Sign in to follow this  
marklaspalmas

Championship/L1 restart numbers

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Widnes' thoughts

https://widnesvikings.co.uk/vikings-opt-out-of-autumn-competition/

"After receiving full details of the competition and learning the criteria in which the club would need to meet, a decision has been made that it would be in the club’s best interests to not enter"

I'd be interested to know the criteria the club had to meet....

We all would.

41 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yes, that’s the key bit.

I’ve been critical of Euro XIII for their lack of transparency so it would be good to know what is required of clubs for this tournament.

28 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

We all would.

I'd guess this might be a minimum,

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-domestic-competition-guidance

or assuming they're banking on spectators 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators 

This statement at the beginning of both documents could well become very important

While this guidance applies to England, you should always consider whether there are local restrictions in place in your area. If you live, work or volunteer in an area that is experiencing a local COVID-19 outbreak and where local restrictions have been imposed, different guidance and legislation will apply.

22 minutes ago, POR said:

down to 12 in a  RFL proposed 16 team competition🤣 how long before RFL pull the plug⁉️

When they get under 8. In line with their earlier statements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

When they get under 8. In line with their earlier statements.

I cannot wait for some of the comments when the likes of Bradford and Dewsbury get prize money for this year and the clubs that pulled out get nowt...

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I cannot wait for some of the comments when the likes of Bradford and Dewsbury get prize money for this year and the clubs that pulled out get nowt...

I mean, I think it’s all coming across as a bit dodgy but I’m assigning that to incompetence rather than deliberate grift.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, I think it’s all coming across as a bit dodgy but I’m assigning that to incompetence rather than deliberate grift.

Was that a Eureka moment??? RFL incompetent???? You don't want to restart, no numbers given, so we will offer you a comp instead - comedy genius

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Nowt being more after costs than most of the teams that do enter end up with.

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I thought you'd been promoted to SL for a minute there Dave ? 😉

This is what happens when you’re eating dinner , watching racing and posting on the forum . 

• Haha 1

In: None

Out: Coventry Bears, Halifax, Hunslet, Keighley Cougars, Newcastle Thunder, North Wales Crusaders, Oldham, Rochdale Hornets, Sheffield Eagles, Swinton Lions, Whitehaven, Widnes Vikings, Workington Town

Undecided: Barrow Raiders, Batley Bulldogs, Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Rams, Doncaster, Featherstone Rovers, Leigh Centurions, London Broncos, London Skolars, Toulouse Olympique, West Wales Raiders, York City Knights

• Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Out: Coventry Bears, Halifax, Hunslet, Keighley Cougars, Newcastle Thunder, North Wales Crusaders, Oldham, Rochdale Hornets, Sheffield Eagles, Swinton Lions, Whitehaven, Widnes Vikings, Workington Town

Undecided: Barrow Raiders, Batley Bulldogs, Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Rams, Doncaster, Featherstone Rovers, Leigh Centurions, London Broncos, London Skolars, Toulouse Olympique, West Wales Raiders, York City Knights

Still some big names to announce their intentions, but I can't see it being a success unfortunately.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

25 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Of the undecided clubs I expect Toulouse, West Wales and London Skolars to decline and probably the Broncos too based on travel costs on top of everything else. If the RFL then assured the clubs that the prize pot remains the same thus doubling the incremental prizes the other 8 may all commit to entering. The only thing I could see resulting in Toulouse and London Broncos entering is if TWP is confirmed to not be in SL 2021 and the RFL do a u-turn on promotion via the tournament as a result.

30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Toulouse coach has said they aren’t interested in it either, so I’d scratch them out too.

It would be very rugby league if by magic only eight clubs compete so that each is guaranteed a worthwhile slice of the prize money pie.

42 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Of the undecided clubs I expect Toulouse, West Wales and London Skolars to decline and probably the Broncos too based on travel costs on top of everything else. If the RFL then assured the clubs that the prize pot remains the same thus doubling the incremental prizes the other 8 may all commit to entering. The only thing I could see resulting in Toulouse and London Broncos entering is if TWP is confirmed to not be in SL 2021 and the RFL do a u-turn on promotion via the tournament as a result.

Toulouse aren't undecided; they will not be entering.  There has been a statement on their website for a few days to that effect.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The Toulouse coach has said they aren’t interested in it either, so I’d scratch them out too.

It would be very rugby league if by magic only eight clubs compete so that each is guaranteed a worthwhile slice of the prize money pie.

Banter when the  RFL dole out big prize money for what is a copy of the preseason Yorkshire cup they ran at Odsal a year ago. Cmon the Bulls

I doubt York will be playing either, I believe their players have been told they won't be entering and as a number of them will be changing clubs you can imagine those players wont want to get injured playing in a mickey mouse competition and neither will York want players injuring that they have signed. Same for most clubs really.

23 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I doubt York will be playing either, I believe their players have been told they won't be entering and as a number of them will be changing clubs you can imagine those players wont want to get injured playing in a mickey mouse competition and neither will York want players injuring that they have signed. Same for most clubs really.

I suppose that York might not have a ground available, either.

What about Fev and Leigh? I thought that their fans were universally opposed to entering.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I suppose that York might not have a ground available, either.

What about Fev and Leigh? I thought that their fans were universally opposed to entering.

Have Leigh declined? No wonder your blind.

Edited by SL17