Derek Beaumont

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that, a good interview and nice website.

These statements are massive contradictions though when we are talking about the suitability of the 12th club and how sustainable they are:

We failed to make the play offs in 2018 which was a massive failure with the team we had and the money invested. These placed the club at risk as we had contracts running into further years that with the drop from 1.8M to 1.2M then becoming 200k meant we were unable to fund them.

Then proceed to say this:

I have significant physical cash in hand to demonstrate I can self-fund the club in Super League even without any spectators at games or even the £1m from central funding so we are a completely safe bet financially.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

These statements are massive contradictions though when we are talking about the suitability of the 12th club and how sustainable they are:

We failed to make the play offs in 2018 which was a massive failure with the team we had and the money invested. These placed the club at risk as we had contracts running into further years that with the drop from 1.8M to 1.2M then becoming 200k meant we were unable to fund them.

I have significant physical cash in hand to demonstrate I can self-fund the club in Super League even without any spectators at games or even the £1m from central funding so we are a completely safe bet financially.

Agree totally. Alongside market potential it is the biggest mark against Leigh's current and any future Super League bid.

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

No they aren’t 

You do not know Derek’s cash position in 2018 against today

If the RFL asked for a bond as a precondition I am certain he would post it

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Agree totally. Alongside market potential it is the biggest mark against Leigh's current and any future Super League bid.

You still don’t get it, company adjusts expenditure in light of market changes and all monies are paid, tax staff creditors and pay offs. Company is saved from administration and rebuilds.

please enlighten me which bit you don’t grasp, I realise your real world experience is virtually nil so ask if in doubt

27 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You still don’t get it, company adjusts expenditure in light of market changes and all monies are paid, tax staff creditors and pay offs. Company is saved from administration and rebuilds.

please enlighten me which bit you don’t grasp, I realise your real world experience is virtually nil so ask if in doubt

He's claimed in the same interview to have enough cash to run with no Super League money whilst also saying a drop of less than that caused major problems for the club. Only one of those can be true - and only one played out.

From a distance...

In 2018 Delbert got the blonks on cos of the ineptitude of some of his team and got rid..... the way that he did things may not sit well with many folk. Delbert won't give a flying ****.

He has a few bob. I dont dispute his ability to fund leigh in SL or his willingness to post a bond if at all required.

I don't particularly like the bloke. Once again, he won't give a flying sheeite what I think. He's a wealthy bloke. I'm not.

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

From a distance...

In 2018 Delbert got the blonks on cos of the ineptitude of some of his team and got rid..... the way that he did things may not sit well with many folk. Delbert won't give a flying ****.

He has a few bob. I dont dispute his ability to fund leigh in SL or his willingness to post a bond if at all required.

I don't particularly like the bloke. Once again, he won't give a flying sheeite what I think. He's a wealthy bloke. I'm not.

I agree totally he won't. That doesn't stop it counting against them (and him particularly) now and in future. 

The difference in Mr Beaumont and Mr LiVolsi is that Mr Beaumont has said he will be totally transparent re the monies he has available to finance a SL team with no strings attached, I will say to all those who championed Mr LiVolsi with all his self imposed conditions that if he had been as open in his submission(s) all these threads re a replacement club for Toronto may not have been required.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The difference in Mr Beaumont and Mr LiVolsi is that Mr Beaumont has said he will be totally transparent re the monies he has available to finance a SL team with no strings attached, I will say to all those who championed Mr LiVolsi with all his self imposed conditions that if he had been as open in his submission(s) all these threads re a replacement club for Toronto may not have been required.

Why have you brought up Toronto?

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The reality is DB has constantly put his hand in his pocket 🙂 and thats something one cannot knock.

42 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

totally agree with that. If liVolsi had shown proof of funds i wonder how much of the other stuff that was an issue would have gone away.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Come on tommy lad....

You know the score here. Livolsi would not declare his hand. By direct comparison, delbert is doing. Thats all there is to it.... but you know that.

Hmmmm ok

In any case, the contradictory points are raised by the interview as to that. 

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Is the last paragraph not the one quoted by Mick Gledhill that led to Mick being pilloried on here,and Beaumont denying it on his Twitter account?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Is the last paragraph not the one quoted by Mick Gledhill that led to Mick being pilloried on here,and Beaumont denying it on his Twitter account?

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Not exactly but are to the same effect

DB's tweet about not needing funding (or at least no more than Leigh would get in the Championship) was still there a couple of days ago - I stuck it in the other thread when his denial was brought up. 

14 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

DB's tweet about not needing funding (or at least no more than Leigh would get in the Championship) was still there a couple of days ago - I stuck it in the other thread when his denial was brought up. 

My point exactly. Which obviously begs the question in line with this, does he have the cash or doesn't he?

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

My point exactly. Which obviously begs the question in line with this, does he have the cash or doesn't he?

He does, but he isn’t simply going to refuse it is he should Leigh be accepted. 

No doubt this will be invested wisely unlike last time!

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Does not matter, Leigh will be judged on their submission.  

I take my hat off to any bloke who puts his own brass into the game, but promises that are not required, won’t count in the decision.

Archived