Sheffield’s Stadium - any updates?

3 hours ago, langpark said:

Will this be ready for the start of next season? 

If the stadium development at York is anything to go by then it must be doubtful.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 31/10/2020 at 11:01, sentoffagain2 said:

Retail ! after this Pandemic no one will have any spare cash to spend.It will be like when i was young,no new shoes put cardboard inside when they let the wet in.Or polish ones feet and lace your toes up.Wheldon Road has the space to be redeveloped costing much less than a new stadium.Down the main wooden stand side full length  and behind the sticks at the railway end both fully seated.All Hospitality,  changing rooms, gym ,and fitness facilities built into the length.

Building new costs less than refurbishment.

• Like 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 17/10/2021 at 13:37, ShropshireBull said:

At least it is going up.  Very positive for Eagles and other championship club in a big city putting the infrastructure in place. 

Massive investment by the Eagles.  🕵️‍♂️

Now I'm just waiting to hear Tubby moaning about the rent.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Bet its done before C@$ un wakeys NEW grounds.

What Fev did getting the old stands from Scarborough(i think it was), and having volunteers who were experts at each job needed too rebuild them was first class. I was wondering if Cas could’ve done the same, or were they confident that they’d be moving on from Wheldon Road ?. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

What Fev did getting the old stands from Scarborough(i think it was), and having volunteers who were experts at each job needed too rebuild them was first class. I was wondering if Cas could’ve done the same, or were they confident that they’d be moving on from Wheldon Road ?. 

Thank you they were brilliant, i belive Cas were hoping for a ground near the Freeport shopping complex next to M62 but that never materialised then across the road there was going to be another complex but due to covid and M & S deciding not to build that fell through as well. Also they wanted money from the Wakefield Council to fund one. I may be wrong on some of this but that's what we  were led to belive round here. If anyone knows differently feel free to correct me.With the millions from Sky over the years they could have done Wheldon Road up, their history is there and its a decent ground just needs doing up.

• Like 2