me asking you if you know anything about the clubs in the CRL Group 6 and Group 7 downunder. 

Unless you have some interest you proberbley can't name one club in these well established country leagues. 

No Google Eddie play fair ?

Mittagong Lions, Kiama Knights, Geeringong, Robertson Spuddies, Moss Vale Dragons, Shell Harbour Sharks... Ring any bells?? 

I mean British and Australian (and American, NZ etc) people becoming more aware of them. 

36 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

Anadolu Pars ile tanışın! @euro_13s 'te 15 ülkeden farklı kulüplere karşı yarışıp Türkiye Rugby Ligini temsil edeceğiz!

Introducing the Anadolu XIII Pars! We will be competing and representing Turkish Rugby League in the @euro_13s against clubs from 15 nation's!  #anadoluxiii #nrl #rugbyleague #trtspor @trtspor @ragbireferansi @ragbiligdernegi

IMG_20200621_133331_187.jpg

What is a Par?

Nice logo by the way, very professional.  

I think one of my concerns around why this competition is operating outside previously agreed structures is that organisations normally do that reduce costs by cutting 'red tape'. It may well reduce costs by cutting 'red tape' around things like ensuring player welfare, financial stability, standard of refereeing etc but for me this is a bad thing which will only damage the game. I'm not saying this is the case here but you have to question why this competition has decided to press ahead without working with the relevant organisation. 

Here are some (but not all) of the things that the RFL are checking when a team requests their approval to go on a tour abroad (as written on their website):

• Itinerary
  • Consent forms including medical and disability record
  • Luggage 
  • Cost to participants 
  • Codes of Conduct while on Tour DBS’S as needed for supervising adults 
  • Communication with Parents
  • Ratios of staff to children (minimum of two adults at all times without exception and never one on one) 
  • Roles and responsibilities e.g. Tour manager and Supervisionrota 
  • Club Home Contact (person appointed from club to deal with emergencies)
  • Overnight arrangements 
  • Risk Assessment carried out and actions completed (possibly more than once)
  • Transport /Forms of transport 
  • Supervision Accommodation and Room Allocation 
  • Catering on Arrival
  • Emergency Procedures First Aid & Physio provision Local medical services/hospital Incident reporting National Emergency numbers British Embassy contact details (if travelling abroad) Insurance - Travel Insurance, Personal accident Travelling Abroad
  • Medical issues Vaccinations

Euro 13 seem so determined to avoid answering any such questions that they went to the trouble of establishing a brand new club, that has no intention of ever playing in any RFL domestic competition, therefore removing the need to abide by any of the RFLs rules.

This should arouse suspicion to any reasonably-minded person.

Also. Is there any chance RFL "close the loophole" after this? Meaning any Birmingham Jaguar individual player also need approval in order to play? Rather than just clubs needing approval?

What questions are they avoiding answering - have you asked any questions of them or just on this forum? 

The people who matter most are those organising the participating clubs, I assume they’re satisfied that it’s ok so why are you so worried about it? You seem obsessed with picking holes in this whole thing and for some reason you seem to want it to fail - why?

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

I think one of my concerns around why this competition is operating outside previously agreed structures is that organisations normally do that reduce costs by cutting 'red tape'. It may well reduce costs by cutting 'red tape' around things like ensuring player welfare, financial stability, standard of refereeing etc but for me this is a bad thing which will only damage the game. I'm not saying this is the case here but you have to question why this competition has decided to press ahead without working with the relevant organisation. 

Didn’t we have something similar a few years ago with Ikram Butt involved?

Just now, Lowdesert said:

Didn’t we have something similar a few years ago with Ikram Butt involved?

That was "World Rugby League", which actually advocated us coming under the auspices of the IRB (as in Rugby Union).

19 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

To sort of correct you.

We (Worcester Jaguars) train and play out of Droitwich. 10-15 mins north of Worcester, 30 mins south of Birmingham. 

Somewhat between the two as it is.

thanks for the support though mate 

I was talking to a friend of mine who helps run a club in the West Of England league and he thought at the league meeting where you was accepted to the league you were playing out of Malvern or Worcester and now you are playing at a venue further North, he thinks you wouldn't have been accepted if that was known at the time though it is a moot point for this season I would think. 

20 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

So is this entire game.

No but you are saying time and time again if it fails there is no fallout no damage. Not to the game as a whole but possibly to the game in Europe. 

But hey ho that's of little irrelevance to you. 

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Here are some (but not all) of the things that the RFL are checking when a team requests their approval to go on a tour abroad (as written on their website):

• Itinerary
  • Consent forms including medical and disability record
  • Luggage 
  • Cost to participants 
  • Codes of Conduct while on Tour DBS’S as needed for supervising adults 
  • Communication with Parents
  • Ratios of staff to children (minimum of two adults at all times without exception and never one on one) 
  • Roles and responsibilities e.g. Tour manager and Supervisionrota 
  • Club Home Contact (person appointed from club to deal with emergencies)
  • Overnight arrangements 
  • Risk Assessment carried out and actions completed (possibly more than once)
  • Transport /Forms of transport 
  • Supervision Accommodation and Room Allocation 
  • Catering on Arrival
  • Emergency Procedures First Aid & Physio provision Local medical services/hospital Incident reporting National Emergency numbers British Embassy contact details (if travelling abroad) Insurance - Travel Insurance, Personal accident Travelling Abroad
  • Medical issues Vaccinations

Euro 13 seem so determined to avoid answering any such questions that they went to the trouble of establishing a brand new club, that has no intention of ever playing in any RFL domestic competition, therefore removing the need to abide by any of the RFLs rules.

This should arouse suspicion to any reasonably-minded person.

Also. Is there any chance RFL "close the loophole" after this? Meaning any Birmingham Jaguar individual player also need approval in order to play? Rather than just clubs needing approval?

Come off it LP.

Have you read this list?

This is a list of safeguards for people taking children abroad.

Post a list which is appropriate for a group of consenting, self-responsible adults, grown men (or women). 

I say, if all you have to contribute is a long list of reason why this can't or shouldn't be done, you should be quiet and get out of the way.

Your talk of ''closing the loophole'' makes me feel very sorry for you.

You seem so craven in your need for permission/approval its a wonder you ever moved out of your mam's house. (Have you?)

Get off your knees, stand up, think for yourself. Don't be so eager to surrender your rights and your liberty.

Make a difference instead of hiding in the status quo. 

3 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Come off it LP.

Have you read this list?

This is a list of safeguards for people taking children abroad.

Post a list which is appropriate for a group of consenting, self-responsible adults, grown men (or women). 

I say, if all you have to contribute is a long list of reason why this can't or shouldn't be done, you should be quiet and get out of the way.

Your talk of ''closing the loophole'' makes me feel very sorry for you.

You seem so craven in your need for permission/approval its a wonder you ever moved out of your mam's house. (Have you?)

Get off your knees, stand up, think for yourself. Don't be so eager to surrender your rights and your liberty.

Make a difference instead of hiding in the status quo. 

You may need to get permission for 2 sides from outside the European Union playing in a competition over there also do we know whats in place if the E111 is scraped.  

1 minute ago, stevevalerugby said:

You may need to get permission for 2 sides from outside the European Union playing in a competition over there also do we know whats in place if the E111 is scraped.  

Will you please elaborate?  I don't know who we need permission from, nor what the E111 is?

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

I was talking to a friend of mine who helps run a club in the West Of England league and he thought at the league meeting where you was accepted to the league you were playing out of Malvern or Worcester and now you are playing at a venue further North, he thinks you wouldn't have been accepted if that was known at the time though it is a moot point for this season I would think. 

Interesting, I’ve not heard anything in relation to that (as I said I only coach and play so don’t get too much of the background noise).

We trained for some time in and around Malvern and Worcester before agreeing to move up to Droitwich - by that point out WoE application was in and accepted.

9 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

We trained for some time in and around Malvern and Worcester before agreeing to move up to Droitwich - by that point out WoE application was in and accepted.

Ok thanks for the reply. Do you know if the players will stay out in Valencia between games if they win or will fly back home between games? 

16 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

E111 is the medical card we have when we travel abroad so that we do not have to pay for treatment in another European Country if we need to attend hospital or need treatment.   But we still do not Know what the rules are for travel in Europe post December 31st 2020

And who would you ask permission from?

32 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Not possibly to the game in Europe. Its a comp no one has heard of. It's really not that big of a threat

But to the clubs involved and their small domestic competitions spread around the continent.

But as I said it's irrelevant to you. 

No risk. 

Nothing to lose. 

Now your getting very repetitive and very boring and it seems despite your cleverness I guess you know absolouty nothing about rugby league in Europe. 

35 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

Have you ever heard of travel insurance, or do you think nobody leaves the EU because the E111 isn’t valid there. 

Archived