World Cup Ticket Prices

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, lanzer98 said:

No, I wasn‘t and wondering how to fill St James. Thanks for the information.

The Scotland/Italy game at Workington in 2013 was one of the best games of the tournament and there were 7000+ of us there. I think this game was meant to be at Workington and got moved to Newcastle when Allerdale Council reneged on their stadium commitments.

Thunder have higher average crowds than Workington (and obviously it's a way bigger place), Sunday afternoon kick-off, in a place that's pretty easy to get to. I'd expect Kingston Park to be pretty full.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don’t think they should be putting ticket prices up any further. These should be the maximum prices, not the starting. 

It's unclear what they mean, but I think that may be the case. That table gives no indication that they are promotional prices, so I expect they will be the prices from the start of 2021, and when they go on sale next month we will see % off those prices. That is how the 2013 one worked, although they pretty much had 50% offers right through. 

I agree it would be odd for them to go up above these prices. 

1 hour ago, JonM said:

The Scotland/Italy game at Workington in 2013 was one of the best games of the tournament and there were 7000+ of us there. I think this game was meant to be at Workington and got moved to Newcastle when Allerdale Council reneged on their stadium commitments.

Thunder have higher average crowds than Workington (and obviously it's a way bigger place), Sunday afternoon kick-off, in a place that's pretty easy to get to. I'd expect Kingston Park to be pretty full.

4/5 of us planning to stay in Newcastle on the Saturday night after the England game, but 3 of us want to do the Scotland game the following day and the other two want to do the Ireland game at Leeds. And none of us will be able to go to the earlier game and get across to Warrington in time for the evening game. Shame really, but I suppose I’m just being greedy trying to get three games in two days. 

I consider the two games in Newcastle (2.30pm) and in Hull (7.30pm) on Saturday. According to Google Maps its a 2ish hour drive and could work. Anyone planning these 2 games too or can give advise? I have no clue about rush hour and infrastructure there. 

On 21/08/2020 at 21:32, Big Picture said:

No discounts for seniors then I take it.

That's a shame. This is going to disappoint a lot of my aged relatives who are used to getting in to RL games on the cheap. Before I give them the bad news, I’ll be sure to ply them with sherry.

9 minutes ago, bar red said:

Am not attending any of these games if they are charging a £2 booking fee.!!

You're not joking, are you?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Some people who have no intention of going to a match will make any excuse to not buy tickets they weren't going to.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Hospitality has been released now - top tickets for the final are £1k plus VAT

https://www.rlwc2021hospitality.com/

There’s no way I’m paying £1000 a ticket 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Are you sure that is not just the hospitality tickets? That is standard.

I suspect it is but, either way, it's not made clear in the blurb.   It's buried in the small print.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

There’s no way I’m paying £1000 a ticket 

It's not £1000.   It's only £995.

Mind you, the VAT takes it to £1194.

13 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The £995 plus VAT for the final is cheap for that type of ticket

Compared to ?

There's only one RL World Cup final every four years (maybe longer).  It's hard to compare.

On 22/08/2020 at 19:20, lanzer98 said:

I consider the two games in Newcastle (2.30pm) and in Hull (7.30pm) on Saturday. According to Google Maps its a 2ish hour drive and could work. Anyone planning these 2 games too or can give advise? I have no clue about rush hour and infrastructure there. 

Would be a massive rush but I’d have thought it’s do-able. What a great pair of opening day fixtures. 

Archived